From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-04-19 (Tuesday)
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 10:04:44 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 17:04 UTC

On 4/20/2022 5:49 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-04-20 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> I watched:
>>
>> Nothing very memorable, apparently.
>>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Still grading, and doing errands (I only had a half workday yesterday!),
> so still just soaps...:
>
> soaps: GH - Mon's & Tues' ep's. Surprisingly little happened in these
> episodes after Friday's literal "cliffhanger". After the cliff murder,
> Harmony uses Neil's brother's key card to sneak into his hotel room, and
> steal her therapy folder; she later runs into Willow and acts all weird.
> Meanwhile, Alexis comes across the body at the docks, and is questioned
> by Jordan about it. Portia goes all agro on Jordan about Trina's arrest.
> Josslyn and Cameron fight about Spencer getting his old job back, and
> Cameron almost reveals what Spencer is really up to. Anna commisserates
> about Peter's death to Valentin, who is keeping secrets from her.
> Curtis' dad, Marshall, confronts NuDrew about the fake job offer.
>
> Will probably get to "Moon Knight" tonight...

I watched:

Black-ish - "Homegoing" - For the series finale we get a trip down
memory lane as Dre decides to sale the house and quit his job. Not very
funny, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. They did a special
retrospective episode afterwards, but I missed it since I only found out
about it after it already aired. I did manage to record the Jimmy
Kimmel episode that had the entire cast on so I'll get to that later.

This Is Us - The Us family attend Kate's wedding. I guess this episode
took place in the future. Who can keep track of the timeline anymore.

Come True (Netflix rental) - Wow this was a bad movie! Where to begin?
So this movie is I guess technically sci-fi, at least that's what Wiki
claims along with being horror. Was I supposed to be scared? The plot
had something to do with a young woman (Julia Sarah Stone) who has some
sort of sleep problem who joins a sleep clinic. But the clinic has
technology that allows them to view and record dreams. It turns out
everyone is having the same waking nightmare where they see a mysterious
figure standing over them. I think I might be making this movie sound
better than it actually is. I got tricked by the plot description too.
Nothing happens in this turkey! And the end made me so mad I almost
want to spoil it. Look, this is just not a watchable movie. It's
boring. The plot is muddled. And it's filmed so dark that at first I
thought something was wrong with my equipment. Then read a review that
said it was intentionally shot that way. "Sarah's dream world is very
dark with monochromatic patterns." And "There is barely any daylight.
Colors have been desaturated."
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Come-True-Blu-ray/299673/#Review
Just avoid this dark, grainy, mess of a movie at all costs. I suffered
through it so you don't have too.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-04-19 (Tuesday)

<t4rkp5$hf$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142322&group=rec.arts.tv#142322

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 09:20:52 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Tue, 3 May 2022 16:20 UTC

On 5/3/2022 5:16 AM, Micky DuPree wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> writes:
>
>> Black-ish - "Homegoing" - For the series finale we get a trip down
>> memory lane as Dre decides to sale the house and quit his job. Not
>> very funny, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.
>
> It did kind of take my breath away that Dre sold the house and quit his
> job all in the space of a few minutes. You'd think they could have
> eased us into that over two episodes.
>
>> They did a special retrospective episode afterwards, but I missed it
>> since I only found out about it after it already aired.
>
> Is this it:
>
> _ABC black-ish: A Celebration -- An ABC News Special_, "An exclusive
> look at final table read and original audition tapes; interviews with
> cast, crew and guest stars of the show's eight seasons"?
>
> It's available On Demand on Comcast and probably from ABC directly.
> Thanks for mentioning it, as I didn't know it existed.

That's it. Thank you!