Someday your prints will come. -- Kodak

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health OrganizationmoviePig
+- Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health OrganizationmoviePig
+- Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health OrganizationmoviePig
+* Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health OrganizationmoviePig
|`- Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health OrganizationmoviePig
+* Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organizationsuzeeq
|`* Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organizationsuzeeq
| +* Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health OrganizationRhino
| |+* Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organizationsuzeeq
| ||`- Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health OrganizationRhino
| |+* Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health OrganizationRhino
| ||+* Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health OrganizationRhino
| ||`- Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organizationsuzeeq
| |+- Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health OrganizationmoviePig
| |+- Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organizationsuzeeq
| |`* Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organizationsuzeeq
| | +* Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health OrganizationmoviePig
| | |`- Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health OrganizationmoviePig
| | `* Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health OrganizationmoviePig
| |  +- Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organizationsuzeeq
| |  +* Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health OrganizationmoviePig
| |  |`- Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health OrganizationmoviePig
| |  `* Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organizationsuzeeq
| |   `- Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organizationsuzeeq
| `* Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organizationsuzeeq
|  `- Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organizationsuzeeq
`* Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health OrganizationmoviePig
 `* Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health OrganizationmoviePig
  `* Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health OrganizationmoviePig
   `* Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health OrganizationmoviePig
    `- Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health OrganizationmoviePig

Pages:12
Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<jD0cK.184238$Kdf.80422@fx96.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142311&group=rec.arts.tv#142311

Subject: Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 22:41:18 -0400
 by: moviePig - Tue, 3 May 2022 02:41 UTC

On 5/2/2022 9:54 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Politico is reporting that they have come into possession of a leaked copy of
> Alito's majority opinion in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health, which indicates
> the Court has five votes to overturn Roe and Casey.
>
> If it's a legitimate copy of the opinion, this leak is nothing short of
> breathtaking. It would constitute one of the greatest breaches of security in
> the history of the Supreme Court and represents the greatest crisis that Chief
> Justice Roberts has faced in his tenure on the Court. It is a breach of the
> most fundamental obligations and traditions of the Court.
>
> It is also hard not to view this as a malicious act. What is the motivation
> for leaking the decision? The only intent of such an act is to trigger a
> response from outside of the Court. The most likely motivation is obviously to
> pressure justices to change their votes and push the legislation in Congress
> on a federal abortion law before the midterm elections. It will also likely
> renew the call for court packing.

My first thought, after being appalled on behalf of all U.S. women of
childbearing age, is that this could give the Dems a significant boost
in the midterms, in the form of millions of indignant females.

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<_aacK.822488$oF2.453770@fx10.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142314&group=rec.arts.tv#142314

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 09:33:45 -0400
 by: moviePig - Tue, 3 May 2022 13:33 UTC

On 5/3/2022 5:21 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Tue, 03 May 2022 02:50:29 -0500, BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> My first thought, after being appalled on behalf of all U.S. women of
>>> childbearing age, is that this could give the Dems a significant boost
>>> in the midterms, in the form of millions of indignant females.
>>
>> It'll be hilarious when "storming the Capitol" suddenly becomes a
>> justifiable act of civil disobedience in the next few weeks.
>
> If by "Storming" you mean peaceful protests then I have no problem
> with that. If they were to try and force their way into the Supreme
> Court Justices chambers then they deserve to be arrested. I do think
> this should serve as a rallying point that will motivate many people
> to vote that weren't likely to vote in the mid-terms (mainly on the
> pro-choice side) while de-motivating those on the anti-choice side.
> After all there's no need to worry about voting if you've already won.

Given events of recent years resulting in a solid Conservative overthrow
of "settled law", I'd say SCOTUS has already been "stormed"...

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<xhacK.694622$7F2.170419@fx12.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142315&group=rec.arts.tv#142315

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 09:40:32 -0400
 by: moviePig - Tue, 3 May 2022 13:40 UTC

On 5/2/2022 10:46 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On May 2, 2022 at 7:41:18 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/2/2022 9:54 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>>> Politico is reporting that they have come into possession of a leaked copy
>>> of
>>> Alito's majority opinion in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health, which indicates
>>> the Court has five votes to overturn Roe and Casey.
>>>
>>> If it's a legitimate copy of the opinion, this leak is nothing short of
>>> breathtaking. It would constitute one of the greatest breaches of security
>>> in
>>> the history of the Supreme Court and represents the greatest crisis that
>>> Chief
>>> Justice Roberts has faced in his tenure on the Court. It is a breach of the
>>> most fundamental obligations and traditions of the Court.
>>>
>>> It is also hard not to view this as a malicious act. What is the motivation
>>> for leaking the decision? The only intent of such an act is to trigger a
>>> response from outside of the Court. The most likely motivation is obviously
>>> pressure justices to change their votes and push the legislation in Congress
>>> on a federal abortion law before the midterm elections. It will also likely
>>> renew the call for court packing.
>>
>> My first thought, after being appalled on behalf of all U.S. women of
>> childbearing age, is that this could give the Dems a significant boost
>> in the midterms, in the form of millions of indignant females.
>
> Could also galvanize millions of pro-life voters who recognize that.

Afaics, "pro-life voters" already emit smoke from their neck-bolts...

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<aZecK.706868$LN2.405144@fx13.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142324&group=rec.arts.tv#142324

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 15:00:21 -0400
 by: moviePig - Tue, 3 May 2022 19:00 UTC

On 5/3/2022 2:24 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <2up27hladb7rea30c3sdus1gku95kjl0r5@4ax.com>,
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 03 May 2022 10:26:02 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> When you say 'peaceful protests', do you mean the same kind of protests
>>> that filled most of the summer of 2020, which we were repeatedly assured
>>> by the media and leftist politicians were peaceful even as the cities
>>> were burning in the background?
>>
>> Yes, I mean the peaceful protests and not those riots or thefts that
>> were ongoing at the same time. It's not the first time that people
>> took advantage of protests to act out against whomever they feel has
>> wronged them. That doesn't mean the protests weren't peaceful
>
> Okay, whatever, dude. The people marching down Melrose and Santa Monica
> Blvd in L.A. chanting "No justice, no peace" were the same ones hurling
> bricks through storefronts and lighting cars on fire. I saw it with my
> own eyes.
>
> I refuse to be gaslit about this, either by you or our precious,
> precious journalists.
>
>> just like not everyone that attended the rally on Jan 6th took part in
>> forcing their way into the Capitol Building.
>
> And yet they've been interviewed by the FBI and entered in the Guardian
> database as "having links to domestic terrorism" nevertheless.
>
> But that's okay, because insurrection.
>
> By the way, 'insurrection' is an actual criminal offense under the U.S.
> Code, but have you noticed that not one of the people arrested for what
> happened at the Capitol has actually been charged with insurrection? I
> wonder why that is? Maybe because the U.S. Attorney knows that, despite
> what the media and the leading lights of RAT keep telling us, what they
> did wasn't actually an insurrection and charging them with it could
> never withstand an actual court proceeding.

Was there an effort to overturn the election and reinstate Trump?

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<t4rvnu$uob$3@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142328&group=rec.arts.tv#142328

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 12:27:58 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 3 May 2022 19:27 UTC

On 5/3/2022 11:24 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <2up27hladb7rea30c3sdus1gku95kjl0r5@4ax.com>,
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 03 May 2022 10:26:02 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> When you say 'peaceful protests', do you mean the same kind of protests
>>> that filled most of the summer of 2020, which we were repeatedly assured
>>> by the media and leftist politicians were peaceful even as the cities
>>> were burning in the background?
>>
>> Yes, I mean the peaceful protests and not those riots or thefts that
>> were ongoing at the same time. It's not the first time that people
>> took advantage of protests to act out against whomever they feel has
>> wronged them. That doesn't mean the protests weren't peaceful
>
> Okay, whatever, dude. The people marching down Melrose and Santa Monica
> Blvd in L.A. chanting "No justice, no peace" were the same ones hurling
> bricks through storefronts and lighting cars on fire. I saw it with my
> own eyes.
>
> I refuse to be gaslit about this, either by you or our precious,
> precious journalists.

The BLM protests in my town were peaceful. It only got out of hand in a
few places out of the dozens or hundreds that didn't.

>> just like not everyone that attended the rally on Jan 6th took part in
>> forcing their way into the Capitol Building.
>
> And yet they've been interviewed by the FBI and entered in the Guardian
> database as "having links to domestic terrorism" nevertheless.
>
> But that's okay, because insurrection.
>
> By the way, 'insurrection' is an actual criminal offense under the U.S.
> Code, but have you noticed that not one of the people arrested for what
> happened at the Capitol has actually been charged with insurrection? I
> wonder why that is? Maybe because the U.S. Attorney knows that, despite
> what the media and the leading lights of RAT keep telling us, what they
> did wasn't actually an insurrection and charging them with it could
> never withstand an actual court proceeding.

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<t4s60b$123p$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142332&group=rec.arts.tv#142332

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 14:14:51 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 3 May 2022 21:14 UTC

On 5/3/2022 1:42 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <t4rvnu$uob$3@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/3/2022 11:24 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Okay, whatever, dude. The people marching down Melrose and Santa Monica
>>> Blvd in L.A. chanting "No justice, no peace" were the same ones hurling
>>> bricks through storefronts and lighting cars on fire. I saw it with my
>>> own eyes.
>>>
>>> I refuse to be gaslit about this, either by you or our precious,
>>> precious journalists.
>>
>> The BLM protests in my town were peaceful. It only got out of hand in a
>> few places out of the dozens or hundreds that didn't.
>
> That doesn't change the fact that the media and the politicians were
> trying to sell the lie that the burning cities were the result of
> 'mostly peaceful' protests.

But most of the protests WERE peaceful. That's not a lie.

> CNN had a guy literally standing in front of a raging inferno and
> reporting with a straight face that protest there was mostly peaceful.
>
> It was a ridiculous lie then and it continues to be one now.

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<1%gcK.706874$LN2.492352@fx13.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142334&group=rec.arts.tv#142334

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 17:18:52 -0400
 by: moviePig - Tue, 3 May 2022 21:18 UTC

On 5/3/2022 4:43 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <aZecK.706868$LN2.405144@fx13.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/3/2022 2:24 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Okay, whatever, dude. The people marching down Melrose and Santa Monica
>>> Blvd in L.A. chanting "No justice, no peace" were the same ones hurling
>>> bricks through storefronts and lighting cars on fire. I saw it with my
>>> own eyes.
>>>
>>> I refuse to be gaslit about this, either by you or our precious,
>>> precious journalists.

>>> And yet they've been interviewed by the FBI and entered in the Guardian
>>> database as "having links to domestic terrorism" nevertheless.
>>>
>>> But that's okay, because insurrection.
>>>
>>> By the way, 'insurrection' is an actual criminal offense under the U.S.
>>> Code, but have you noticed that not one of the people arrested for what
>>> happened at the Capitol has actually been charged with insurrection? I
>>> wonder why that is? Maybe because the U.S. Attorney knows that, despite
>>> what the media and the leading lights of RAT keep telling us, what they
>>> did wasn't actually an insurrection and charging them with it could
>>> never withstand an actual court proceeding.
>>
>> Was there an effort to overturn the election and reinstate Trump?
>
> Apparently not or they would all be charged with insurrection.

"Charges" don't prove guilt, nor does their absence prove innocence.

And you didn't answer the question.

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<0shcK.823899$oF2.601107@fx10.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142336&group=rec.arts.tv#142336

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 17:49:47 -0400
 by: moviePig - Tue, 3 May 2022 21:49 UTC

On 5/3/2022 5:34 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Mon, 2 May 2022 22:41:18 -0400, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> It is also hard not to view this as a malicious act. What is the motivation
>>> for leaking the decision? The only intent of such an act is to trigger a
>>> response from outside of the Court. The most likely motivation is obviously to
>>> pressure justices to change their votes and push the legislation in Congress
>>> on a federal abortion law before the midterm elections. It will also likely
>>> renew the call for court packing.
>>
>> My first thought, after being appalled on behalf of all U.S. women of
>> childbearing age, is that this could give the Dems a significant boost
>> in the midterms, in the form of millions of indignant females.
>
> Why would that particularly affect things now as opposed to before Nov
> 2020 when the views of these same 9 justices (ok 8 plus the new one)
> were reasonably well known?

Two of those Conservative justices were on record denying they'd ever do
this. Clinging to an antiquated notion of SCOTUS ennoblement, I thought
there was an outside chance they meant it. I think I wasn't alone.

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<MNhcK.980734$aT3.123690@fx09.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142338&group=rec.arts.tv#142338

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 18:12:54 -0400
 by: moviePig - Tue, 3 May 2022 22:12 UTC

On 5/3/2022 6:02 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <0shcK.823899$oF2.601107@fx10.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/3/2022 5:34 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:

>>> Why would that particularly affect things now as opposed to before Nov
>>> 2020 when the views of these same 9 justices (ok 8 plus the new one)
>>> were reasonably well known?
>>
>> Two of those Conservative justices were on record denying they'd ever do
>> this. Clinging to an antiquated notion of SCOTUS ennoblement, I thought
>> there was an outside chance they meant it. I think I wasn't alone.
>
> Is this Roe thing a reason to riot or a reason to hoard toilet paper?
> It's getting hard to keep track.

Women should stock toilet paper, since their rights are turning to shit.

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<t4sdd1$e2n$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142339&group=rec.arts.tv#142339

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 19:21:03 -0400
 by: Rhino - Tue, 3 May 2022 23:21 UTC

On 2022-05-03 6:11 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On May 3, 2022 at 2:14:51 PM PDT, "suzeeq" <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> That doesn't change the fact that the media and the politicians were
>>> trying to sell the lie that the burning cities were the result of
>>> 'mostly peaceful' protests.
>>
>> But most of the protests WERE peaceful. That's not a lie.
>
> Leftist social media is already awash in calls for violence, to include
> violence against the justices of the Court.
>

> https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1521588874077609984?s=20&t=ePcwLxjVl0p9hGb0go8QWg
>
> On the other hand, none of those people could bust a grape in a fruit fight,
> so maybe it's not all that bad.

It's amazing how agitated so many people get about abortion. If the
"right" to an abortion were overturned at the federal level - and even
the state and local level as well - it would NOT mean every woman has to
give birth to babies! But it WOULD encourage women (who are capable of
getting pregnant) to use birth control or to get their lovers to use
birth control. That does not seem like the most horrible of things. In
fact it would prevent conceiving unwanted children and the murdering of
those children by women/parents who couldn't be bothered to use birth
control. That actually seems like a positive thing to me!

And yes, I acknowledge that some pregnancies are the result of failed
birth control. That would clearly require some kind of special
consideration as would cases of rape where the woman was precluded the
option to use birth control and the rapist chose not to use it.

The way I see it, MOST of the pro-abortion crowd doesn't want to give up
their option of having unprotected intercourse and then aborting any
babies that result from that.

I would also like to point out that many women would NOT be affected by
this decision in the slightest. I'm speaking of those who are too old to
conceive; those who are unable to conceive because they have had
hysterectomies or other procedures that prevent conception; lesbians;
the celibate, and those too young to conceive. Oh, and let's not forget
the "women" who aren't actually women: the trans-genders who were born
with penises and lopped them off.

--
Rhino

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<t4sf89$1cvh$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142340&group=rec.arts.tv#142340

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 16:52:42 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 3 May 2022 23:52 UTC

On 5/3/2022 3:00 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <t4s60b$123p$1@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> That doesn't change the fact that the media and the politicians were
>>> trying to sell the lie that the burning cities were the result of
>>> 'mostly peaceful' protests.
>>
>> But most of the protests WERE peaceful. That's not a lie.
>
> But that isn't what they were saying. They were pointing to violent
> riots and burning cityscapes and saying *those* were peaceful protests.

Only a few of them were violent mobs.

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<t4sfis$1d8r$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142341&group=rec.arts.tv#142341

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 16:58:20 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 3 May 2022 23:58 UTC

On 5/3/2022 4:21 PM, Rhino wrote:
> On 2022-05-03 6:11 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> But most of the protests WERE peaceful. That's not a lie.
>>
>> Leftist social media is already awash in calls for violence, to include
>> violence against the justices of the Court.
>>

>> https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1521588874077609984?s=20&t=ePcwLxjVl0p9hGb0go8QWg
>>

>> On the other hand, none of those people could bust a grape in a fruit
>> fight,
>> so maybe it's not all that bad.
>>

> It's amazing how agitated so many people get about abortion. If the
> "right" to an abortion were overturned at the federal level - and even
> the state and local level as well - it would NOT mean every woman has to
> give birth to babies! But it WOULD encourage women (who are capable of
> getting pregnant) to use birth control or to get their lovers to use
> birth control. That does not seem like the most horrible of things. In
> fact it would prevent conceiving unwanted children and the murdering of
> those children by women/parents who couldn't be bothered to use birth
> control. That actually seems like a positive thing to me!
>
> And yes, I acknowledge that some pregnancies are the result of failed
> birth control. That would clearly require some kind of special
> consideration as would cases of rape where the woman was precluded the
> option to use birth control and the rapist chose not to use it.
>
> The way I see it, MOST of the pro-abortion crowd doesn't want to give up
> their option of having unprotected intercourse and then aborting any
> babies that result from that.

You're not quite right on a couple of points. The 'pro-abortion' people
do use contraception, because abortion is a piss poor method of birth
control and they realize that. Also most of the anti-abortion group is
opposed to contraception, seeing it as another form of abortion. Oh, and
women who conceive after a rape deserve it because they brought it on
themselves.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<t4spuo$1j0h$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142343&group=rec.arts.tv#142343

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 19:55:21 -0700
<atropos-EAF09B.11243103052022@news.giganews.com> <t4rvnu$uob$3@solani.org>
<atropos-891E87.13423303052022@news.giganews.com> <t4s60b$123p$1@solani.org>
<atropos-C6A2A9.15003703052022@news.giganews.com> <t4sf89$1cvh$1@solani.org>
<qKmdnURE0faoTez_nZ2dnUU7-YHNnZ2d@giganews.com>
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 4 May 2022 02:55 UTC

On 5/3/2022 6:00 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> But that isn't what they were saying. They were pointing to violent
>>> riots and burning cityscapes and saying *those* were peaceful protests.
>>>
>> Only a few of them were violent mobs.
>
> Absolutely false. There was violence in pretty much every major city across
> the nation.

That's still just a few cities. There were plenty of larger, though not
major cities with peaceful demonstrations. Or do only those with a
couple million in population not count?

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<t4tddt$k67$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142348&group=rec.arts.tv#142348

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 04:27:41 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 4 May 2022 08:27 UTC

On 2022-05-03 7:58 PM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 5/3/2022 4:21 PM, Rhino wrote:

>>> Leftist social media is already awash in calls for violence, to include
>>> violence against the justices of the Court.
>>>

>>> https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1521588874077609984?s=20&t=ePcwLxjVl0p9hGb0go8QWg
>>>

>>> On the other hand, none of those people could bust a grape in a fruit
>>> fight,
>>> so maybe it's not all that bad.
>>>

>> It's amazing how agitated so many people get about abortion. If the
>> "right" to an abortion were overturned at the federal level - and even
>> the state and local level as well - it would NOT mean every woman has
>> to give birth to babies! But it WOULD encourage women (who are capable
>> of getting pregnant) to use birth control or to get their lovers to
>> use birth control. That does not seem like the most horrible of
>> things. In fact it would prevent conceiving unwanted children and the
>> murdering of those children by women/parents who couldn't be bothered
>> to use birth control. That actually seems like a positive thing to me!
>>
>> And yes, I acknowledge that some pregnancies are the result of failed
>> birth control. That would clearly require some kind of special
>> consideration as would cases of rape where the woman was precluded the
>> option to use birth control and the rapist chose not to use it.
>>
>> The way I see it, MOST of the pro-abortion crowd doesn't want to give
>> up their option of having unprotected intercourse and then aborting
>> any babies that result from that.
>
> You're not quite right on a couple of points. The 'pro-abortion' people
> do use contraception, because abortion is a piss poor method of birth
> control and they realize that.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<t4tdsq$o22$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142349&group=rec.arts.tv#142349

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 04:35:36 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 4 May 2022 08:35 UTC

On 2022-05-04 3:51 AM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> Rhino
>>
>> The way I see it, MOST of the pro-abortion crowd doesn't want to give up
>> their option of having unprotected intercourse and then aborting any
>> babies that result from that.
>
> Do you think women want (or in fact enjoy) getting abortions?

I have no idea how women feel about getting abortions but I read an
article that I've cited elsewhere in this thread in which a young woman
said she was at the clinic for her THIRD abortion and said it was no big
deal. Clearly, *some* women - and I can't begin to quantify that any
further - have no major problem with it.

> It’s none of the government’s business and as the Left/Dems keep pointing
> out, the anti-abortion crowd isn’t really interested in the “right to life” as they
> don’t give a shit about what kinda life that kid might have with a single mother
> who didn’t want the kid, they’re just looking to impose righteous punishment
> on those who don’t have the same religious views as them.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/Xq8BJQ4C/Single-Moms.png
> https://ibb.co/2hxS0c7

I agree that every child should be wanted. It seems to me that if women
don't want to get pregnant, they need to use birth control and/or refuse
to have sex with men who won't use birth control. I realize that is
easier to propose than accomplish but that seems like the only sensible
way to proceed....

--
Rhino

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<t4tru9$ql5$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142350&group=rec.arts.tv#142350

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 08:35:20 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 4 May 2022 12:35 UTC

On 2022-05-04 5:19 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Wed, 4 May 2022 04:35:36 -0400, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> Do you think women want (or in fact enjoy) getting abortions?
>>>
>> I have no idea how women feel about getting abortions but I read an
>> article that I've cited elsewhere in this thread in which a young woman
>> said she was at the clinic for her THIRD abortion and said it was no big
>> deal. Clearly, *some* women - and I can't begin to quantify that any
>> further - have no major problem with it.
>
> She could be among those who believe that contraception shouldn't be
> used and so ends up with unwanted pregnancies (because abstinence is
> also something that shouldn't be used.)
>

>>> It’s none of the government’s business and as the Left/Dems keep pointing
>>> out, the anti-abortion crowd isn’t really interested in the “right to life” as they
>>> don’t give a shit about what kinda life that kid might have with a single mother
>>> who didn’t want the kid, they’re just looking to impose righteous punishment
>>> on those who don’t have the same religious views as them.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/Xq8BJQ4C/Single-Moms.png
>>> https://ibb.co/2hxS0c7
>>
>> I agree that every child should be wanted. It seems to me that if women
>> don't want to get pregnant, they need to use birth control and/or refuse
>> to have sex with men who won't use birth control. I realize that is
>> easier to propose than accomplish but that seems like the only sensible
>> way to proceed....
>
> Of course people that don't want kids should use proper protection but
> the reality is that the protection isn't 100% and some people just
> don't prepare or think of the potential consequences of having sex,
> especially among the younger crowd. Are we going to now force those
> women to carry the unwanted child to term?

I have never met a woman oblivious enough to reality that she genuinely
didn't know she could get pregnant if she had sex without using birth
control (or insisting that her lover does). Have you?

I'm not saying that such a person couldn't exist but I suspect they are
rarer than generally believed. Sometimes it seems that the numbers of
such women are exaggerated to justify abortions....

--
Rhino

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<8QvcK.983631$aT3.808762@fx09.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142353&group=rec.arts.tv#142353

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 10:11:14 -0400
 by: moviePig - Wed, 4 May 2022 14:11 UTC

On 5/4/2022 3:51 AM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> Rhino
>>
>> The way I see it, MOST of the pro-abortion crowd doesn't want to give up
>> their option of having unprotected intercourse and then aborting any
>> babies that result from that.
>
> Do you think women want (or in fact enjoy) getting abortions?
>
> It’s none of the government’s business and as the Left/Dems keep pointing
> out, the anti-abortion crowd isn’t really interested in the “right to life” as they
> don’t give a shit about what kinda life that kid might have with a single mother
> who didn’t want the kid, they’re just looking to impose righteous punishment
> on those who don’t have the same religious views as them.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/Xq8BJQ4C/Single-Moms.png
> https://ibb.co/2hxS0c7

The Inquisition is alive and well...

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<t4u77g$2fh3$2@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142358&group=rec.arts.tv#142358

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 08:48:01 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 4 May 2022 15:48 UTC

On 5/4/2022 8:36 AM, shawn wrote:

>>> Do you think women want (or in fact enjoy) getting abortions?
>>>
>>> It’s none of the government’s business and as the Left/Dems keep pointing
>>> out, the anti-abortion crowd isn’t really interested in the “right to life” as they
>>> don’t give a shit about what kinda life that kid might have with a single mother
>>> who didn’t want the kid, they’re just looking to impose righteous punishment
>>> on those who don’t have the same religious views as them.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/Xq8BJQ4C/Single-Moms.png
>>> https://ibb.co/2hxS0c7
>>>
>> Also, if abortions are banned, women will still seek them out, and many
>> may die because of inept practitioners. So where's their 'right to life'?
>
> They have their right to risk their life if that is their choice.
> Though truthfully most probably won't be risking their life as most
> will likely have enough money to be able to travel to a state that
> does allow abortions (assuming it never becomes a federal ban.) The
> issue is for those that can't travel to another to state that allows
> abortions. Those are the people that are going to have it the roughest
> as if they can't afford to travel for the abortion then there is no
> way they can afford to care for the child or likely even care for
> themselves while pregnant. Which likely means they will be
> malnourished while pregnant which is going to impact the growth of the
> fetus and may end up leading to a new born that will need permanent
> medical care, but since it isn't the problem of the people who are
> pushing for the abolition of abortion it doesn't matter.

As the abolishers cut medical and nutrition programs for all.

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<t4u8eu$7oc$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142360&group=rec.arts.tv#142360

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 12:09:02 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 4 May 2022 16:09 UTC

On 2022-05-04 9:05 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>>> . . .
>
>> I have never met a woman oblivious enough to reality that she genuinely
>> didn't know she could get pregnant if she had sex without using birth
>> control (or insisting that her lover does). Have you?
>
>> I'm not saying that such a person couldn't exist but I suspect they are
>> rarer than generally believed. Sometimes it seems that the numbers of
>> such women are exaggerated to justify abortions....
>
> No, that delusional women don't exist is exactly what you are saying,

I know very well that delusional women exist: I've seen clips of AOC,
Trigglypuff, and many of the denizens of LibsOfTikTok. I just think the
number of women who don't realize that sex without birth control can
lead to babies is a lot less than people tend to believe.

> and that all of anim's female acquaintances have been fictional...

Whoa! Where did *that* come from? And for the record, I've conversed
(briefly) with at least one of them right on the newsgroup (or maybe it
was on Facebook when I briefly tried the r.a.t. group there), namely
Peach. If she's not real, she's an incredible simulation.... :-)

--
Rhino

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<t4u9i9$2ham$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142362&group=rec.arts.tv#142362

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 09:27:53 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 4 May 2022 16:27 UTC

On 5/4/2022 9:09 AM, Rhino wrote:

>>> I have never met a woman oblivious enough to reality that she genuinely
>>> didn't know she could get pregnant if she had sex without using birth
>>> control (or insisting that her lover does). Have you?
>>
>>> I'm not saying that such a person couldn't exist but I suspect they are
>>> rarer than generally believed. Sometimes it seems that the numbers of
>>> such women are exaggerated to justify abortions....
>>
>> No, that delusional women don't exist is exactly what you are saying,
>
> I know very well that delusional women exist: I've seen clips of AOC,
> Trigglypuff, and many of the denizens of LibsOfTikTok. I just think the
> number of women who don't realize that sex without birth control can
> lead to babies is a lot less than people tend to believe.
>
>> and that all of anim's female acquaintances have been fictional...
>
> Whoa! Where did *that* come from? And for the record, I've conversed
> (briefly) with at least one of them right on the newsgroup (or maybe it
> was on Facebook when I briefly tried the r.a.t. group there), namely
> Peach. If she's not real, she's an incredible simulation.... :-)

But she's a friend, not a former gf.

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<t4uks0$2gav$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142364&group=rec.arts.tv#142364

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 12:40:48 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 4 May 2022 19:40 UTC

On 5/4/2022 12:10 PM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> Rhino
>>> Ed Stasiak
>>>
>>> Do you think women want (or in fact enjoy) getting abortions?
>>
>> I have no idea how women feel about getting abortions but I read an
>> article that I've cited elsewhere in this thread in which a young woman
>> said she was at the clinic for her THIRD abortion and said it was no big
>> deal. Clearly, *some* women - and I can't begin to quantify that any
>> further - have no major problem with it.
>
> I remember reading somewhere that Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac
> admitted to having half a dozen or more abortions but even so, it’s
> still none of the government’s business.
>
>>> It’s none of the government’s business and as the Left/Dems keep pointing
>>> out, the anti-abortion crowd isn’t really interested in the “right to life” as they
>>> don’t give a shit about what kinda life that kid might have with a single mother
>>> who didn’t want the kid, they’re just looking to impose righteous punishment
>>> on those who don’t have the same religious views as them.
>>
>> I agree that every child should be wanted. It seems to me that if women
>> don't want to get pregnant, they need to use birth control and/or refuse
>> to have sex with men who won't use birth control. I realize that is easier
>> to propose than accomplish but that seems like the only sensible way
>> to proceed....
>
> No, the most sensible way is for the government to mind it’s own business
> because sometimes in the heat of the moment, even the most conscientious
> woman might make a mistake and shouldn’t be saddled with a kid she (and
> the guy) doesn’t want.
>
> Then tax payers get saddled with 18 years of forking out welfare payments
> to help raise the kid and then get saddled with paying for X years of prison,
> when the kid becomes an adult hoodlum because he was raised by a single
> mom who never wanted him.

Ed, I actually agree with you on something!

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<t4uqo5$rod$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142370&group=rec.arts.tv#142370

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 17:21:07 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 4 May 2022 21:21 UTC

On 2022-05-04 12:27 PM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 5/4/2022 9:09 AM, Rhino wrote:

>>> No, that delusional women don't exist is exactly what you are saying,
>>
>> I know very well that delusional women exist: I've seen clips of AOC,
>> Trigglypuff, and many of the denizens of LibsOfTikTok. I just think
>> the number of women who don't realize that sex without birth control
>> can lead to babies is a lot less than people tend to believe.
>>
>>> and that all of anim's female acquaintances have been fictional...
>>
>> Whoa! Where did *that* come from? And for the record, I've conversed
>> (briefly) with at least one of them right on the newsgroup (or maybe
>> it was on Facebook when I briefly tried the r.a.t. group there),
>> namely Peach. If she's not real, she's an incredible simulation.... :-)
>>
> But she's a friend, not a former gf.

When Adam used the term "female acquaintance", I did not know he was
implying girlfriends. I assumed he meant any female who knew his name ;-)

--
Rhino

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<raRcK.1135$oqp1.234@fx42.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142385&group=rec.arts.tv#142385

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 10:28:36 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 5 May 2022 14:28 UTC

On 5/4/2022 10:37 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <gt167h1llhh64f28d7b4gk081pp5862g3c@4ax.com>, The Horny Goat
> <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 4 May 2022 20:32:10 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
>> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> On tv, we constantly see unwanted pregnancies on medical shows.
>>
>> Obviously you are bright enough not to turn to medical shows on TV for
>> your health and medical facts.
>

> There are young people who are convinced that you can't get pregnant
> your first time. This nonsense has been believed for generations.

For that one in particular, there must be a better word than 'belief'.
Meanwhile, it does help explain the generations...

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<nS%cK.43$t72a.32@fx10.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142396&group=rec.arts.tv#142396

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 22:38:10 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 6 May 2022 02:38 UTC

On 5/5/2022 6:54 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On May 3, 2022 at 3:12:54 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/3/2022 6:02 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Is this Roe thing a reason to riot or a reason to hoard toilet paper?
>>> It's getting hard to keep track.
>>
>> Women should stock toilet paper, since their rights are turning to shit.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kcudkv8edpkonf/Jessica.png?dl=0

Off by a couple of words:

"If you ban abortions, women will *be forced* to get them illegally."

Re: Leaked: Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

<fj0dK.1890$RWva.1466@fx96.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142397&group=rec.arts.tv#142397

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 23:08:58 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 6 May 2022 03:08 UTC

On 5/5/2022 10:57 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On May 5, 2022 at 7:38:10 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kcudkv8edpkonf/Jessica.png?dl=0
>>
>> Off by a couple of words:
>>
>> "If you ban abortions, women will *be forced* to get them illegally."
>
> "If you ban guns, gun owners will be forced to keep them illegally."

Whether each instance justifies the use of 'forced' depends on what gun
each instance holds to the person's head.