From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Tom Swift trailer
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 07:33:14 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 4 May 2022 14:33 UTC

On 5/4/2022 7:18 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> https://youtu.be/3cWOdQ0VqDI
>>
>> https://www.nerdsandbeyond.com/2022/05/01/tom-swift-images-released-for-season-1-episode-1-and-the-liftoff-to-saturn/
>>
>> https://www.cinelinx.com/movie-news/tv/the-first-look-at-nancy-drew-spinoff-tom-swift-is-here/
>>
>> SERIES PREMIERE – As an exceptionally brilliant inventor with unlimited
>> resources and unimaginable wealth, the devilishly charming TOM SWIFT (Tian
>> Richards) is a man who many men would kill to be, or be with – a man with
>> the world in the palm of his hand. But that world gets shaken to its core
>> after the shocking disappearance of his father, thrusting Tom into a
>> breathtaking adventure full of mysterious conspiracies and unexplained
>> phenomena. On his whirlwind quest to unravel the truth, Tom finds himself
>> fighting to stay one step ahead of an Illuminati-scale cabal hellbent on
>> stopping him. Anton Cropper directed the episode written by Melinda Hsu
>> Taylor & Noga Landau & Cameron Johnson (#101). Original airdate 5/31/2022.
>>
>> Barton’s space ship blows up
>>
>> Funeral for Barton
>>
>> Road Back goons kill guard
>>
>> Rowan saves Tom from being caught by the guards at Windsor Tech
>>
>> Barton’s video message about the capsule pieces to Tom
>>
>> Eskol/Road Back hacked Barclay. They’re watching Tom and Zenzie on the
>> plane. Rowan is affiliated with the Road Back
>>
>> Every episode of TOM SWIFT will be available to stream on The CW App and
>> CWTV.com the day after broadcast for free and without a subscription,
>> log-in or authentication required.
>>

> This looks wildly better than the pilot episode on the CW Nancy Drew teen
> slut. This guy is actually inventing stuff. For god sake‘s his fathers
> built a spaceship to Saturn! Tom himself is making a beeline for Uranus. I
> am not dreading this nearly as much as I was although I was hoping to get
> completely free of The CW.
>
> The CW must die.

I watched the YouTube trailer. Didn't see anything to indicate any of
the show was going to involve space travel. The spaceship to Saturn bit
looked like a corporate "we're going to do this" PR piece, not something
that had actually been done.

If it had looked like they were going off-planet I would consider
checking the show out but based on what I saw, nope.

dirty old man.