186,000 Miles per Second. It's not just a good idea. IT'S THE LAW.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: CNN: HAHAHA! Abortion, now the liars want to call a spade, a spade!!!

SubjectAuthor
* Re: CNN: HAHAHA! Abortion, now the liars want to call a spade, amoviePig
`* Re: CNN: HAHAHA! Abortion, now the liars want to call a spade, amoviePig
 `* Re: CNN: HAHAHA! Abortion, now the liars want to call a spade, amoviePig
  `* Re: CNN: HAHAHA! Abortion, now the liars want to call a spade, asuzeeq
   +- Re: CNN: HAHAHA! Abortion, now the liars want to call a spade, amoviePig
   `* Re: CNN: HAHAHA! Abortion, now the liars want to call a spade, asuzeeq
    `- Re: CNN: HAHAHA! Abortion, now the liars want to call a spade, asuzeeq

1
Re: CNN: HAHAHA! Abortion, now the liars want to call a spade, a spade!!!

<IpxcK.828360$oF2.15810@fx10.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142359&group=rec.arts.tv#142359

Subject: Re: CNN: HAHAHA! Abortion, now the liars want to call a spade, a
spade!!!
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 11:59:35 -0400
 by: moviePig - Wed, 4 May 2022 15:59 UTC

On 5/4/2022 10:35 AM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 5/4/2022 5:59 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

>>> So is "pro choice" the point being that it's better to be thought PRO
>>> something than anti.
>>
>> Yes, H.G. It's lousy propoganda, having started out as "pro abortion",
>> and eventually became "family planning". No one disagreed with Rich's
>> observation that it was euphamistic.
>>
>> The point was that Rich deliberately ignored that the phrase "pro life"
>> is rhetoric and those who say it are huge hypocrites given that they
>> oppose welfare for mother and child after birth.
>>
> [To] add [to] the hypocrisy, the pro lifers are usually pro death penalty
> too.

Yes. Fundamentally, they act in imagined concert with a vengeful God
who's pissed that you choose not to follow His Commandments...

Re: CNN: HAHAHA! Abortion, now the liars want to call a spade, a spade!!!

<SsBcK.708549$LN2.676179@fx13.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142369&group=rec.arts.tv#142369

spade!!!
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 16:36:01 -0400
 by: moviePig - Wed, 4 May 2022 20:36 UTC

On 5/4/2022 3:15 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On May 4, 2022 at 8:59:35 AM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> [To] add [to] the hypocrisy, the pro lifers are usually pro death penalty
>>> too.
>>
>> Yes. Fundamentally, they act in imagined concert with a vengeful God
>> who's pissed that you choose not to follow His Commandments...
>
> Bullshit. I'm an atheist and I support the death penalty. Some people just
> need killin'.

Never as "punishment". That's a self-debasing moralistic fantasy.

Re: CNN: HAHAHA! Abortion, now the liars want to call a spade, a spade!!!

<89CcK.696396$mF2.87982@fx11.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142371&group=rec.arts.tv#142371

spade!!!
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 17:23:14 -0400
 by: moviePig - Wed, 4 May 2022 21:23 UTC

On 5/4/2022 5:06 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <SsBcK.708549$LN2.676179@fx13.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> Bullshit. I'm an atheist and I support the death penalty. Some people just
>>> need killin'.
>>
>> Never as "punishment".
>
> More like to put them out of our misery.

Perhaps, if it's an instance of overwhelming practicality. But calling
it any sort of "just compensation" for its typical crimes is a bill of
goods someone's selling. (I would, however, give any wronged survivors
the option of throwing the switch if one's to be thrown -- even though
I'd hope they choose not to.)

Re: CNN: HAHAHA! Abortion, now the liars want to call a spade, a spade!!!

<t4v4p6$31cp$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142376&group=rec.arts.tv#142376

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
spade!!!
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 17:12:23 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 5 May 2022 00:12 UTC

On 5/4/2022 4:08 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:

>>> More like to put them out of our misery.
>
> More to prevent recidivism and to discourage anyone else who might
> think to do likewise.

Has that ever really discouraged anyone?

Re: CNN: HAHAHA! Abortion, now the liars want to call a spade, a spade!!!

<WNGcK.708160$7F2.161884@fx12.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142378&group=rec.arts.tv#142378

spade!!!
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 22:39:49 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 5 May 2022 02:39 UTC

On 5/4/2022 8:12 PM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 5/4/2022 4:08 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:

>> More to prevent recidivism and to discourage anyone else who might
>> think to do likewise.
>>
> Has that ever really discouraged anyone?

No, not in any million years that I'm able to imagine.

Rather, it's all about the satisfying feeling that we personally gave
the scum what he deserved. (And that's how it demeans us.)

Re: CNN: HAHAHA! Abortion, now the liars want to call a spade, a spade!!!

<t4vl61$39q0$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142381&group=rec.arts.tv#142381

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
spade!!!
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 21:52:17 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 5 May 2022 04:52 UTC

On 5/4/2022 8:48 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> Has that ever really discouraged anyone?
>>
>> They won't kill again, that's for sure.
>>

> Exactly. Why does it need to discourage anyone but the guy being executed?

Because he serves as an example.

Re: CNN: HAHAHA! Abortion, now the liars want to call a spade, a spade!!!

<t50pkt$3ndd$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142387&group=rec.arts.tv#142387

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
spade!!!
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 08:14:37 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 5 May 2022 15:14 UTC

On 5/5/2022 6:08 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> Exactly. Why does it need to discourage anyone but the guy being executed?
>
>> Because he serves as an example.
>
> To a would-be murderer? Neither do long prison sentences. If it's
> premeditated, the criminal believes he can get away with murder and has
> not been deterred by either the possible long prison sentence or the
> sentence of execution. If the murder is a crime of passion or the result
> of criminally reckless behavior, he isn't thinking of the consequences
> in any way.
>
> I agree with your earlier statement that the possible sentence won't
> deter the crime but not that carrying out the sentence -- long prison
> term or execution -- serves as an example.
>
> It doesn't work like that.

I thought that's what it was supposed to be.