From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: That 90s Show
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 08:46:45 -0400
 by: Rhino - Thu, 5 May 2022 12:46 UTC

On 2022-05-04 9:44 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>> It seems that most of the actors from That 70s Show will be putting in
>> an appearance in the spinoff that stars Red, Kitty, and Eric and Donna's
>> daughter Leia. I didn't notice any mention of this in Robin's news posts
>> - maybe I just missed one? - so I thought I should mention it here:
>>

> Robin posted this October 8, 2021
>
> https://deadline.com/2021/10/that-70s-show-spinoff-that-90s-show-kurtwood-smith-debra-jo-rupp-netflix-1234852870/

So I *did* miss a post ;-)

>> https://globalnews.ca/news/8803450/that-70s-show-sequel-that-90s-show/
>>
>> Since Kurtwood Smith and Debra Jo Rupp - Red and Kitty - are executive
>> producers of this sequel, it sounds like they called in a favour and the
>> familiar characters will only be back to help launch the new show. But
>> maybe I'm wrong and they will be a substantial and regular presence....
>>
>> Still, I enjoyed That 70s Show so I'll check this out just for nostalgia
>> sake.
>>
>> Does anyone know when this will air? The brilliant journalists at Global
>> TV didn't bother to mention that so I don't know if it will air next
>> week or next year....

Does anyone have any idea when this will start on Netflix?

--
Rhino

Re: That 90s Show

<t50nqk$4eh$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142386&group=rec.arts.tv#142386

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 10:43:27 -0400
 by: Rhino - Thu, 5 May 2022 14:43 UTC

On 2022-05-05 10:31 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>>>>

>>> Robin posted this October 8, 2021
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2021/10/that-70s-show-spinoff-that-90s-show-kurtwood-smith-debra-jo-rupp-netflix-1234852870/
>>>
>> So I *did* miss a post ;-)
>>>

> I’m not sure. I don’t have a useful way of searching old USENET posts but
> Robin post them to my Facebook rat page as well and I was able to search it
> there.

I won't claim to have read each and every one of her "news" posts; I
feel sure I've missed some and this just confirms it.

>> Does anyone have any idea when this will start on Netflix?
>
> I wasn’t able to find any other information on it at all.

With a bit of luck, I'll see someone here mention it when it finally
starts. That's hit or miss though, which is why I thought I'd ask here.
Maybe I'll be lucky and someone will ping me when it drops....

--
Rhino

Re: That 90s Show

<t50tma$lvg$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142388&group=rec.arts.tv#142388

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 12:23:37 -0400
 by: Rhino - Thu, 5 May 2022 16:23 UTC

On 2022-05-05 11:19 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> I’m not sure. I don’t have a useful way of searching old USENET posts but
>>> Robin post them to my Facebook rat page as well and I was able to search it
>>> there.
>>>
>> I won't claim to have read each and every one of her "news" posts; I
>> feel sure I've missed some and this just confirms it.

>>> I wasn’t able to find any other information on it at all.
>>>

>> With a bit of luck, I'll see someone here mention it when it finally
>> starts. That's hit or miss though, which is why I thought I'd ask here.
>> Maybe I'll be lucky and someone will ping me when it drops....
>>>

> Try adding red Forman to your favorites
>
> https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001748/
>
> Or the show itself, although this information seems pretty speculative
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15591076/

How would either step clue me into when Netflix "dropped" the season?

--
Rhino

Re: That 90s Show

<t51nq3$ho$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142394&group=rec.arts.tv#142394

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 19:49:23 -0400
 by: Rhino - Thu, 5 May 2022 23:49 UTC

On 2022-05-05 1:25 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> Try adding red Forman to your favorites
>>>
>>> https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001748/
>>>
>>> Or the show itself, although this information seems pretty speculative
>>>
>>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15591076/
>>>
>> How would either step clue me into when Netflix "dropped" the season?
>>

> You can check in yourself and it will tell you or you can sign up for email
> alerts

Thanks for that: I didn't realize I could do that. You're referring to
the Watchlist, right?

--
Rhino

Re: That 90s Show

<t51nrn$ho$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142395&group=rec.arts.tv#142395

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 19:50:15 -0400
 by: Rhino - Thu, 5 May 2022 23:50 UTC

On 2022-05-05 1:25 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> Try adding red Forman to your favorites
>>>
>>> https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001748/
>>>
>>> Or the show itself, although this information seems pretty speculative
>>>
>>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15591076/
>>>
>> How would either step clue me into when Netflix "dropped" the season?
>>

> You can also set a reminder within the Netflix itself. Do a search for the
> show and it will give you that option.

I'd have to *have* Netflix first ;-)

--
Rhino

Re: That 90s Show

<t52kjj$lj5$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142400&group=rec.arts.tv#142400

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 04:00:48 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 6 May 2022 08:00 UTC

On 2022-05-05 9:23 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> You can also set a reminder within the Netflix itself. Do a search for the
>>> show and it will give you that option.
>>>

>> I'd have to *have* Netflix first ;-)
>>

> I’m not entirely sure that’s true. You might be able to use the watchlist
> from the app without being a current subscriber.

I've already signed up for the IMDB watchlist so I'll give that a try
first. If that fails, I may hear about the first season having started
by word of mouth some other way. Even if I don't hear about it for
months after it starts, I can find it. And even if I forget all about it
and never see it, it's far from the end of the world.

--
Rhino