From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: May the fourth..
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 18:25:45 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 5 May 2022 01:25 UTC

On 5/4/2022 2:11 PM, Pete wrote:
> ...be with you! [Well, someone had to do it! (:-))]
>
> Anyway, to celebrate the day, the Science Museum in London
> just emailed me a blurb about their upcoming Science Fiction
> Exhibition (which looks rather good!) that included this link
> to a fairly in-depth discussion of how a light-saber might
> actually work...
>
> https://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/objects-and-stories/science-lightsabers
>
> There's even a sub-link to a build of a 'working' light-saber there.
> OK -- it's propane-powered but it's a 4000º 'blade' that can cut through
> steel. Looks like a light-saber, too
>
> -- Pete --

https://xkcd.com/2612/

dirty old man.

Re: May the fourth..

<t4vioa$tnc$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142380&group=rec.arts.tv#142380

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 21:10:53 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 5 May 2022 04:10 UTC

On 5/4/2022 8:48 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>> On 5/4/2022 2:11 PM, Pete wrote:
>>> ...be with you! [Well, someone had to do it! (:-))]
>>>
>>> Anyway, to celebrate the day, the Science Museum in London
>>> just emailed me a blurb about their upcoming Science Fiction
>>> Exhibition (which looks rather good!) that included this link
>>> to a fairly in-depth discussion of how a light-saber might
>>> actually work...
>>>
>>> https://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/objects-and-stories/science-lightsabers
>>>
>>> There's even a sub-link to a build of a 'working' light-saber there.
>>> OK -- it's propane-powered but it's a 4000º 'blade' that can cut through
>>> steel. Looks like a light-saber, too
>>>
>>> -- Pete --
>>>
>> https://xkcd.com/2612/
>>

> Lol
>
> Plus, no porn!

I thought it was time to deprive you of your love life. :P

dirty old man.

Re: May the fourth..

<t51501$3ve1$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142393&group=rec.arts.tv#142393

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 11:28:15 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 5 May 2022 18:28 UTC

On 5/5/2022 10:35 AM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Wed, 4 May 2022 22:20:12 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I have all these recent widows chasing me now. And married women wanting me
>> to take them to our high school reunion because their husbands said no.
>> This is a love life I will happily be deprived of.
>
> As a recent widower I have not met any of these - but then I am
> determined that whether I subsequently have a love life or not I am
> determined my kids will get my house some day as I will never do to
> them what my father did to my brother and I.
>
> (She married him, lived with him for 3 years, put him in a home where
> he died 3 years later and she got nearly everything after she had had
> him ruled incompetent so he couldn't change his will...which she of
> course was present at the signing to know what it said.)

Sounds like what happend to my ex-husband's father. About the same time
my MIL died, his favorite uncle did too, so he was executor for both. He
met a gold digger a few weeks later who convinced him to marry her and
when he died from cancer less than a year after his late wife died, she
got everything. She'd even got him to change the names on the deed to
the house, though not the car as he'd never got around to changing the
titie.

Re: May the fourth..

<t5272j$sfd$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142399&group=rec.arts.tv#142399

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 21:09:59 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 6 May 2022 04:09 UTC

On 5/5/2022 8:25 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> suzeeq

>>> Sounds like what happend to my ex-husband's father. About the same time
>>> my MIL died, his favorite uncle did too, so he was executor for both. He
>>> met a gold digger a few weeks later who convinced him to marry her and
>>> when he died from cancer less than a year after his late wife died, she
>>> got everything. She'd even got him to change the names on the deed to
>>> the house, though not the car as he'd never got around to changing the
>>> titie.
>>
>> I worked with a guy whose dad owned a small machine shop and after
>> mom and dad got divorced, he got remarried but when dad died, instead
>> of his son getting the shop as had been the plan all along, the step-mom
>> got everything and promptly sold it all and went to Las Vegas…
>>

> As the end of my bloodline all I have to protect against is the evil
> county.

You'll be dead so what do you care? :P

dirty old man.

Re: May the fourth..

<t533hf$4nj$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142401&group=rec.arts.tv#142401

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 05:15:44 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 6 May 2022 12:15 UTC

On 5/5/2022 11:12 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> As the end of my bloodline all I have to protect against is the evil
>>> county.
>>>
>> You'll be dead so what do you care? :P
>>

> Even dead I’d hate for the county to profit. So does my bank. So did the
> lawmakers that put in the rules where you can sign something that says your
> friends get the money in your bank accounts and not the county. Now I just
> have to stop outliving everyone I know.

Stop worrying, you know Pharmacy Girl is going to end up with all of it
no matter what you do. :D

dirty old man.

Re: May the fourth..

<t53c0b$5l2a$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142403&group=rec.arts.tv#142403

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 07:40:11 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 6 May 2022 14:40 UTC

On 5/5/2022 11:12 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> As the end of my bloodline all I have to protect against is the evil
>>> county.
>>>
>> You'll be dead so what do you care? :P
>>

> Even dead I’d hate for the county to profit. So does my bank. So did the
> lawmakers that put in the rules where you can sign something that says your
> friends get the money in your bank accounts and not the county. Now I just
> have to stop outliving everyone I know.

Any relatives you like?