From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-05-05 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 11:47:52 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 6 May 2022 18:47 UTC

On 5/6/2022 8:34 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> LOVE AND MONSTERS 2020 on the prime
> This was really really good
> Seven years after an asteroid named for the marvel comics universe came
> a’clobbering, the surface of the world is uninhabitable because monsters. A
> now 24-year-old Joel, just another guy in a red jumpsuit, must travel the
> 90 miles to where his old teenage girlfriend now lives. Along the way he’ll
> find new friends and a dog and monsters.
> Smartly written, well acted, well cast (Bonus points for the incredibly
> cute Jessica Henwick from IRON FIST), very good effects for the monsters
> (there is only one shot that made me twitch), lots of subtle homages to
> other films.
> If Arthur were going to pair this with something I would suggest Harlan
> Ellison’s A BOY AND IS DOG.
> Fred Bob says “check it out!”

Wait! You actually LIKED something?!?! I gotta see that then. *type*
*type* *type* Oh, its already in my Netflix disc queue. And high
enough up that it will probably only be eight or so years before I get
to it! :P

As for what I watched, first I watched 'Battlestar Galactica: Blood and
Chrome'. A TV movie from 2012 that is a sorta prequel to the 2004
series showing William Adama's first mission. Which of course is the
most critical mission of the first war with the Cylons. Which he was
assigned to literally within 5 minutes of stepping on board Galactica
for the very first time. The rest of the movie made about that level of
sense.

Then I watched a season 2 episode of 'Starhunter Redux' as I slowly chip
away at that backlog on the DVR.

So, what did you watch?

dirty old man.