Why does a ship carry cargo and a truck carry shipments?

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-05-07 (Saturday)

SubjectAuthor
* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-05-07 (Saturday)Arthur Lipscomb
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-05-07 (Saturday)Arthur Lipscomb
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-05-07 (Saturday)Dimensional Traveler
| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-05-07 (Saturday)Arthur Lipscomb
`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-05-07 (Saturday)Dimensional Traveler

1
Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-05-07 (Saturday)

<t58t60$734$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142435&group=rec.arts.tv#142435

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-05-07 (Saturday)
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 10:03:58 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sun, 8 May 2022 17:03 UTC

On 5/8/2022 8:23 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> [...]
> fast!!), but he ends up telling Lani that TR is the one that shot him!
> TR tries to hustle Paulina out of town (to somehow get her money, and
> then kill her?!?!!), but is prevented by the last second arrival of
> Abe... This time Johnny tries to use his psychic "twin connection" to
> figure out where Demon Allie took Ciara. Ciara delivers the baby, and
> Ben arrives just after, but it looks like Demon Allie made off with the
> baby (though real Allie is now fighting The Devil for control!!).
>
> golf - I took a long nap and paid it no attention!
>
> Legacies (recorded) - "Into the Woods" (ep. #4.17). This episode wasn't
> nearly as good as the previous two, but it was still pretty good.
>   OK, yeah - I wondered why Rebecca Breeds and Luke Mitchell had such
> off-the-charts onscreen chemistry!: it turns out, they are married in
> real life!... Anyway, King of the Gods, Ken, tries to convince Aurora to
> join his cause, quasi-romancing her the whole time, and eventually Ken
> convinces Aurora to help him kill "The Tribid".
>   At the school, Lizzie and MG try to figure out how to help Ethan and
> his out-of-control powers, while Lizzie tries to find out why MG is
> still mad at her... Alaric reaches a detente with Ben, and they begin
> trying to figure out how to beat Ken.
>   The Limbo stuff ended up being disappointing, as the zillionth
> iteration of "Hope and Landon can't be together!!" In the end, Landon
> has to tell Hope to leave him behind in Limbo - it turns out that the
> Ferryman now owns Landon's contract (in perpetuity!!), but not the
> Necromancer's! so Landon can never escape Limbo!
>
> Bound by Blackmail (Lifetime) - This was actually a decent thriller,
> with an unusually good cast - Jade Harlow, Diora Baird, Taylor
> Blackwell, Monroe Cline, Tom Parker, and Coby Ryan McLaughlin (as the
> cult leader, once again!!); heck, even Ashlynn Yennie and Austin
> Highsmith pop up in this!
>   Anyway, this was a pretty decent thriller, as a woman (Harlow)
> stumbles upon a cult, after her daughter (Cline) goes off to college,
> that her former friends (Baird, Yennie) are mixed up in. Soon enough
> people start turning up dead, which prompts Harlow's character to really
> start investigating the cult and its leader (McLaughlin). Can she figure
> it all out before they get to her?!
>   There is a final twist, that is at least partly rather obvious,
> though the other part was less so.
>
> The Scorpion King (HBO Zone) - Gah!! This film is now 20 years old! So
> The Rock looks like a baby in it, and Kelly Hu (with her hair carefully
> taped to her boobs!!) is totally smokin' hot!
>   Anyway, this is a silly, but still very entertaining, sword & sorcery
> actioner, that must clock in briskly at under 90 minutes!!
>   Of the "series", this is the only one worth watching - "Scorpion King
> 2" is pretty bad (wow! I forgot Karen David is in it!!), and I don't
> think I've seen *any* of Scorpion Kings 3-5!!

I'm not sure if I've ever watched The Scorpion King all the way through
from beginning to end. I'm leaning heavily towards I haven't. Although
I'm aware of it for having really bad CGI effects. I have a "Sword and
Sorcery" movie marathon in the works, but this movie won't be on it.
The movie's I'm putting together will probably be all 80s classics with
practical effects.

I watched:

Jurassic Park (4K disc) 1993 sci-fi action movie based on the Michael
Crichton novel and directed by Steven Spielberg movie about a bunch of
scientist who were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that
they didn't stop to think if they should. They then discover the hard
way that life, uh... finds a way.

The Lost World: Jurassic Park (4K disc) 1997 cash grab sequel that's
main claim to fame is it's not as bad as the third one.

Jurassic Park III (4K disc) Mostly background noise. The best thing
about this one is it's thankfully short.

Jurassic World (4K disc) 2015 Reboot of the franchise which picks up
with the park finally up and running. Once again the scientists were so
preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to
think if they should. But instead of just bringing back extinct
dinosaurs they created new super predators. I like this one. It has
the right amount of nostalgia and action. And I particular like the
sequence with Rex Dangervest riding on a motorcycle along side a pack of
velociraptors on their way to kick some evil Dino butt.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (3D blu-ray) 2018 sequel which picks up
on the further adventures of Rex Dangervest, I mean Star-Lord, I mean
Chris Pratt. So following the most recent dino slaughter the world has
decided to once again abandon the dinosaur island. And when the volcano
on the island is set to erupt the world is OK with letting the dinos
die. But Rex Dangervest is tricked into going on a rescue mission to
save some dinosaurs that turns out to really be to send them to the evil
corporation that intends to sale them to the militaries of various evil
governments around the world. So of course Rex Dangervest and his
trusty team of sidekicks step in to save the day. This was my first
time watching this since it was in the theater. It was OK I guess. But
now that I think about it in hindsight, I'm thinking of a lot of stupid
things that went down in this movie! But whatever.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-05-07 (Saturday)

<t593a0$o5a$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142440&group=rec.arts.tv#142440

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 11:48:30 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sun, 8 May 2022 18:48 UTC

On 5/8/2022 11:07 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>> I watched:
>>

>> Jurassic Park (4K disc) 1993 sci-fi action movie based on the Michael
>> Crichton novel and directed by Steven Spielberg movie about a bunch of
>> scientist who were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that
>> they didn't stop to think if they should. They then discover the hard
>> way that life, uh... finds a way.
>>

>> The Lost World: Jurassic Park (4K disc) 1997 cash grab sequel that's
>> main claim to fame is it's not as bad as the third one.
>
> Oh, man, those are fighting words. THE LOST WORLD is worst of series, movie
> or book, no matter how you line them up.
>

>> Jurassic Park III (4K disc) Mostly background noise. The best thing
>> about this one is it's thankfully short.
>
> And wildly better than THE LOST WORLD (movie or book version)

About the only thing I like about it is they finally added pterodactyls.
The movie itself doesn't have much of a plot.

>> Jurassic World (4K disc) 2015 Reboot of the franchise which picks up
>> with the park finally up and running. Once again the scientists were so
>> preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to
>> think if they should. But instead of just bringing back extinct
>> dinosaurs they created new super predators. I like this one. It has
>> the right amount of nostalgia and action. And I particular like the
>> sequence with Rex Dangervest riding on a motorcycle along side a pack of
>> velociraptors on their way to kick some evil Dino butt.
>
> I can’t even tell them apart anymore. One of them has kids visiting the
> island and the beautiful Katie McGrath who is supposed to be babysitting
> them gets eaten and people travel in bubble cars.

That's Jurassic World. McGrath gets grabbed and carried away by a
pterodactyl, but she's dropped into water at the last minute. I think
she survived.

Another one leaves the
> island and takes place on the evil drunk Zack from Cochran‘s private
> estate. And there’s another one where the volcano is going to go off and
> they are somehow and possibly Ray skewing things too big to possibly be
> crated off. And isn’t there one with Stottlemyre in it?

That's all in Fallen Kingdom. Stottlemyre plays the lead henchman.

>> Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (3D blu-ray) 2018 sequel which picks up
>> on the further adventures of Rex Dangervest, I mean Star-Lord, I mean
>> Chris Pratt. So following the most recent dino slaughter the world has
>> decided to once again abandon the dinosaur island. And when the volcano
>> on the island is set to erupt the world is OK with letting the dinos
>> die. But Rex Dangervest is tricked into going on a rescue mission to
>> save some dinosaurs that turns out to really be to send them to the evil
>> corporation that intends to sale them to the militaries of various evil
>> governments around the world. So of course Rex Dangervest and his
>> trusty team of sidekicks step in to save the day. This was my first
>> time watching this since it was in the theater. It was OK I guess. But
>> now that I think about it in hindsight, I'm thinking of a lot of stupid
>> things that went down in this movie! But whatever.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-05-07 (Saturday)

<t59aeq$ibp$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142443&group=rec.arts.tv#142443

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 13:50:35 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 8 May 2022 20:50 UTC

On 5/8/2022 10:03 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:> But > now that I think
about it in hindsight, I'm thinking of a lot of stupid > things that
went down in this movie!  But whatever.> If that wasn't the case, it
wouldn't be a Hollywood movie!

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-05-07 (Saturday)

<t59api$kvb$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142444&group=rec.arts.tv#142444

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 13:56:18 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 8 May 2022 20:56 UTC

On 5/8/2022 11:48 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> On 5/8/2022 11:07 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> I watched:
>>>

>>> Jurassic Park (4K disc) 1993 sci-fi action movie based on the Michael
>>> Crichton novel and directed by Steven Spielberg movie about a bunch of
>>> scientist who were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that
>>> they didn't stop to think if they should.  They then discover the hard
>>> way that life, uh... finds a way.
>>>

>>> The Lost World: Jurassic Park (4K disc) 1997 cash grab sequel that's
>>> main claim to fame is it's not as bad as the third one.
>>
>> Oh, man, those are fighting words. THE LOST WORLD is worst of series,
>> movie
>> or book, no matter how you line them up.
>>

>>> Jurassic Park III (4K disc) Mostly background noise.  The best thing
>>> about this one is it's thankfully short.
>>
>> And wildly better than THE LOST WORLD (movie or book version)
>>

> About the only thing I like about it is they finally added pterodactyls.
>  The movie itself doesn't have much of a plot.
>

>>> Jurassic World (4K disc) 2015 Reboot of the franchise which picks up
>>> with the park finally up and running.  Once again the scientists were so
>>> preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to
>>> think if they should.  But instead of just bringing back extinct
>>> dinosaurs they created new super predators.  I like this one.  It has
>>> the right amount of nostalgia and action.  And I particular like the
>>> sequence with Rex Dangervest riding on a motorcycle along side a pack of
>>> velociraptors on their way to kick some evil Dino butt.
>>
>> I can’t even tell them apart anymore. One of them has kids visiting the
>> island and the beautiful Katie McGrath who is supposed to be babysitting
>> them gets eaten and people travel in bubble cars.
>

> That's Jurassic World.  McGrath gets grabbed and carried away by a
> pterodactyl, but she's dropped into water at the last minute.  I think
> she survived.

Nope. She gets eaten by the aquatic super-predator when it eats the
pterodactyl after getting dropped, dunked and picked back up a few
times. I remember there was some speculation about a significant scene
being cut that would have show her character has having done something
horrific to earn that horrific of a death.

>  Another one leaves the
>> island and takes place on the evil drunk Zack from Cochran‘s private
>> estate. And there’s another one where the volcano is going to go off and
>> they are somehow and possibly Ray skewing things too big to possibly be
>> crated off. And isn’t there one with Stottlemyre in it?
>>

> That's all in Fallen Kingdom.  Stottlemyre plays the lead henchman.
>

>>> Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (3D blu-ray) 2018 sequel which picks up
>>> on the further adventures of Rex Dangervest, I mean Star-Lord, I mean
>>> Chris Pratt.  So following the most recent dino slaughter the world has
>>> decided to once again abandon the dinosaur island.  And when the volcano
>>> on the island is set to erupt the world is OK with letting the dinos
>>> die.  But Rex Dangervest is tricked into going on a rescue mission to
>>> save some dinosaurs that turns out to really be to send them to the evil
>>> corporation that intends to sale them to the militaries of various evil
>>> governments around the world.  So of course Rex Dangervest and his
>>> trusty team of sidekicks step in to save the day.  This was my first
>>> time watching this since it was in the theater.  It was OK I guess.  But
>>> now that I think about it in hindsight, I'm thinking of a lot of stupid
>>> things that went down in this movie!  But whatever.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-05-07 (Saturday)

<t59lqe$20c$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142450&group=rec.arts.tv#142450

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 17:04:27 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Mon, 9 May 2022 00:04 UTC

On 5/8/2022 1:56 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 5/8/2022 11:48 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

>>> Oh, man, those are fighting words. THE LOST WORLD is worst of series,
>>> movie
>>> or book, no matter how you line them up.

>>> And wildly better than THE LOST WORLD (movie or book version)
>>>

>> About the only thing I like about it is they finally added
>> pterodactyls.   The movie itself doesn't have much of a plot.

>>> I can’t even tell them apart anymore. One of them has kids visiting the
>>> island and the beautiful Katie McGrath who is supposed to be babysitting
>>> them gets eaten and people travel in bubble cars.
>>

>> That's Jurassic World.  McGrath gets grabbed and carried away by a
>> pterodactyl, but she's dropped into water at the last minute.  I think
>> she survived.
>>
> Nope.  She gets eaten by the aquatic super-predator when it eats the
> pterodactyl after getting dropped, dunked and picked back up a few
> times.

I missed that! I must have looked away just for a moment and when I
looked back she had already been swallowed whole.

I remember there was some speculation about a significant scene
> being cut that would have show her character has having done something
> horrific to earn that horrific of a death.

Yeah, her character was almost a nonentity in the movie. I can see how
she might have had a much larger role that got cut.