From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-05-11 (Wednesday)
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 06:23:24 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 12 May 2022 13:23 UTC

On 5/12/2022 5:50 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-05-12 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Just soaps:
>
> DOOL - Tues' & Wed's ep's (Peacock & DVR-time-shifted). Wow - they
> weren't kidding at the end of Mon's ep! Lani just straight-up *executes*
> Ray/TR!! Like, he was absolutely not a threat to her in that moment, and

But he was threatening Paulina.

> Lani just blew him away anyway!! Annoyingly/predicatably, Paulina
> confesses to shooting Ray when Steve (Patch!) and the cops show up later
> - looks like Paulina is going to take the fall for this, 'cos if she
> doesn't Lani just wouldn't be a cop anymore: she'd be going to jail for
> decades!! Meanwhile, it looks like Abe recovered from being hit over the
> head with a baseball bat...

How convenient it was the bat was there. Did Paulina have it for
protection, or did Ray bring it with him?

>   In other storylines, Ava has a nightmare about Gwen, and then goes to
> visit Gwen in the cop shop to tell Gwen that Ava is going to bust her
> out!! Sarah's condition worsens, forcing Maggie to give Sarah Dr. Rolf's
> antidote (which may be working at the end). Gabi makes Jake an offer,
> and I can't figure out why he accepts it! EJ buries the hatchet with
> Chad, making Chad feel guilty. Kate figures out that something is amiss
> with the absent Lucas and Sami. Sonny agrees to go back to Titan.
>
> GH - NuDrew confronts Carly about stealing Nina's glass, and she admits
> the truth to him - that Harmony told Carly that Willow is Nina's
> daughter. Drew then agrees to help Carly steal a DNA sample from Willow!
> But they get caught!! Meanwhile, Michael and Willow are again total
> d*cks to Nina, and Sonny. Spencer plays along with Esme, but now seems
> to know that Esme is guilty of framing (Nu)Trina, and I think intends to
> publicly expose Esme. Lil' Lizzie brings in the medium lady to find out
> what is going on (hint: Lizzie - the "dark spirit" is *you*!!).

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-05-11 (Wednesday)

<t5jh4u$2dd$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142471&group=rec.arts.tv#142471

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 10:46:03 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Thu, 12 May 2022 17:46 UTC

On 5/12/2022 6:23 AM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 5/12/2022 5:50 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 2022-05-12 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Just soaps:
>>
>> DOOL - Tues' & Wed's ep's (Peacock & DVR-time-shifted). Wow - they
>> weren't kidding at the end of Mon's ep! Lani just straight-up
>> *executes* Ray/TR!! Like, he was absolutely not a threat to her in
>> that moment, and
>
> But he was threatening Paulina.
>
>> Lani just blew him away anyway!! Annoyingly/predicatably, Paulina
>> confesses to shooting Ray when Steve (Patch!) and the cops show up
>> later - looks like Paulina is going to take the fall for this, 'cos if
>> she doesn't Lani just wouldn't be a cop anymore: she'd be going to
>> jail for decades!! Meanwhile, it looks like Abe recovered from being
>> hit over the head with a baseball bat...
>
> How convenient it was the bat was there. Did Paulina have it for
> protection, or did Ray bring it with him?

If this show isn't careful people will begin to complain it's too
violent and needs to be slapped with an R rating like some are doing
with Multiverse of Madness.

I watched:

Firestarter: Rekindled (Peackock+) - I'm pretty sure I was Jedi
Mindtricked into watching this horrible mini series. At least the first
hour was mind numbingly bad! I was ready to gnaw my own arm off to get
away from it. But I forced myself to stick with it and it did get a
little bit more tolerable as it went. The only saving grace was Malcolm
McDowell chewing the scenery. Especially since the two leads couldn't
have less chemistry if they were made of oil and water. And for anyone
watching who wasn't a child of the 80s, just a FYI, those kids were a
straight rip off of Akira! Straight rip off!!! Only you know, not
nearly as good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ0ECP9XN9M

The Flash - "Funeral for a Friend" - Not worth discussing.

Survivor - "Battle Royale" - The only good thing I watched last night.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-05-11 (Wednesday)

<t5jlod$4m0$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142479&group=rec.arts.tv#142479

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 12:04:42 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Thu, 12 May 2022 19:04 UTC

On 5/12/2022 11:22 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>> If this show isn't careful people will begin to complain it's too
>> violent and needs to be slapped with an R rating like some are doing
>> with Multiverse of Madness.
>
> Eek!

There's a huge raging debate online over it. If you can watch people
get their faces melted off in Indiana Jones or Poltergeist then you can
watch this. Although there was a scene or two that I did find
disturbing...But hey, I *like* horror movies!

>> I watched:
>>
>> Firestarter: Rekindled (Peackock+) - I'm pretty sure I was Jedi
>> Mindtricked into watching this horrible mini series. At least the first
>> hour was mind numbingly bad! I was ready to gnaw my own arm off to get
>> away from it. But I forced myself to stick with it and it did get a
>> little bit more tolerable as it went. The only saving grace was Malcolm
>> McDowell chewing the scenery. Especially since the two leads couldn't
>> have less chemistry if they were made of oil and water.
>
> I was laughing out loud when she jumped on him. Where did that come from?
>
> So what does a crummy SD picture like that look like on your giant new
> screen?

Like a crummy SD picture blown up on a giant screen. I watched about an
hour of it on my TV and side by side it did look better on the giant
screen. But the low picture quality shows through. The giant screen
just makes it more cinematic.

> And for anyone
>> watching who wasn't a child of the 80s, just a FYI, those kids were a
>> straight rip off of Akira! Straight rip off!!! Only you know, not
>> nearly as good.
>
> The kids were the best part. Certainly they were the thing that felt the
> most like Stephen King.

True. But that's because they were ripping off Akira. I couldn't find
a clip to properly show it, but the movie Akira features several
different kids with powers. The powered kids were raised in a
government lab overseen by the military. They end up goings against a
new kid who gets powers and becomes corrupted as a result. Plus keep in
mind Akira is R-rated while the mini series was constrained by being on
basic cable so it wasn't nearly as hard core as Akira.