Just to have it is enough.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Biden and Crack Pipes

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Biden and Crack PipesmoviePig
`* Re: Biden and Crack PipesmoviePig
 `- Re: Biden and Crack PipesmoviePig

1
Re: Biden and Crack Pipes

<6CtfK.4838$x1Wf.1623@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142496&group=rec.arts.tv#142496

Subject: Re: Biden and Crack Pipes
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 10:06:57 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 13 May 2022 14:06 UTC

On 5/13/2022 6:17 AM, trotsky wrote:
> [...]
>> health-focused
>> nonprofits and government agencies-- the types of groups eligible to
>> receive
>> funding, starting this month, from the Biden administration's $30 million
>> grant program.
>>
>> None of the organizations responded to inquiries about whether they
>> applied
>> for government grants. It is not clear which organizations will
>> receive those
>> grants, nor has the administration said how it will ensure the kits
>> will not
>> contain crack pipes. The Department of Health and Human Services,
>> which will
>> oversee the Biden grant program, declined to provide a list of groups
>> that
>> have applied for funding, citing "confidentiality". The Biden
>> administration
>> is set to announce grant recipients on May 15.
>>
>> The Free Beacon's findings contradict claims from a raft of
>> fact-checkers who,
>> based on the White House's ex-post-facto denial, deemed the Free Beacon's
>> reporting false.
>>
>> A USA Today headline asking, "What's inside a safe smoking kit?"
>> answered:
>> "No, it's not a crack pipe." The outlet based its fact-check solely on
>> the
>> administration's denial and does not appear to have done any additional
>> research on safe smoking kits. The author, Michelle Shen, did not
>> respond to a
>> request for comment.
>>
>> A survey of more than two dozen harm reduction organizations found
>> that not
>> all harm reduction organizations distribute safe smoking kits, but
>> those that
>> do almost always provide crack pipes. The few that don't include crack
>> pipes
>> in their kits say they are willing to, but unable to.
>>
>> At Washington, D.C.'s Family and Medical Counseling Service, Inc., for
>> example, a member of the group's needle exchange team told the Free
>> Beacon
>> that the organization would love to offer crack pipes as part of its safe
>> smoking kit but hasn't been able to purchase them.
>>
>> "I would if I knew how," said Tyrone Pinkney, who distributes clean
>> needles
>> from a recreational vehicle and said he did not know where to buy
>> crack pipes
>> to include in the kits.
>

> Wait, so if you type "Boston" on a piece of paper and cut it out super
> crooked that means that "kit" is from "Boston" and has been distributed
> by the "Federal Govt.", right?  Because the "Washington Free Beacon" is
> a bastion of journalistic excellence and couldn't possibly lying trash,
> right?
>
> And what if was true, anyway?  You fail to mention what the supposed
> "complaint" is from right wing shitbirds.

Pretty sure that, as for most things, "Just Say No" sums it up.

Re: Biden and Crack Pipes

<FFxfK.40941$qMI1.34916@fx96.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142502&group=rec.arts.tv#142502

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 14:43:48 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 13 May 2022 18:43 UTC

On 5/13/2022 2:18 PM, trotsky wrote:
> On 5/13/2022 9:06 AM, moviePig wrote:

>>> Wait, so if you type "Boston" on a piece of paper and cut it out
>>> super crooked that means that "kit" is from "Boston" and has been
>>> distributed by the "Federal Govt.", right?  Because the "Washington
>>> Free Beacon" is a bastion of journalistic excellence and couldn't
>>> possibly lying trash, right?
>>>
>>> And what if was true, anyway?  You fail to mention what the supposed
>>> "complaint" is from right wing shitbirds.
>>
>> Pretty sure that, as for most things, "Just Say No" sums it up.
>

> No argument there.  Did you think that fake article had any validity
> whatsoever?

I dunno, I never even watched 'Reefer Madness'. But remember, my drug
stance, in general, is fully permissive of any informed adult user.

Re: Biden and Crack Pipes

<f7zfK.16283$JSxf.8653@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142506&group=rec.arts.tv#142506

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 16:23:38 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 13 May 2022 20:23 UTC

Click here to read the complete article