From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: This is What It's Like to Ride Public Transport in Garcetti's
L.A.
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 17:49:07 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 13 May 2022 21:49 UTC

On 2022-05-12 8:12 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> https://vimeo.com/701346094
>
> We're constantly getting lectures from the 'progressive' Democrats in charge
> of this city about how we need to stop driving and start using public
> transport to 'fight climate change'. Yet this is what they allow to flourish
> on our subways and buses. Not only is the Metro Board (which is made up of the
> L.A. mayor, city council and the L.A. County Board of Supervisors) singularly
> uninterested in stopping the rampant assaults, rapes, and murders, but they're
> actively facilitating it by passing resolutions opposing police presence on
> Metro platforms and vehicles.
>
> Metro sent out a survey to 20,000 customers and one of the questions was,
> "What is the one thing Metro could do to make your use of Metro services safer
> and more pleasant?" The overwhelming answer-- 90% of respondents-- was "More
> cops."
>
> So of course the 'progressive' Democrats on the Metro Board decided in the
> face of that the best idea would be to remove cops altogether from Metro
> properties and just let the thugs rule.
>
> But at the same time they want me to give up my car and ride these helltrains
> instead.

I don't need to see that a second time to be sure that I *never* want to
ride the subway in LA. (I expect the buses are no better.)

Are these incidents only happening in one or two easily-avoided portions
of the subway system or are they all over the city?

How ANYONE can still vote for "progressives" after actually living in LA
under their rule is something I will never understand....

--
Rhino

Re: This is What It's Like to Ride Public Transport in Garcetti's L.A.

<t5mo92$47a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142513&group=rec.arts.tv#142513

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
L.A.
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 19:06:06 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 13 May 2022 23:06 UTC

On 2022-05-13 6:45 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <t5mkm1$efa$1@dont-email.me>,
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> I don't need to see that a second time to be sure that I *never* want
>>> to ride the subway in LA. (I expect the buses are no better.)
>>>
>>> Are these incidents only happening in one or two easily-avoided
>>> portions of the subway system or are they all over the city?
>>
>> From what I hear, the subway system in L.A. (which is still small), is
>> pretty much unusable. Buses are also supposed to be nearly unusable for
>> various reasons. I don't know if the light rail is as bad as the subway.
>
> Years ago, during the sequester, all federal agencies were required to
> reduce spending by 30% and one of the ways my agency saved money was by
> requiring those of us with take-home G-cars to park them three days out
> of every week. We either had to drive our personal vehicles, carpool
> with someone else, be dropped off by a friend or a spouse, etc. Since we
> had a rail station literally at the foot of our office building, I
> decided to try taking the train from Redondo Beach to downtown L.A. I
> did this once. Just once. Because I was lucky to survive it. You see,
> the route from the beach to downtown traverses Watts and Compton, where
> roving bands of youts with red and blue bandanas get on and off the
> trains and terrorize people. Especially people of a lighter hue than
> themselves. When it came to be my turn, I had to take my gun out of its
> holster and cock it before they backed off and even then it was a close
> call as they calculated the odds of seven-on-one.
>
> Never again. I Uber-ed it home that evening for the return trip. And the
> politicians never want to address this simple fact of life as they come
> up with their plots to mold our commuting behavior.

It's a LOT of work to explain how these "youts" are innocent victims of
society, particularly racist white supremacists like you, so they don't
bother with it. I'm sure they'd rather think of other ways to bring
civilization to its knees by destroying every good thing there is.

--
Rhino