Dying is one of the few things that can be done as easily lying down. -- Woody Allen

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities FreakingmoviePig
+- Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities FreakingmoviePig
`- Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities FreakingmoviePig

1
Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out

<ATcbK.161510$Kdf.140632@fx96.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142257&group=rec.arts.tv#142257

Subject: Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking
Out
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
<1qjm5htlpodl6e7f0itdobd15t1hv5ti33@4ax.com> <t4jbs4$opg$1@pcls7.std.com>
<abbf1dbf-d3c2-4097-a66a-3d19f938f1b5n@googlegroups.com>
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 11:48:47 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 15:48 UTC

On 4/30/2022 11:27 AM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> Micky DuPree
>>> shawn
>>>
>>> The seat of government was stormed by a mob on Jan 6. It was bent
>>> on death and destruction. Please tell us what's FAR worse than that.
>>
>> It wasn't just a mob. It was a planned overthrow of a legitimately
>> elected government.
>
> Absolute nonsense. At no point was the government in any conceivable
> danger of being “overthrown!” by a handful of goofballs taking selfies
> in the Capitol.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/9f5sD8zz/1609977722609.jpg
> https://ibb.co/0tYv7xH

Who cares about selfie-snapping goofballs? Are you claiming there was
no planned overthrow?

Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out

<uifbK.655534$mF2.372771@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142262&group=rec.arts.tv#142262

Out
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
<c520709a-5e47-489a-86c9-f4b1736f5a6cn@googlegroups.com>
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 14:34:02 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 18:34 UTC

On 4/30/2022 12:17 PM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> moviePig
>>> Ed Stasiak
>>>
>>> Absolute nonsense. At no point was the government in any conceivable
>>> danger of being “overthrown!” by a handful of goofballs taking selfies
>>> in the Capitol.
>>
>> Who cares about selfie-snapping goofballs?
>
> Micky DuPree, the Dems and the Wall Street owned Mainstream Media,
> who would never propagate misinformation, right?…
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/R0SjBPFt/1648589712727.jpg
> https://ibb.co/Swbf5vc
>
>> Are you claiming there was no planned overthrow?
>
> If by “planned” you mean a handful of goofballs ranting on Facebook,
> then sure.
>
> But like the “plot” to kidnap Michigan governor Witless, I wouldn’t put
> it past the FBI/CIA to have engineered it via agent provocateurs, or are
> you suggesting that out of all the world’s governments throughout history,
> America is somehow immune to fraud and political shenanigans?

Apparently (iirc from Bill Maher), some of the current GOP leadership
phoned Mark Meadows on Jan. 6 to urge declaration of martial law. If
true, would you not find it disturbing?

Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out

<W%8gK.11127$pqKf.10821@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142524&group=rec.arts.tv#142524

Out
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 11:29:54 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sun, 15 May 2022 15:29 UTC

On 5/15/2022 3:36 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 5/14/2022 4:47 PM, moviePig wrote:
>> On 5/14/2022 5:25 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> All you have to do to expose the bullshit in the 'mostly peaceful' media
>>> lie is ask yourself if you honestly believe those same media outlets
>>> would describe a pro-Trump march or protest as 'mostly peaceful' if it
>>> ended up with blocks of the city on fire, dozens of stores smashed and
>>> looted, and/or several deaths.
>>
>> Yes, Trump is despicable, and it distorts people's thinking/speaking.
>

> Are you really claiming the media is distorting reporting on Trump and
> his band of beatoffs?  Derp is just regurgitating Oath Keeper talking
> points.

When I read any news about Trump, it's with the expectation of a yet
another 'Operation Asshole'. We can debate the fairness of that, but
not the fact.