I can resist anything but temptation.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Ann-Margret honorary degree from UNLV

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Ann-Margret honorary degree from UNLVRhino
+- Re: Ann-Margret honorary degree from UNLVDimensional Traveler
+* Re: Ann-Margret honorary degree from UNLVsuzeeq
|`- Re: Ann-Margret honorary degree from UNLVsuzeeq
`- Re: Ann-Margret honorary degree from UNLVDimensional Traveler

1
Re: Ann-Margret honorary degree from UNLV

<t5rrrg$kc7$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142540&group=rec.arts.tv#142540

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Ann-Margret honorary degree from UNLV
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 17:37:51 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sun, 15 May 2022 21:37 UTC

On 2022-05-15 5:07 PM, Nyssa wrote:
> Ian J. Ball wrote:
>
>> That's "Ann-Margrock" to you!!
>>

>> Ian (Will anyone get this bit?!...)
>>

> Yep, from her voice guest starring role on the Flintstones.
>
> Nyssa, who remembers Ann-Margrock singing to baby Pebbles

Looks like I owe you some ice cream :-)

--
Rhino

Re: Ann-Margret honorary degree from UNLV

<t60dfl$v35$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142549&group=rec.arts.tv#142549

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 08:03:30 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Tue, 17 May 2022 15:03 UTC

On 5/17/2022 4:45 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Geez, now I owe *you* ice cream!
>>>
>>> Nyssa, who is gonna need to start keeping score of who
>>> owes who what and how much
>>>
>> Doesn't matter, Anim hijacks all the drone shipments so the Post Office
>> will deliver them to his home.. :P
>>

> And then I pour my melted swag down the drain because if I can’t have ice
> cream none of the rest of you can either.
>
> It’s a fair cop.

I think you missed the part about who's delivering it to your mailbox. :D

dirty old man.

Re: Ann-Margret honorary degree from UNLV

<t60gkd$n58p$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142551&group=rec.arts.tv#142551

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 08:57:01 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 17 May 2022 15:57 UTC

On 5/17/2022 8:29 AM, Nyssa wrote:
> shawn wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 16 May 2022 18:02:07 -0400, Nyssa
>> <Nyssa@LogicalInsight.net> wrote:

>>> Yeah, Ben & Jerry's was the only national brand that ever
>>> had it, and then only as a seasonal flavor.
>>
>> Mayfield makes a Blueberry Cream Pie Ice Cream that I'm
>> found of. Though I'm not sure if it can be found outside
>> of the South.
>>
>>> So now I've got four of my own blueberry bushes plus a
>>> Gelato Junior ice cream machine to make my own.
>>>
>>> Only drawback is having to wait until August for the
>>> blueberries and then having to fight off the mockingbirds
>>> to get enough for myself to actually make the ice cream.
>>
>> Seems like you need more bushes so you can have enough to
>> freeze plenty for use during the rest of the year.
>>
>>> Too bad you're on the opposite coast, or I'd invite you
>>> over for some when/if I get any made this summer.
>>>
>>> Nyssa, who used to try netting over the bushes, but can't
>>> reach high enough to get 'em over the tall bushes anymore
>>
>> Do they get that tall? Only time I've ever seen blueberry
>> bushes is in pictures when they are not more than 3-4 feet
>> tall. Probably need to treat the netting like fish nets
>> and work on a proper throwing style to get it up and over
>> the bushes. ;)
>
> For a look at one of my blueberry bushes, take a wander
> over to my website and look under the In the Garden
> topic. (You can figure out the URL from my email address
> on this post.)
>
> And that picture was taken a few years ago, so it's
> even taller/bigger now.
>
> Nyssa, who has four blueberry bushes, but last year
> the mockingbirds got all but two blueberries :(

Can't you prune them back?

Re: Ann-Margret honorary degree from UNLV

<t60h52$n5jj$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142552&group=rec.arts.tv#142552

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 09:05:53 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 17 May 2022 16:05 UTC

On 5/17/2022 8:58 AM, Nyssa wrote:
> suzeeq wrote:

>>> For a look at one of my blueberry bushes, take a wander
>>> over to my website and look under the In the Garden
>>> topic. (You can figure out the URL from my email address
>>> on this post.)
>>>
>>> And that picture was taken a few years ago, so it's
>>> even taller/bigger now.
>>>
>>> Nyssa, who has four blueberry bushes, but last year
>>> the mockingbirds got all but two blueberries :(
>>>
>> Can't you prune them back?
>
> Only the dead branches. The newer ones are the ones
> that get the most blossoms and berries on 'em.
>
> Nyssa, who needs to remember to cut back a few more
> of the old dead branches

Yeah, you have to do that with raspberries too. At the end of the
season, the branches that had berries die, and you need to cut them back
so they'll make more.

Re: Ann-Margret honorary degree from UNLV

<t61fo0$4c3$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142574&group=rec.arts.tv#142574

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 17:48:15 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 18 May 2022 00:48 UTC

On 5/17/2022 5:39 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Nyssa <Nyssa@LogicalInsight.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk wrote:
>>

>>> My yard looks exactly like that! Except it?s all gravel.
>>>
>> When I'm mowing in hot and humid weather, I often wish
>> my backyard (and front) were covered with gravel. Or
>> Astroturf.
>>
>> Oh, BTW anim, if you visit the website again, don't
>> look under the In the Kitchen topic. I've got photos
>> and a recipe for peanut butter cookies there. Don't
>> want those cookies to cause your allergy to trigger.
>
> Thus endeath my dream that you’re the perfect woman.
>

>> Nyssa, who has a few packages of cream cheese in her
>> fridge, but doubts that mailing them to anim would be
>> a good idea since his mailman insists that he doesn't
>> live there
>
> That and it’s 105°F here

So its a nice cool day there today.

dirty old man.