From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Democrat's Lifeline
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 12:24:09 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 3 May 2022 19:24 UTC

On 5/3/2022 11:29 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <030520221346435754%nope@noway.com>,
> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <76c6eabd-5c34-42c1-81ad-e734b68edd93n@googlegroups.com>,
>> Irish Mike <irishranger317@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The Democrats know they can't win in the midterm elections on
>>> inflation, crime, or the border but I believe they think abortion
>>> could be their lifeline. The "leak" from the Supreme Court, that it
>>> may vote to repeal Roe vs Wade, was no accident. It came from a
>>> liberal staffer and the Democrat's midterm battle cry will be that
>>> Republicans will outlaw all abortions in America
>>
>> Which is exactly what they want to do.
>
> Even so, I'm not sure what the purpose of the leak is in the mind of
> whoever did it. The Court's opinion in the case will be officially
> released before the midterms, so the Dems will have their rally cry
> regardless. The leak was unnecessary.

I heard speclation that it might have been Justice Thomas (or his clerk)
who leaked to divert attention from the Thomas's.

Re: Democrat's Lifeline

<t60rsf$ncu4$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142557&group=rec.arts.tv#142557

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 12:09:02 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 17 May 2022 19:09 UTC

On 5/17/2022 10:52 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2022 10:28:18 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 17 May 2022 09:02:07 -0400, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>>
>>> There's nothing clear about the origins of this leak. It seems likely
>>> to me that it was a staffer, but not necessarily one who worked for
>>> Thomas. I think this leak did more harm than good.
>>
>> While I agree with you how many staffers can there be? If each justice
>> has 10 staffers (which I doubt) that's 90 suspects - how long can an
>> investigation take before the culprit is found and their career
>> terminated with extreme prejudice?
>>
>> I can't imagine on something like this that there is no shortage of
>> resources for an investigation.
>
> If the person never admits to the 'crime' it may never be solved.
> After all this is a draft opinion from February so it's been around
> for months. Likely everyone on the staff and potentially others (like
> the cleaning crew) have either seen it or had the opportunity to copy
> it.

And how many of the justices may have discussed it with their spouses?

> Going forward they may do things like watermark the versions they hand
> out to make it easier to catch someone if it happens again, but that
> doesn't help them with this 'crime.' (I mean, really, if the person
> was allowed to have it then while they may have done something that
> unethical and certainly worthy of being fired for, I can't see that
> any actual crime was committed.

Re: Democrat's Lifeline

<t612ph$nh87$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142562&group=rec.arts.tv#142562

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 14:06:57 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 17 May 2022 21:06 UTC

On 5/17/2022 12:35 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2022 12:09:02 -0700, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/17/2022 10:52 AM, shawn wrote:

>>> If the person never admits to the 'crime' it may never be solved.
>>> After all this is a draft opinion from February so it's been around
>>> for months. Likely everyone on the staff and potentially others (like
>>> the cleaning crew) have either seen it or had the opportunity to copy
>>> it.
>>>
>> And how many of the justices may have discussed it with their spouses?
>
> This goes beyond having discussed it because whomever did it actually
> released copies of the document. If they had just passed on what was
> in the document the number of potential leakers would be much larger.

I'm talking about who knew what was in the draft opinion. And may have
had access to the document.