If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Murders that Matter

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Murders that MattermoviePig
+- Re: Murders that MattermoviePig
`* Re: Murders that Mattersuzeeq
 `* Re: Murders that Mattersuzeeq
  `- Re: Murders that Mattersuzeeq

1
Re: Murders that Matter

<CK9gK.11128$pqKf.7521@fx12.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142529&group=rec.arts.tv#142529

Subject: Re: Murders that Matter
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 12:19:43 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sun, 15 May 2022 16:19 UTC

On 5/15/2022 10:44 AM, chromebook test wrote:
> On Sunday, May 15, 2022 at 10:34:59 AM UTC-4, Irish Mike wrote:
>> Chicago had 797 homicides in 2021 and the vast majority
>> of the victims were blacks that were killed by other blacks.
>> The sad truth is that black on black homicides are so common
>> that they barely get mentioned on the local news. In addition,
>> in cases of inter-racial hate crimes in America, 90% of the
>> victims are white. Also something that will never get mentioned
>> on the news.
>>
>> The truth is that when blacks are killed in homicides the only time
>> any of the black political leaders even care is if the black person
>> was killed by a cop. Or, in the rare cases like this one, where it
>> appears a white person committed the murders. And you
>> can bet that CNN & MSNBC will run this story every day until the
>> mid-term elections - and needless to say, blame it on Trump
>> & Republicans.
>>
>> That said, I sincerely hope this racist 18 year old bastard is tried
>> as an adult and found guilty of every murder he committed and
>> gets the death penalty.
>>
>> Irish Mike
>

> Domestic disputes and illicit drug sales that evolve into violence is different than targeted domestic terrorism against minorities. The Buffalo attack was planned and premeditated months in advance and was livestreamed for posterity.
>
> Americans don't need more gun control laws, America needs to read the constitution and take classes in non-violent conflict resolution and negotiation.

"Reading the Constitution" ain't gonna do much ...not when there's stark
dispute over what it says, let alone why it says it.

Re: Murders that Matter

<IldgK.192$SWc6.131@fx44.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142536&group=rec.arts.tv#142536

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 16:26:12 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sun, 15 May 2022 20:26 UTC

On 5/15/2022 1:09 PM, chromebook test wrote:
> On Sunday, May 15, 2022 at 12:19:51 PM UTC-4, moviePig wrote:

>>> Domestic disputes and illicit drug sales that evolve into violence is different than targeted domestic terrorism against minorities. The Buffalo attack was planned and premeditated months in advance and was livestreamed for posterity.
>

>>> Americans don't need more gun control laws, America needs to read the constitution and take classes in non-violent conflict resolution and negotiation.
>
>> "Reading the Constitution" ain't gonna do much ...not when there's stark
>> dispute over what it says, let alone why it says it.
>

> It is clear and near universally accepted, "That all men have the right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness"
>
> Taking another person's life unjustly is the most severe violation of American law.

But, e.g., afaics this perp claims to have been *defending* those rights
against a full frontal invasion. He may have read the Constitution more
often than either of us, and feels the Founders are smiling down at him.

Re: Murders that Matter

<t60smv$nde0$2@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142559&group=rec.arts.tv#142559

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 12:23:10 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 17 May 2022 19:23 UTC

On 5/17/2022 10:29 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <170520221320289223%nope@noway.com>,
> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <atropos-70B386.10011717052022@news.giganews.com>, BTR1701
>> <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> In article
>>> <super70s-72EFF8.05081917052022@reader02.eternal-september.org>,

>>> So you think breaking away from the country, raising an army, and
>>> attacking the remaining states, resulting in 3/4 million dead doesn't
>>> count?
>>
>> Secession wasn't an interference with the peaceful transition of power.
>
> LOL!

It wasn't. The southern states just wanted out. Not the same thing.

Re: Murders that Matter

<t612rt$nh87$2@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142563&group=rec.arts.tv#142563

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 14:08:12 -0700
<atropos-D77310.10290517052022@news.giganews.com> <t60smv$nde0$2@solani.org>
<atropos-EA5915.13014617052022@news.giganews.com>
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 17 May 2022 21:08 UTC

On 5/17/2022 1:01 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <t60smv$nde0$2@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/17/2022 10:29 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> LOL!
>>>
>> It wasn't. The southern states just wanted out. Not the same thing.
>
> Yes, considering it resulted in 750,000 dead Americans, it was a helluva
> lot worse.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if there was another civil war in a
decade or two.

Re: Murders that Matter

<t614vb$nidv$2@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142568&group=rec.arts.tv#142568

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 14:44:11 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 17 May 2022 21:44 UTC

On 5/17/2022 2:34 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On May 17, 2022 at 2:08:12 PM PDT, "suzeeq" <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> Yes, considering it resulted in 750,000 dead Americans, it was a helluva
>>> lot worse.
>>
>> I wouldn't at all be surprised if there was another civil war in a
>> decade or two.
>
> It won't be armies against armies, though.

No, militias against people.