Most people deserve each other. -- Shirley

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: CNN: Biden's bumbling FDA CAUSED the baby formula shortage

SubjectAuthor
* Re: CNN: Biden's bumbling FDA CAUSED the baby formula shortagesuzeeq
+* Re: CNN: Biden's bumbling FDA CAUSED the baby formula shortagesuzeeq
|`- Re: CNN: Biden's bumbling FDA CAUSED the baby formula shortagesuzeeq
`- Re: CNN: Biden's bumbling FDA CAUSED the baby formula shortagesuzeeq

1
Re: CNN: Biden's bumbling FDA CAUSED the baby formula shortage

<t6133v$nh87$4@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142566&group=rec.arts.tv#142566

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: CNN: Biden's bumbling FDA CAUSED the baby formula shortage
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 14:12:30 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 17 May 2022 21:12 UTC

On 5/17/2022 1:48 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>>
>>> I was actually at the store yesterday. We’re almost entirely out of milk
>>> (local and national brands) and are completely out of cream cheese (all
>>> brands) but the butter section is completely full.
>>
>> Don't make me show everyone those bagels and cream cheese photos! ;-)
>>

> That was apparently the last of the cream cheese in the local universe. The
> store didn’t have any in person (any brand, any variety), Amazon grocery
> delivery doesn’t have any, nor do either of the other delivery stores I
> use. Not even Walmart. They’re all marked “out of stock“ and have been for
> a couple weeks which is part of why I went to the store and looked in
> person.

I've been able to find the blocks of cream cheese in all the stores near
me, but not the soft version in tubs. Last week Safeway had their brand
available.

Re: CNN: Biden's bumbling FDA CAUSED the baby formula shortage

<t614sv$nidv$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142567&group=rec.arts.tv#142567

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 14:42:55 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 17 May 2022 21:42 UTC

On 5/17/2022 2:23 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2022 14:12:30 -0700, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> That was apparently the last of the cream cheese in the local universe. The
>>> store didn’t have any in person (any brand, any variety), Amazon grocery
>>> delivery doesn’t have any, nor do either of the other delivery stores I
>>> use. Not even Walmart. They’re all marked “out of stock“ and have been for
>>> a couple weeks which is part of why I went to the store and looked in
>>> person.
>>>
>> I've been able to find the blocks of cream cheese in all the stores near
>> me, but not the soft version in tubs. Last week Safeway had their brand
>> available.
>
> This week they replaced one brand of cream cheese with Tillamook
> brand. First time they had them. So it could be they couldn't get the
> old brand or maybe it just didn't sell. Still have plenty of Publix
> brand and Philadelphia brand.

Yeah, Phillie's been available, but I usually don't buy it because it's
way more expensive than store brands. They actually had the store brand
blocks on sale a couple weeks ago.

Re: CNN: Biden's bumbling FDA CAUSED the baby formula shortage

<t61dp8$nmmo$2@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142573&group=rec.arts.tv#142573

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 17:14:31 -0700
<I-2dnVVWVKtnQx__nZ2dnUU7-YvNnZ2d@giganews.com> <t5uq1b$k5n4$2@solani.org>
<t6021h$7d1$7@dont-email.me>
<1728667915.674481379.378540.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<pn878hhmag0fnkmcl1006fq9d83ml9msi0@4ax.com>
<214483040.674499043.299944.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<t60t6m$2tr$3@dont-email.me>
<397091894.674510319.493639.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<t6133v$nh87$4@solani.org>
<2059593100.674518463.170271.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 18 May 2022 00:14 UTC

On 5/17/2022 4:44 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> That was apparently the last of the cream cheese in the local universe. The
>>> store didn’t have any in person (any brand, any variety), Amazon grocery
>>> delivery doesn’t have any, nor do either of the other delivery stores I
>>> use. Not even Walmart. They’re all marked “out of stock“ and have been for
>>> a couple weeks which is part of why I went to the store and looked in
>>> person.
>>>
>> I've been able to find the blocks of cream cheese in all the stores near
>> me, but not the soft version in tubs. Last week Safeway had their brand
>> available.
>>

> We have no kind whatsoever. The entire display endcap is completely empty
> except for the little signs saying how much it would be if they had any.

Endcap? Aren't they refrigerated?

Re: CNN: Biden's bumbling FDA CAUSED the baby formula shortage

<t6330t$mkaa$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142581&group=rec.arts.tv#142581

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 08:23:08 -0700
<I-2dnVVWVKtnQx__nZ2dnUU7-YvNnZ2d@giganews.com> <t5uq1b$k5n4$2@solani.org>
<t6021h$7d1$7@dont-email.me>
<1728667915.674481379.378540.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<pn878hhmag0fnkmcl1006fq9d83ml9msi0@4ax.com>
<214483040.674499043.299944.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<t60t6m$2tr$3@dont-email.me>
<397091894.674510319.493639.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<t6133v$nh87$4@solani.org> <6f488h1fu5ggh4kfu78ji38tmrf17ga4ip@4ax.com>
<t614sv$nidv$1@solani.org> <t62q6f$iqb$1@dont-email.me>
<212056667.674572328.112290.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 18 May 2022 15:23 UTC

On 5/18/2022 7:14 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Yeah, Phillie's been available, but I usually don't buy it because it's
>>> way more expensive than store brands. They actually had the store brand
>>> blocks on sale a couple weeks ago.
>>
>> The last time I bought Phillie was BOGO at Publix. I know I haven't used the
>> 2nd brick yet. It's great when melted into spaghetti sauce.
>>

> If you’ve got the bricks you could also cut them into thin strips and use
> them in place of pasta.

They melt. But I do use it as one of the cheeses in the sauce.