From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Murders that Matter
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 21:51:12 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 18 May 2022 04:51 UTC

On 5/17/2022 7:25 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>>> Let's ignore the 750,000 Americans killed in action during the Civil War.
>
>> Not surprisingly you brought up something totally irrelevant because you
>> had nothing else, nobody ever tried to disrupt the formal counting of
>> votes for Lincoln's election and install his opponent instead.
>
> Nice backpedal
>
> We also had the Hayes-Tilden election. The current act on counting
> electoral votes was the result of that disaster.
>
> Did you pay attention at all during American history classes?

I'm sure we all did, but they didn't always go into detail about the
previous century's elections. Didn't in civics/government class either.

Re: Murders that Matter

<t6337h$mkaa$3@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142583&group=rec.arts.tv#142583

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 08:26:40 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 18 May 2022 15:26 UTC

On 5/18/2022 7:47 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> Nice backpedal
>
>>> We also had the Hayes-Tilden election. The current act on counting
>>> electoral votes was the result of that disaster.
>
>>> Did you pay attention at all during American history classes?
>
>> I'm sure we all did, but they didn't always go into detail about the
>> previous century's elections. Didn't in civics/government class either.
>
> The point is super70s made a false statement. The Hayes-Tilden election
> of 1876 is an actual example in American history in which the peaceful
> transfer of power was thwarted successfully.

Well you acted outraged because we didn't know it.

> I still say the Civil War being tangentially triggered by Republicans
> nominating Lincoln is another example, but obviously a whole lot more
> had taken place than just that.

Re: Murders that Matter

<t637in$mmrb$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142589&group=rec.arts.tv#142589

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 09:40:54 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 18 May 2022 16:40 UTC

On 5/18/2022 9:28 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> The point is super70s made a false statement. The Hayes-Tilden election
>>> of 1876 is an actual example in American history in which the peaceful
>>> transfer of power was thwarted successfully.
>
>> Well you acted outraged because we didn't know it.
>
> Huh? What did you do? It wasn't my intention to treat you like Ian by
> proxy, and I apologize.
>
> It's not possible to have a conversation with super70s, who acts like a
> seamus sock and pretends to have be ignorant of anything that happened
> before last Tuesday, which is the excuse he uses for his inability to
> put current events into any kind of context.

Okay, maybe you were addressing that guy in particular, but no, the
election of 1876 was not mentioned in either my civics nor history
class. So paying attention in class is not really the issue.