By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart. -- Confucius

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Fun With the Sierra Club

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Fun With the Sierra ClubmoviePig
+- Re: Fun With the Sierra ClubmoviePig
`* Re: Fun With the Sierra ClubmoviePig
 `* Re: Fun With the Sierra ClubmoviePig
  `- Re: Fun With the Sierra ClubmoviePig

1
Re: Fun With the Sierra Club

<mp8hK.61493$qMI1.43984@fx96.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142586&group=rec.arts.tv#142586

Subject: Re: Fun With the Sierra Club
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 11:37:54 -0400
 by: moviePig - Wed, 18 May 2022 15:37 UTC

On 5/18/2022 12:13 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> So yesterday I got a solicitation from Michelle at the L.A. Chapter of the
> Sierra Club wanting money so they could fight for the environment.
>
> "We Missed Our Goal and We Still Need Your Help" it said.
>
> It was basically a pitch to meet some goal to combat 'climate change' which is
> widespread and rapidly intensifying while fossil fuel companies are drilling
> and spilling and turning the earth into Mordor. "They're destroying our
> outdoor spaces!" blared the flier.
>
> And I'm reading this and thinking, destroying outdoor spaces? What about the
> frakking Ballona Wetlands? So I did a search and I can't find any public
> position the L.A. Sierra Club has taken on the vagrant infestation in the
> federal and state protected environmentally sensitive Ballona Wetlands.
> Nothing on the irreversible harm the vagrants are doing as they poop, piss,
> cook meth, dump garbage, needles, crack pipes, and meth byproducts into this
> sensitive ecosystem with the full blessing of the government officials who are
> charged with protecting them from this kind of destruction.
>
> This is a group that throws a fit whenever normal people try and use land for
> anything productive. Try and build a shopping center or a housing development
> and this group and others like it crawl out of the woodwork with shrieking
> protests and injunctions. But a thousand derelicts descend on *the* major
> environmental preserve in L.A. County and foul it to the point of destruction
> and what do we get from them? Crickets.
>
> So I wrote back to her:
>

> Michelle,
>
> How are you? I hope this letter finds you well.
>
> Since you've brought up the specter of the destruction of our outdoor spaces,
> I'd like to discuss the Ballona Wetlands with you. I used to bike through the
> trails in Ballona Wetlands but can no longer do so due to the massive
> encampment of vagrants there, which not only blocks any use of the public
> trails, but creates both a physical and environmental danger.
>
> Why, with all the money and political influence your organization has, do you
> allow thousands of drug-addicted and mentally ill vagrants to dump all their
> bodily waste, needles, toxic chemicals, and garbage into the wetlands?
>
> I'll await the woke, politically correct, public relations word salad
> non-answer that questions like this usually generate. It's disgusting. As the
> premiere environmental advocacy group in the nation, you have no excuse for
> your silence on this issue, and you feel no shame.
>
> Cordially,
>

> So far no response from Michelle or anyone else at the Sierra Club.

Maybe their responders can tell a question from a tirade...

Re: Fun With the Sierra Club

<Cs9hK.10657$dLI5.4746@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142591&group=rec.arts.tv#142591

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 12:49:38 -0400
 by: moviePig - Wed, 18 May 2022 16:49 UTC

On 5/18/2022 12:25 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> [...]
>>> encampment of vagrants there, which not only blocks any use of the public
>>> trails, but creates both a physical and environmental danger.
>>>
>>> Why, with all the money and political influence your organization has, do
>>> you
>>> allow thousands of drug-addicted and mentally ill vagrants to dump all their
>>> bodily waste, needles, toxic chemicals, and garbage into the wetlands?
>>>
>>> I'll await the woke, politically correct, public relations word salad
>>> non-answer that questions like this usually generate. It's disgusting. As
>>> the
>>> premiere environmental advocacy group in the nation, you have no excuse for
>>> your silence on this issue, and you feel no shame.
>>>
>>> Cordially,
>>>

>>> So far no response from Michelle or anyone else at the Sierra Club.
>>
>> Maybe their responders can tell a question from a tirade...

Yes, 'tirade', i.e., "getting something off your chest" ...which is why
you posted a copy here. If you were really interested in hearing the
Sierra Club's position (or even enlisting their support), one hopes
you'd have had the good sense to leave the pitchforks in your car trunk.

Re: Fun With the Sierra Club

<gCdhK.22434$j0D5.5914@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142598&group=rec.arts.tv#142598

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 17:32:59 -0400
 by: moviePig - Wed, 18 May 2022 21:32 UTC

On 5/18/2022 4:24 PM, RichA wrote:
> [...]
>>> allow thousands of drug-addicted and mentally ill vagrants to dump all their
>>> bodily waste, needles, toxic chemicals, and garbage into the wetlands?
>>>
>>> I'll await the woke, politically correct, public relations word salad
>>> non-answer that questions like this usually generate. It's disgusting. As the
>>> premiere environmental advocacy group in the nation, you have no excuse for
>>> your silence on this issue, and you feel no shame.
>>>
>>> Cordially,
>>>

>>> So far no response from Michelle or anyone else at the Sierra Club.
>> Maybe their responders can tell a question from a tirade...
>
> His question was legitimate and concerns a supposedly protected area. The last time the climate scum and agitators held
> a rally in Toronto, they left so much garbage in their wake it looked like parts of New York in the 1970's. Hypocrites.

His *issue* might be legitimate, but his *question* was nonexistent.
Hence, my comment on his counting coup when there was no response.

Re: Fun With the Sierra Club

<guehK.15278$x1Wf.1022@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142602&group=rec.arts.tv#142602

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 18:32:44 -0400
 by: moviePig - Wed, 18 May 2022 22:32 UTC

On 5/18/2022 6:01 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On May 18, 2022 at 2:32:59 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> His question was legitimate and concerns a supposedly protected area. The
>>> last time the climate scum and agitators held
>>> a rally in Toronto, they left so much garbage in their wake it looked like
>>> parts of New York in the 1970's. Hypocrites.
>>
>> His *issue* might be legitimate, but his *question* was nonexistent.
>
> Simply not true:
>
> "Why, with all the money and political influence your organization has, do you
> allow thousands of drug-addicted and mentally ill vagrants to dump all their
> bodily waste, needles, toxic chemicals, and garbage into the wetlands?"

"I'll await the woke, politically correct, public relations word salad
non-answer that questions like this usually generate."

Does that strike you as an invitation to meaningful dialogue?

Re: Fun With the Sierra Club

<ikihK.15834$zVe6.11003@fx43.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142609&group=rec.arts.tv#142609

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 22:55:10 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 19 May 2022 02:55 UTC

On 5/18/2022 10:01 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On May 18, 2022 at 3:32:44 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> Simply not true:
>>>
>>> "Why, with all the money and political influence your organization has, do
>>> you
>>> allow thousands of drug-addicted and mentally ill vagrants to dump all their
>>> bodily waste, needles, toxic chemicals, and garbage into the wetlands?"
>>
>> "I'll await the woke, politically correct, public relations word salad
>> non-answer that questions like this usually generate."
>>
>> Does that strike you as an invitation to meaningful dialogue?
>
> So we're just skipping over your lie that there was no question asked-- that
> it was nonexistent?

Are you crazy? There is no more a question asked in your letter than
there is at the beginning of this paragraph.