From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-05-17 (Tuesday)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 15:58:44 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Wed, 18 May 2022 22:58 UTC

On 5/18/2022 9:01 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-05-18 13:09:26 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking.
>>
>> Many horrible TUBI ORIGINALS most if not all of which were from The
>> Asylum.
>> I blame Ian.
>>
>> SWIM
>> A Malibu beach house rental springs a leak in the basement which has a
>> big
>> hole in the side that opens to the beach above sea level and for
>> inexplicable reasons the house fills to the top with water 30 feet above
>> sea level allowing a shark to chase the rental inhabitants through the
>> house up to the roof. Starring Joey Lawrence who spends almost the entire
>> movie in a rental car trying to get to the house in the first place.
>
> An Asylum special!!
>
> I know who Rib Hillis and Jennifer Field are, but not anyone else here.
>
> I have no desire to see this, because "Bait" already did this a lot better.
>
>> Then the Tubi started auto playing stuff.
>>
>> BULL SHARK
>> Some mouth breather finds a dead shark and throws it in a freshwater lake
>> where it gives birth to a full grown additional shark and one or more of
>> them starts eating the locals. Except for the freshwater origin story
>> after
>> that it’s a straight up rip off of Jaws.
>
> From 2022, and not from Asylum!! But it stars no one I've ever heard
> of! Pass!!

So have those Asylum guy stopped making movies for SyFy? I don't seem
to ever hear about any SyFy movies any more.

>> SAND
>> A bunch of drunk teenagers are trapped in an area where if you touch the
>> sand with bare flesh it disintegrates you.
>
> Do you mean 2015 flick, aka. "The Sand"?! - This stars Brooke Butler,
> with Nikki Leigh and Meagan Holder! and costars former Disney star
> Mitchel Musso (I thought his career was dead - looking at his IMDb, it
> pretty much is!!). I need to get right on this!!  :)
>
>> TITANIC 666
>> The Titanic three attempts to duplicate the original voyage of the
>> original
>> ship and succeeds all too well. Patty Hearst’s look-alike daughter is on
>> board as a witch. The creep who played Apollo in the dreadful Battlestar
>> Galactica revival finally finds an even worse show to star in. AnnaLynne
>> McCord

Haven't heard from her in a while!

must like being in stuff like this. Apparently there’s a
>> Titanic two
>> movie that I missed.
>
> Yeah, I want to see this as much for Lydia Hearst as for AnnaLynne!  ;)
> I'll get to this at some point.
>
>> Somewhat embarrassingly the CGI in this is better than
>> it was in the original James Cameron flick.
>>
>> There was more like this but that’s all I can stand to recall right now.
>
> More! More! More!!  :)

After deleting a bunch of stuff from my DVR unwatched, including several
"wrong" movies I settled down and watched:

Wellington Paranormal - "Vampire" - Without much new content airing, I'm
diving *deep* into my DVR to clear out old stuff. This show won the DVR
lottery. It was pretty much pure background noise.

Two Sentence Horror Stories - "Home Coming" - I watched the first half
of this 30 minute episode 3 months ago and fast forwarded through the
rest last night. Less than background noise.

This Is Us - "The Train" - For the penultimate episode the Big 3 gather
around their mother's death bed.

The Domestics (Netflix DVD rental) 2018 post-apocalyptic action movie
starring Kate Bosworth, and Tyler Hoechlin as a married couple trying to
make their way through a post-apocalyptic America to Bosworth's parents
house. Along the way they encounter a cast of characters straight out
of Mad Max and The Purge. It was watchable, if like those kinds of movies.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-05-17 (Tuesday)

<t644hj$f5u$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142607&group=rec.arts.tv#142607

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 17:55:34 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 19 May 2022 00:55 UTC

On 5/18/2022 3:58 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> On 5/18/2022 9:01 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

>>> Hey, thanks for asking.
>>>
>>> Many horrible TUBI ORIGINALS most if not all of which were from The
>>> Asylum.
>>> I blame Ian.
>>>
>>> SWIM
>>> A Malibu beach house rental springs a leak in the basement which has
>>> a big
>>> hole in the side that opens to the beach above sea level and for
>>> inexplicable reasons the house fills to the top with water 30 feet above
>>> sea level allowing a shark to chase the rental inhabitants through the
>>> house up to the roof. Starring Joey Lawrence who spends almost the
>>> entire
>>> movie in a rental car trying to get to the house in the first place.
>>
>> An Asylum special!!
>>
>> I know who Rib Hillis and Jennifer Field are, but not anyone else here.
>>
>> I have no desire to see this, because "Bait" already did this a lot
>> better.
>>
>>> Then the Tubi started auto playing stuff.
>>>
>>> BULL SHARK
>>> Some mouth breather finds a dead shark and throws it in a freshwater
>>> lake
>>> where it gives birth to a full grown additional shark and one or more of
>>> them starts eating the locals. Except for the freshwater origin story
>>> after
>>> that it’s a straight up rip off of Jaws.
>>
>>  From 2022, and not from Asylum!! But it stars no one I've ever heard
>> of! Pass!!
>>

> So have those Asylum guy stopped making movies for SyFy?  I don't seem
> to ever hear about any SyFy movies any more.

I suspect Asylum is still making them, Syfy just isn't showing them.

dirty old man.