From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Our new truth czar proposing that "verified" people edit the
posts of the unverified to allow for a "fuller picture" and more "context."
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 17:59:14 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 18 May 2022 21:59 UTC

On 2022-05-18 3:50 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <t63gtv$ajo$1@dont-email.me>,
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-05-18 17:46:29 +0000, BTR1701 said:

>>> They really are going full-Stasi, aren't they?
>>
>> And she has just resigned, and the whole "Board" idea has been backburnered.
>>
>> Could have saved this Admin a lot of headaches if they had just done
>> this 2 weeks ago.
>
> Or not done any of this at all, since the entire concept is antithetical
> to the 1st Amendment.
>
>> They are just completely incompetent

It might be a tad premature to call this a victory for the Good Guys
(the people that champion free speech).

According to this article, the "Disinformation Board" is just PAUSED,
not dead:

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/robert-spencer/2022/05/18/breaking-disinformation-governance-board-being-paused-n1598926

If you don't like the source, prove them wrong....

--
Rhino

Re: Our new truth czar proposing that "verified" people edit the posts of the unverified to allow for a "fuller picture" and more "context."

<t643lm$997$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142606&group=rec.arts.tv#142606

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
posts of the unverified to allow for a "fuller picture" and more "context."
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 20:40:21 -0400
 by: Rhino - Thu, 19 May 2022 00:40 UTC

On 2022-05-18 8:21 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>> On 2022-05-18 3:50 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Or not done any of this at all, since the entire concept is antithetical
>>> to the 1st Amendment.

>> It might be a tad premature to call this a victory for the Good Guys
>> (the people that champion free speech).
>>
>> According to this article, the "Disinformation Board" is just PAUSED,
>> not dead:
>>
>> https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/robert-spencer/2022/05/18/breaking-disinformation-governance-board-being-paused-n1598926
>>
>> If you don't like the source, prove them wrong....
>
> They aren't the source. They didn't report the story. It's from the same
> Washington Post piece I found.
>
> "Paused" is just the Biden administration spinning. It's dead, Jim.

I sincerely hope you're right. That is an idea that truly deserves to die.

--
Rhino