From: art...@munged.invalid (Arthur T.)
Newsgroups: rec.music.filk
Subject: New filk: I Honestly Hate This
Date: Sat, 07 May 2022 15:11:11 -0400
 by: Arthur T. - Sat, 7 May 2022 19:11 UTC

Title: I Honestly Hate This
ttto: I Honestly Love You by Jeff Barry and Peter Allen

You know that things are bad now
And I never understood
How things all fell apart so goddam fast
I'm tryin' to find a reason
To hope things will get good
And leave all of this darkness in the past

But I feel
It never will be healed

Maybe there's no answer
Just plod on day to day
Don't get hopes up only to be dashed
That's not how I grew up
To wish these ills away
And I'll say this even though I am abashed

I still feel
It never will be healed

All these woes are making me a hermit now
I don't want to hear any news at all
'Cause new bad news seems to come along every day
So, to keep out all new fears
I'll just hold my ears, and say...

I still feel
It never will be healed

I wish that I were born
In another distant time
When maybe things were closer then to bliss
But here I'm midst the wars
And the pestilence and crime
And I feel I'm staring into the abyss

And I feel
It never will be healed
Our fates all have been sealed

My lyrics copyright 2022 by Arthur Tansky. License granted for
non-commercial, non-political archiving and performance as long as:
1. copyright notice is maintained, and
2. no money changes hands.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Guessing a lyricist's opinions from his songs is as futile as
guessing an author's opinions from his novels.