A witty saying proves nothing, but saying something pointless gets people's attention.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: I have to admit, I'm not that big a fan of Biden.

SubjectAuthor
* Re: I have to admit, I'm not that big a fan of Biden.moviePig
`- Re: I have to admit, I'm not that big a fan of Biden.moviePig

1
Re: I have to admit, I'm not that big a fan of Biden.

<3gplK.22290$ntj.8831@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142741&group=rec.arts.tv#142741

Subject: Re: I have to admit, I'm not that big a fan of Biden.
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 10:04:46 -0400
 by: moviePig - Tue, 31 May 2022 14:04 UTC

On 5/31/2022 1:59 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 5/30/2022 5:04 PM, moviePig wrote:
>> On 5/30/2022 5:32 PM, trotsky wrote:
>>> Sometimes I have to wonder if his mouth is attached to his brain.  To
>>> wit:
>>>
>>> Biden says gun control up to Congress: ‘I can’t dictate this stuff’
>>>

>>> https://thehill.com/news/administration/3505996-biden-says-gun-control-up-to-congress-i-cant-dictate-this-stuff/?fbclid=IwAR0QN9qTpyPH1HPpJR1oVRjqipTarsxWuVwdZl7L4cLUVwC6kJUCXa5DIh8
>>>

>>> Oh goody, he's all Pontius Pilate on the issue of gun control.  That
>>> should play well with his base.  Meanwhile Republiclowns have really
>>> stepped up their game: "We need to offer thoughts and prayers *and*
>>> prayers and thoughts!"  We are so screwed.
>>
>> I'm not about to defend Biden's mental abilities, but in this instance
>> afaics he's right.  Congress has to send him a gun-control bill if one
>> is to be enacted.  All he can do is express his willingness...
>

> Oh dear.  One of his campaign platforms was that he was an anachronism
> and was going to get people to "reach across the aisle."  I'm curious,
> did you forget that he said this or was so stupid that you just put it
> out of your mind?  The GOP is maxxed out in how corrupt they can be.
> It's like Calculus when variable x approaches infinity, that's how
> corrupt they are.  On some level the left is corrupt too, if only for
> believing in propagandistic bullshit like this.

Campaigner makes pie-in-the-sky campaign promise. In other news...

Re: I have to admit, I'm not that big a fan of Biden.

<1G4mK.38993$ntj.34666@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142788&group=rec.arts.tv#142788

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
<t74arc$u3e$1@gioia.aioe.org> <3gplK.22290$ntj.8831@fx15.iad>
<t764r7$36j$3@gioia.aioe.org> <AwLlK.12832$xZtb.2861@fx41.iad>
<atropos-E326A5.08553201062022@news.giganews.com>
<TvMlK.62678$GTEb.7956@fx48.iad>
<atropos-ACECDE.10423401062022@news.giganews.com>
<wTOlK.10416$vFlb.10089@fx34.iad>
<atropos-8FF966.12272301062022@news.giganews.com>
<AcSlK.5357$x7oc.5067@fx01.iad>
<atropos-2D0A8A.20430301062022@news.giganews.com>
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 11:27:56 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 15:27 UTC

On 6/1/2022 11:43 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <AcSlK.5357$x7oc.5067@fx01.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/1/2022 3:27 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> The people decide what the greater good is through their elected
>>> representatives. If they're being tricked into it by lying politicians,
>>> it ain't the greater good.
>>
>> The elect their representatives to decide what the greater good is.

>>> Ah, yes, the "if only you rubes were as smart as me" approach. That's a
>>> sure winner.
>>
>> Yes, but what if he's right?
>
> Well, you're a long-established elitist, so that question comes as no
> surprise.

'Elitist': One who thinks a President shouldn't be chosen by lottery...