Keep your mouth shut and people will think you stupid; Open it and you remove all doubt.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Catastrophic Sea Level Rise

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Catastrophic Sea Level RisemoviePig
+* Re: Catastrophic Sea Level RisemoviePig
|`* Re: Catastrophic Sea Level RiseRhino
| `- Re: Catastrophic Sea Level RisemoviePig
+- Re: Catastrophic Sea Level RiseRhino
`- Re: Catastrophic Sea Level RiseRhino

1
Re: Catastrophic Sea Level Rise

<cqLlK.62673$GTEb.5002@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142763&group=rec.arts.tv#142763

Subject: Re: Catastrophic Sea Level Rise
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 11:17:17 -0400
 by: moviePig - Wed, 1 Jun 2022 15:17 UTC

On 5/31/2022 8:45 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Welp, the debate is over. The science is settled.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/tj3xn84f44tcqjy/SeaLevel.jpg?dl=0

High tide? Low tide? Both? Don't care?

NYC tide is about 4 ft. AGW threatens an additional 2 ft.

Re: Catastrophic Sea Level Rise

<nFMlK.62000$wIO9.38038@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142768&group=rec.arts.tv#142768

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 12:41:53 -0400
 by: moviePig - Wed, 1 Jun 2022 16:41 UTC

On 6/1/2022 12:04 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <cqLlK.62673$GTEb.5002@fx48.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/31/2022 8:45 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>>> Welp, the debate is over. The science is settled.
>>>
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/tj3xn84f44tcqjy/SeaLevel.jpg?dl=0
>>
>> High tide? Low tide? Both? Don't care?
>
> The tide markers are in the pictures.
>
>> NYC tide is about 4 ft. AGW threatens an additional 2 ft.
>
> The sea level hasn't risen at the end of my block in any noticeable way
> in the 13 years I've lived here, either.

See "How to boil a frog"...

> High and low tides come to the
> same point now as they did then. But according to ManBearPig hysterics,
> the jetty rocks at the far end should be underwater by now.

You're seeing more than I am. Is an extra foot of tide (less than a
foot is alleged, to date) sufficient to submerge those rocks?

> I've got a friend who has worked as a longshoreman on docks all around
> the country and he'll tell you the water level hasn't changed at any of
> them for 100+ years.
>
> But the TV told me that if I pay money to the government, the weather
> will be gooder.

Even on TV -- and though no one's completely trustworthy -- I rely more
on scientists (who say what *might* happen) than on politicians (who
say, "Well, it hasn't happened YET...").

Re: Catastrophic Sea Level Rise

<t7d1qe$v4p$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142796&group=rec.arts.tv#142796

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 09:20:14 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 3 Jun 2022 13:20 UTC

On 2022-06-01 1:13 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <nFMlK.62000$wIO9.38038@fx12.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/1/2022 12:04 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> The tide markers are in the pictures.

>>> The sea level hasn't risen at the end of my block in any noticeable
>>> way in the 13 years I've lived here, either.
>>
>> See "How to boil a frog"...
>
> Except the ManBearPig acolytes keep saying "In 10 years... apocalypse!"
> If that's the case, 13 years should bring (at a bare minimum) a
> perceptible difference.
>
>>> High and low tides come to the same point now as they did then.
>>> But according to ManBearPig hysterics, the jetty rocks at the far
>>> end should be underwater by now.
>>
>> You're seeing more than I am. Is an extra foot of tide (less than a
>> foot is alleged, to date) sufficient to submerge those rocks?
>
> Yes, it would be.
>
>>> I've got a friend who has worked as a longshoreman on docks all around
>>> the country and he'll tell you the water level hasn't changed at any of
>>> them for 100+ years.
>>>
>>> But the TV told me that if I pay money to the government, the weather
>>> will be gooder.
>>
>> Even on TV -- and though no one's completely trustworthy -- I rely more
>> on scientists (who say what *might* happen) than on politicians (who
>> say, "Well, it hasn't happened YET...").

Once in a while, you have to believe your OWN eyes rather than listening
to politicians or scientists, particularly when you're closer to the
problem than they are.

--
Rhino

Re: Catastrophic Sea Level Rise

<t7d1tn$v4p$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142797&group=rec.arts.tv#142797

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 09:21:58 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 3 Jun 2022 13:21 UTC

On 2022-06-03 5:20 AM, kensi wrote:
> On 2022-06-03 4:05 a.m., BTR1701 wrote:
>> kensi <kkensington01-NOSPAM@gmail.invalid> wrote:

>>> Your previous ridiculous dropbox memes have all loaded fine for me, and
>>> I didn't do anything differently this time, so you must have fucked this
>>> one up, kOok.
>>
>> Again, it works for me and it worked for everyone else, dipshit. Go
>> upgrade
>> your computer or your browser or both then get back to us, dipshit.
>
> Neither of them is out of date. The only one who can have done something
> different this time is you. Therefore you fucked it up.
>
> My logic is undeniable.

The fact that you think so reveals what a demented individual you are.

His pictures come up fine on my computer.

--
Rhino

Re: Catastrophic Sea Level Rise

<t7d1vp$v4p$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142798&group=rec.arts.tv#142798

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 09:23:05 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 3 Jun 2022 13:23 UTC

On 2022-06-03 6:38 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> kensi <kkensington01-NOSPAM@gmail.invalid> wrote:

>>> Again, it works for me and it worked for everyone else, dipshit. Go upgrade
>>> your computer or your browser or both then get back to us, dipshit.
>>
>> Neither of them is out of date. The only one who can have done something
>> different this time is you. Therefore you fucked it up.
>>
> Again, it works for me and it worked for everyone else. Obviously we're all
> more intelligent than you, dipshit.

Compost is more intelligent than the guy who calls himself "kensi" and
fancies himself a girl.

--
Rhino

Re: Catastrophic Sea Level Rise

<mIomK.7946$_T.3945@fx40.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142800&group=rec.arts.tv#142800

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 10:15:46 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 3 Jun 2022 14:15 UTC

On 6/3/2022 9:20 AM, Rhino wrote:
> On 2022-06-01 1:13 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <nFMlK.62000$wIO9.38038@fx12.iad>,
>>   moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> See "How to boil a frog"...
>>
>> Except the ManBearPig acolytes keep saying "In 10 years... apocalypse!"
>> If that's the case, 13 years should bring (at a bare minimum) a
>> perceptible difference.

>>> You're seeing more than I am. Is an extra foot of tide (less than a
>>> foot is alleged, to date) sufficient to submerge those rocks?
>>
>> Yes, it would be.

>>> Even on TV -- and though no one's completely trustworthy -- I rely more
>>> on scientists (who say what *might* happen) than on politicians (who
>>> say, "Well, it hasn't happened YET...").
>
> Once in a while, you have to believe your OWN eyes rather than listening
> to politicians or scientists, particularly when you're closer to the
> problem than they are.

Indeed, pay no attention to a tornado siren until you feel a draft...