Condense soup, not books!

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?moviePig
`* Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?moviePig
 `* Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?moviePig
  `* Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?moviePig
   +* Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?suzeeq
   |`* Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?suzeeq
   | `* Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?suzeeq
   |  +- Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?moviePig
   |  +* Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?suzeeq
   |  |`- Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?moviePig
   |  +* Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?suzeeq
   |  |`- Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?suzeeq
   |  `- Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?suzeeq
   `* Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?moviePig
    `* Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?moviePig
     `- Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?moviePig

1
Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?

<eIplK.56913$wIO9.33985@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142743&group=rec.arts.tv#142743

Subject: Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 10:34:49 -0400
 by: moviePig - Tue, 31 May 2022 14:34 UTC

On 5/31/2022 12:10 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

> https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1525477731181502464?s=20&t=9V-XxbdmdO6RIdvNrpxlYg
>
> Just like the number of licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a
> Tootsie Pop, the world may never know.

From its trailer, I'd call this a classic 'appeal to ridicule':

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_ridicule

Great for gawking, but in abject fear of its own question...

Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?

<fiLlK.10803$cq8.3190@fx03.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142762&group=rec.arts.tv#142762

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 11:08:57 -0400
 by: moviePig - Wed, 1 Jun 2022 15:08 UTC

On 6/1/2022 1:06 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On May 31, 2022 at 7:34:49 AM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/31/2022 12:10 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
>>>

>>> https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1525477731181502464?s=20&t=9V-XxbdmdO6RIdvNrpxlYg
>>>
>>> Just like the number of licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center of
>>> Tootsie Pop, the world may never know.
>>
>> From its trailer, I'd call this a classic 'appeal to ridicule':
>
> In other words, we're not allowed to question every subsequent iteration of
> 'progressive' leftist lunacy because by it's very nature, it's crazy, so
> questioning it appeals to ridicule.
>
> Neat trick if you can find someone stupid enough to fall for it.

If you're gonna make a documentary, particularly one that purports to
address a controversy, you might at least have it confront the question
itself. Whereas, this flick looks like a one-sided sideshow of people
who are visibly fucked up ...a compilation to entertain the smug.

Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?

<IrMlK.62676$GTEb.26705@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142767&group=rec.arts.tv#142767

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 12:27:18 -0400
 by: moviePig - Wed, 1 Jun 2022 16:27 UTC

On 6/1/2022 11:33 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <fiLlK.10803$cq8.3190@fx03.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/1/2022 1:06 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> In other words, we're not allowed to question every subsequent iteration
>>> of progressive' leftist lunacy because by it's very nature, it's crazy,
>>> so questioning it appeals to ridicule.
>>>
>>> Neat trick if you can find someone stupid enough to fall for it.
>>
>> If you're gonna make a documentary, particularly one that purports to
>> address a controversy, you might at least have it confront the question
>> itself. Whereas, this flick looks like a one-sided sideshow of people
>> who are visibly fucked up ...a compilation to entertain the smug.
>
> Dude was interviewing a prominent Democrat congressman, among other not
> visibly fucked up people, all of whom can't tell you what a woman is.

Oh, I'd maintain that *any* Congressman can readily be portrayed as
visibly fucked up.

> Also, the fact that the proponents of all this nonsense contain such a
> large percentage of visibly fucked up people is what we in the business
> call a clew.

Exactly. This is what the "documentarians" rely on, i.e., that you'll
feel free to enjoy the ridicule because they've got 90 minutes of it,
which just has to be a fair sample of the world as you'd like to see it.

Meanwhile, I'd bet you're clew-less about the *actual* behavioral
distribution of people who feel somehow "sexually misapplied"...

Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?

<5IOlK.33001$JVi.937@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142769&group=rec.arts.tv#142769

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 15:01:19 -0400
 by: moviePig - Wed, 1 Jun 2022 19:01 UTC

On 6/1/2022 12:34 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <IrMlK.62676$GTEb.26705@fx48.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/1/2022 11:33 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Dude was interviewing a prominent Democrat congressman, among other not
>>> visibly fucked up people, all of whom can't tell you what a woman is.
>>
>> Oh, I'd maintain that *any* Congressman can readily be portrayed as
>> visibly fucked up.
>>

>>> Also, the fact that the proponents of all this nonsense contain such a
>>> large percentage of visibly fucked up people is what we in the business
>>> call a clew.
>>
>> Exactly. This is what the "documentarians" rely on, i.e., that you'll
>> feel free to enjoy the ridicule because they've got 90 minutes of it,
>> which just has to be a fair sample of the world as you'd like to see it.
>
> Except it *is* a fair sample because the only people in this "87 genders
> non-binary fluid otherkin" milieu are either visibly fucked up people or
> the politicians who are pandering to them to push an agenda.

People who think gender isn't totally binary? You're kidding, right?

Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?

<t78eqg$1ednv$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142770&group=rec.arts.tv#142770

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 12:31:27 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 1 Jun 2022 19:31 UTC

On 6/1/2022 12:25 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <5IOlK.33001$JVi.937@fx17.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>> People who think gender isn't totally binary? You're kidding, right?
>
> Yeah, 'cause those are the ones having shrieking meltdowns about
> pronouns and getting people kicked off Facebook for saying women don't
> have penises.

We do, they're just very tiny and don't function quite the same way as
men's do.

Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?

<t78pf6$1c5a1$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142773&group=rec.arts.tv#142773

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 15:33:09 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 1 Jun 2022 22:33 UTC

On 6/1/2022 1:23 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jun 1, 2022 at 12:31:27 PM PDT, "suzeeq" <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/1/2022 12:25 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Yeah, 'cause those are the ones having shrieking meltdowns about
>>> pronouns and getting people kicked off Facebook for saying women don't
>>> have penises.
>>>

>> We do, they're just very tiny and don't function quite the same way as
>> men's do.
>
> Weird, I don't remember my biology textbooks ever labeling anything on the
> female anatomy with the word 'penis'.

It's called a clitoris.

Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?

<GeSlK.5358$x7oc.558@fx01.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142775&group=rec.arts.tv#142775

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 19:03:02 -0400
 by: moviePig - Wed, 1 Jun 2022 23:03 UTC

On 6/1/2022 3:25 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <5IOlK.33001$JVi.937@fx17.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/1/2022 12:34 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Except it *is* a fair sample because the only people in this "87 genders
>>> non-binary fluid otherkin" milieu are either visibly fucked up people or
>>> the politicians who are pandering to them to push an agenda.
>>
>> People who think gender isn't totally binary? You're kidding, right?
>
> Yeah, 'cause those are the ones having shrieking meltdowns about
> pronouns and getting people kicked off Facebook for saying women don't
> have penises.

Again... those just may NOT be fully representative.

Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?

<t792ge$kla$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142776&group=rec.arts.tv#142776

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 18:07:25 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 01:07 UTC

On 6/1/2022 4:31 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jun 1, 2022 at 3:33:09 PM PDT, "suzeeq" <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> Weird, I don't remember my biology textbooks ever labeling anything on the
>>> female anatomy with the word 'penis'.
>>>
>> It's called a clitoris.
>
> So it's not a penis, then. It's something different or it would have been
> labeled 'penis'.

Got the same kind of tissue and cells. One's the masculine name for it,
one's the feminine name.

Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?

<jYVlK.49273$J0r9.8410@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142781&group=rec.arts.tv#142781

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 23:16:31 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 03:16 UTC

On 6/1/2022 9:07 PM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 6/1/2022 4:31 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> It's called a clitoris.
>>
>> So it's not a penis, then. It's something different or it would have been
>> labeled 'penis'.
>>
> Got the same kind of tissue and cells. One's the masculine name for it,
> one's the feminine name.

The latter's motto is: "Don't be a dick."

Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?

<XZVlK.49274$J0r9.31441@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142782&group=rec.arts.tv#142782

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 23:18:14 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 03:18 UTC

On 6/1/2022 7:34 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jun 1, 2022 at 4:03:02 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/1/2022 3:25 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Yeah, 'cause those are the ones having shrieking meltdowns about
>>> pronouns and getting people kicked off Facebook for saying women don't
>>> have penises.
>>
>> Again... those just may NOT be fully representative.
>
> They're the ones who get all the attention, get pandered to, get laws passed
> based on their lunatic views, and can negatively impact normal people's
> lives-- from internet harassment, to getting people fired, to even criminal
> charges. That's why no one gives a shit about the more milquetoast members of
> "I can Change My Gender Just by Wishing Hard Enough" movement.

Surely this "documentary" will help to rectify that...

Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?

<t79f1e$esa$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142783&group=rec.arts.tv#142783

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 21:41:17 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 04:41 UTC

On 6/1/2022 8:30 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <t792ge$kla$1@dont-email.me>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com>
> wrote:

>>> So it's not a penis, then. It's something different or it would have been
>>> labeled 'penis'.
>>>
>> Got the same kind of tissue and cells.
>
> What tissue and cells are those?
>
>> One's the masculine name for it, one's the feminine name.
>
> In other words, women don't have penises.

To reiterate moviepig's point - Don't be a dick.

Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?

<t7acgd$1d2qm$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142784&group=rec.arts.tv#142784

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 06:04:09 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 13:04 UTC

On 6/1/2022 10:13 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> Got the same kind of tissue and cells.
>
>> What tissue and cells are those?
>
> I found it. (I swear I was searching for pr0n when I came across this
> medical article.)
>
> Abstract
> The human penis and clitoris develop from the ambisexual genital
> tubercle. To compare and contrast the development of human penis
> and clitoris, we used macroscopic photography, optical
> projection tomography, light sheet microscopy, scanning electron
> microscopy, histology and immunohistochemistry. The human
> genital tubercle differentiates into a penis under the influence
> of androgens forming a tubular urethra that develops by
> canalization of the urethral plate to form a wide diamond-shaped
> urethral groove (opening zipper) whose edges (urethral folds)
> fuse in the midline (closing zipper). In contrast, in females,
> without the influence of androgens, the vestibular plate
> (homologue of the urethral plate) undergoes canalization to form
> a wide vestibular groove whose edges (vestibular folds) remain
> unfused, ultimately forming the labia minora defining the
> vaginal vestibule. The neurovascular anatomy is similar in both
> the developing human penis and clitoris and is the key to
> successful surgical reconstructions.
>
> Development of the Human Penis and Clitoris
> Differentiation. 2018 Sep-Oct; 103: 74–85.
>
> It can be read on line.
>
> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6234061/

Yes, that's what I'm talking about.

Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?

<t7ack8$1d2qm$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142785&group=rec.arts.tv#142785

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 06:06:15 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 13:06 UTC

On 6/2/2022 12:46 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jun 1, 2022 at 10:13:34 PM PDT, ""Adam H. Kerman"" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> What tissue and cells are those?
>>
>> I found it. (I swear I was searching for pr0n when I came across this
>> medical article.)
>>
>> Abstract
>> The human penis and clitoris develop from the ambisexual genital
>> tubercle. To compare and contrast the development of human penis
>> and clitoris, we used macroscopic photography, optical
>> projection tomography, light sheet microscopy, scanning electron
>> microscopy, histology and immunohistochemistry. The human
>> genital tubercle differentiates into a penis under the influence
>> of androgens forming a tubular urethra that develops by
>> canalization of the urethral plate to form a wide diamond-shaped
>> urethral groove (opening zipper) whose edges (urethral folds)
>> fuse in the midline (closing zipper). In contrast, in females,
>> without the influence of androgens, the vestibular plate
>> (homologue of the urethral plate) undergoes canalization to form
>> a wide vestibular groove whose edges (vestibular folds) remain
>> unfused, ultimately forming the labia minora defining the
>> vaginal vestibule. The neurovascular anatomy is similar in both
>> the developing human penis and clitoris and is the key to
>> successful surgical reconstructions.
>>
>> Development of the Human Penis and Clitoris
>> Differentiation. 2018 Sep-Oct; 103: 74–85.
>
> So the penis and clitoris end up and two totally different things. Not the
> same thing with masculine and feminine words to describe them. Who woulda
> thought?

They're still the same tissue, which one you end up with depends on
hormones. And that differs according to whether one is male or female.

Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?

<t7agtr$1d5pl$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142786&group=rec.arts.tv#142786

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 07:19:38 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 14:19 UTC

On 6/2/2022 7:01 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> I found it. (I swear I was searching for pr0n when I came across this
>>> medical article.)
>>>
>>> Abstract
>>> The human penis and clitoris develop from the ambisexual genital
>>> tubercle. To compare and contrast the development of human penis
>>> and clitoris, we used macroscopic photography, optical
>>> projection tomography, light sheet microscopy, scanning electron
>>> microscopy, histology and immunohistochemistry. The human
>>> genital tubercle differentiates into a penis under the influence
>>> of androgens forming a tubular urethra that develops by
>>> canalization of the urethral plate to form a wide diamond-shaped
>>> urethral groove (opening zipper) whose edges (urethral folds)
>>> fuse in the midline (closing zipper). In contrast, in females,
>>> without the influence of androgens, the vestibular plate
>>> (homologue of the urethral plate) undergoes canalization to form
>>> a wide vestibular groove whose edges (vestibular folds) remain
>>> unfused, ultimately forming the labia minora defining the
>>> vaginal vestibule. The neurovascular anatomy is similar in both
>>> the developing human penis and clitoris and is the key to
>>> successful surgical reconstructions.
>>>
>>> Development of the Human Penis and Clitoris
>>> Differentiation. 2018 Sep-Oct; 103: 74–85.
>>>
>>> It can be read on line.
>>>
>>> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6234061/
>>>
>> Yes, that's what I'm talking about.
>
> Since the resulting structures are different, then the use of different
> terms for the resulting structions is legitimate. I don't agree with
> anyone who would suggest that "clitoris" and "penis" are synonymous
> despite having originated from common structures during foetal
> development.
>
> I agree with you on the biology. I certainly don't agree with you on
> that kind of word use.

I didn't say they were identical. But they do have nerves which result
in the same feelings.

Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?

<_O4mK.38994$ntj.18749@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142789&group=rec.arts.tv#142789

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 11:37:30 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 15:37 UTC

On 6/2/2022 3:44 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jun 1, 2022 at 9:41:17 PM PDT, "suzeeq" <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/1/2022 8:30 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> What tissue and cells are those?

>>> In other words, women don't have penises.
>>>
>> To reiterate moviepig's point - Don't be a dick.
>
> We always come back to meaningless insults and hand-waiving when the
> inevitable logic of it all corners you guys.

Adam Kerman has taken on a personal mission to invest the English
language with the novel concept of 'hand-waiving' (a process presumably
meant to avoid leaving fingerprints). Please don't assist him...

Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?

<%W4mK.72936$vAW9.72806@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142790&group=rec.arts.tv#142790

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 11:46:02 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 15:46 UTC

On 6/1/2022 11:29 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <XZVlK.49274$J0r9.31441@fx11.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> They're the ones who get all the attention, get pandered to, get laws
>>> passed based on their lunatic views, and can negatively impact normal
>>> people's lives-- from internet harassment, to getting people fired, to
>>> even criminal charges. That's why no one gives a shit about the more
>>> milquetoast members of "I can Change My Gender Just by Wishing Hard
>>> Enough" movement.
>>
>> Surely this "documentary" will help to rectify that...
>
> Yes, we should just shut up about it. That'll be a far more effective
> solution.

But, inasmuch as we all know we WON'T shut up about it, we should at
least not mistake our smug gawking for responsible thinking.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Trailer: Documentary - WHAT IS A WOMAN?