From: jgoul...@panix.com ("Jim Goulder")
Newsgroups: rec.music.filk
Subject: The Fulsome Pissin' Blues
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 09:47:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jim Goulder - Fri, 20 May 2022 09:47 UTC

He shot a man in Kingsland just to watch him leak: Deputies ID
suspect in water tower shooting | KARK

https://www.kark.com/news/state-news/he-shot-a-man-in-kingsland-just-to-watc
h-him-leak-deputies-id-suspect-in-water-tower-shooting/

To: "Folsom Prison Blues" [Johnny Cash, 1955]

Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues
https://youtu.be/s_NLlOiD1Wo

Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues (CC) [Karaoke Instrumental Lyrics]
https://youtu.be/QarX4gOwNvw

VERSE 1

I see the spray a-comin'--it's pourin' from the tank,
And I ain't been so tickled since I pulled this prank.
I watch the fulsome pissin'--the hubbub goin' on,
But that silhouette keeps whizzin' until the water's gone.

VERSE 2

When I was just a baby, my mama told me: "Kid,
Don't shoot water towers!" (the way that I just did),
But I shot a man in Kingsland, just to watch him pee.
When I see the online footage, I smirk maniac'lly.

[instrumental break]

VERSE 3

The internet is buzzin' as I know the late shows are.
The video they're showin' is makin' me a star.
Well, I know I had it comin'--my own celebrity,
But I soon may be indicted, and that's what worries me.

[instrumental break]

VERSE 4

Well, if I didn't take that potshot, and the tower was just fine,
Who'd ever hear of Kingsland? There'd be no PR goldmine.
A little squirty water and tourists come to stay.
So I hope I get off easy; I gave the town cachet.

Re: The Fulsome Pissin' Blues

<u67i8hpanjsfti4882b84gqn1h4lp6mu71@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=14281&group=rec.music.filk#14281

From: art...@munged.invalid (Arthur T.)
Newsgroups: rec.music.filk
Subject: Re: The Fulsome Pissin' Blues
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 13:10:04 -0400
 by: Arthur T. - Sat, 21 May 2022 17:10 UTC

In Message-ID:<t67o3a$ahg$1@reader1.panix.com>,
""Jim Goulder"" <jgoulder@panix.com> wrote:

>He shot a man in Kingsland just to watch him leak: Deputies ID
>suspect in water tower shooting | KARK

I know this kind of thing has just naturally got to stop, but "up to
16 years"?

And thanks for both the filk and bringing it to my attention.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com