Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes? -- Indiana Jones, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Heroic Hilary Swank rescues lost dachshund

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Heroic Hilary Swank rescues lost dachshundmoviePig
`* Re: Heroic Hilary Swank rescues lost dachshundmoviePig
 `- Re: Heroic Hilary Swank rescues lost dachshundmoviePig

1
Re: Heroic Hilary Swank rescues lost dachshund

<2QxoK.131459$vAW9.110079@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142896&group=rec.arts.tv#142896

Subject: Re: Heroic Hilary Swank rescues lost dachshund
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 22:16:30 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 02:16 UTC

On 6/9/2022 9:02 PM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman
>>
>> A woman searching for her lost dachshund Blue came upon a movie shoot.
>> Hilary Swank found had found the dog!
>>
>> My only question about this story: If the dachshund isn't chasing a
>> badger through an underground tunnel, how fast does it get that it's
>> able to run away?
>>
>> https://apnews.com/article/entertainment-new-york-albany-celebrity-2a9497c27c69747eda58f514f3d8231d
>
> Weiner dogs are vicious little bastards, I'd say they're
> meanest dogs out there.
>
> My buddy's parents had a string of weiner dogs (all named
> Puppy) and every one would go into DefCon 1 mode any time
> we came over and back when I was a little kid trick or treating
> one Halloween, a person's weiner dog got past them, jumped
> up and bit me on the ass!

Probably set a wiener-dog high-jump record...

Re: Heroic Hilary Swank rescues lost dachshund

<4YMoK.90231$wIO9.61744@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142921&group=rec.arts.tv#142921

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 15:29:04 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 19:29 UTC

On 6/10/2022 1:20 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Jun 2022 22:16:30 -0400, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
> wrote:

>>> Weiner dogs are vicious little bastards, I'd say they're
>>> meanest dogs out there.
>>>
>>> My buddy's parents had a string of weiner dogs (all named
>>> Puppy) and every one would go into DefCon 1 mode any time
>>> we came over and back when I was a little kid trick or treating
>>> one Halloween, a person's weiner dog got past them, jumped
>>> up and bit me on the ass!
>>
>> Probably set a wiener-dog high-jump record...
>
> Never had a wiener dog but DID have a Corgi but she never did that.
>
> Now no question I remember vividly when we were having hot dogs that
> night and our 3 year old son was walking along with his hot dog in his
> hand at one side and suddenly he was crying because his hot dog didn't
> have a wiener any more but we had an extremely contented Corgi sitting
> in the corner.....

Thereafter known as "the wiener dog"...

Re: Heroic Hilary Swank rescues lost dachshund

<9F1pK.137875$vAW9.31580@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142951&group=rec.arts.tv#142951

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 10:29:25 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 14:29 UTC

On 6/11/2022 3:36 AM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2022 15:29:04 -0400, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> Never had a wiener dog but DID have a Corgi but she never did that.
>>>
>>> Now no question I remember vividly when we were having hot dogs that
>>> night and our 3 year old son was walking along with his hot dog in his
>>> hand at one side and suddenly he was crying because his hot dog didn't
>>> have a wiener any more but we had an extremely contented Corgi sitting
>>> in the corner.....
>>
>> Thereafter known as "the wiener dog"...
>
> Corgis aren't dachshunds but the above story is true - the 3 year old
> is 30 now and has a tyke of his own

Yes, the Queen has made sure we know what Corgis are. I was just
assuming this one would've earned a nickname...

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Heroic Hilary Swank rescues lost dachshund