You feel a whole lot more like you do now than you did when you used to.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Her She Bar

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Her She BarmoviePig
+- Re: Her She BarRhino
`- Re: Her She BarmoviePig

1
Re: Her She Bar

<c7KoK.221181$zgr9.205411@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142908&group=rec.arts.tv#142908

Subject: Re: Her She Bar
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 12:16:07 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 16:16 UTC

On 6/10/2022 6:04 AM, chromebook test wrote:
> Two people rescued after falling in tank full of chocolate in Pennsylvania
> By Amy Simonson, June 9, 2022
> https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/09/us/chocolate-tank-rescue-pennsylvania/index.html

Mars, not Hershey. You wasted a good pun.

Fire crews couldn't pull them out? And had to cut a hole in the side?
Are we sure it was chocolate and not taffy?...

Re: Her She Bar

<t8010m$23v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142918&group=rec.arts.tv#142918

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 14:03:00 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 18:03 UTC

On 2022-06-10 12:22 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <c7KoK.221181$zgr9.205411@fx13.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/10/2022 6:04 AM, chromebook test wrote:
>
>>> Two people rescued after falling in tank full of chocolate in Pennsylvania
>>> By Amy Simonson, June 9, 2022
>
>>> https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/09/us/chocolate-tank-rescue-pennsylvania/index.h
>>> tml
>>
>> Mars, not Hershey. You wasted a good pun.
>>
>> Fire crews couldn't pull them out? And had to cut a hole in the side?
>> Are we sure it was chocolate and not taffy?...
>
> You occasionally hear stories like this and I can't imagine why no one
> welds ladder rungs on the inside of tanks where there's a danger of this
> sort of thing happening. Unless the hapless person is knocked
> unconscious, they could easily climb back out if there were rungs in
> there.

Some accidents simply make no sense. A few years back, three guys were
tasked with working on a septic tank. One of the guys went into the
septic tank to so something but when he was overdue to come out, the
other two were concerned that he might have been overcome by the fumes
and one of them went in to rescue him. When neither of the two didn't
come out in due course, the third guy went in after the other two.
Eventually, they were missed and someone discovered all three dead in
the septic tank, all overcome by the fumes.

I never heard any substantial details or any followup to this tragedy so
I don't know if these guys had any kind of breathing apparatus or if any
had been mandated as a result of these deaths. I tried googling but only
came up with this very similar accident from Jamaica a few months back:

https://www.cvmtv.com/news/major-stories/3-men-dead-after-falling-in-septic-tank-st-ann/

And this one, from India, which happened just a few days ago:

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/other/gurgaon-three-people-die-in-septic-tank-in-nuh/ar-AAXZ4sE

And another one, also from India, which happened in March 2022:

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/other/three-labourers-die-inhaling-toxic-fumes-in-septic-tank/ar-AAUTzxD

And this story, from Quebec in 2004:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/3-die-after-falling-into-septic-tank-1.517768

And the list keeps going! None of my searches turned up the tragedy in
my area of Southern Ontario but I got a LOT of hits about people dying
in septic tanks from a variety of countries around the world!

I think these words from the CBC article are right on the money:
An autopsy is planned this week to investigate whether the deaths were
linked to the fumes or if the three men drowned in human waste, said
police spokesman Const. Ronald McInnis, who warned that ONLY
PROFESSIONALS SHOULD FIX SEPTIC TANKS. [Emphasis added.]

Rhino

Re: Her She Bar

<o6NoK.78936$ntj.76513@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142924&group=rec.arts.tv#142924

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 15:40:03 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 19:40 UTC

On 6/10/2022 12:22 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <c7KoK.221181$zgr9.205411@fx13.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/10/2022 6:04 AM, chromebook test wrote:
>
>>> Two people rescued after falling in tank full of chocolate in Pennsylvania
>>> By Amy Simonson, June 9, 2022
>
>>> https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/09/us/chocolate-tank-rescue-pennsylvania/index.h
>>> tml
>>
>> Mars, not Hershey. You wasted a good pun.
>>
>> Fire crews couldn't pull them out? And had to cut a hole in the side?
>> Are we sure it was chocolate and not taffy?...
>
> You occasionally hear stories like this and I can't imagine why no one
> welds ladder rungs on the inside of tanks where there's a danger of this
> sort of thing happening. Unless the hapless person is knocked
> unconscious, they could easily climb back out if there were rungs in
> there.

I'm having trouble imagining the viscosity of the chocolate that would
produce the scenario described: ...they can't climb out ...they don't
immediately submerge ...they can't be pulled out. Quik-sand?...

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Her She Bar