From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-10 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 08:59:17 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 15:59 UTC

On 6/11/2022 6:35 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
snip

> Then the Tubi suggested to me…
>
> THE GREATEST AMERICAN HEROINE
>
> The legendary pilot for a remake of the original series.
>
> Oh my God it’s terrible.

I have the Greatest American Hero DVD sets which includes this episode.
I *know* I must have watched it, but I have no memory of it. Odds are
it's the only episode in the set I've watched seeing as how seasons 2
and 3 are still in the shrinkwrap.

I watched:

The Blacklist - "Marvin Gerard: Conclusion, Part 1" - Penultimate
episode from a few weeks ago. This one pretty much lays out the entire
backstory of what happened this season and why. It was OK.

Josie and the Pussycats (blu-ray) 2001 live action musical comedy
starring Rachel Leigh Cook, Rosario Dawson, and Tara Reid. They are a
small town rock band that stumble into an evil plot for world domination
run by the music industry. I love this movie! It holds up great. This
is one of *many* movies I had planned to watch last year but had to hold
off on watching because my screen hadn't been installed yet. I'm glad I
held off on watching because it looks great on the big screen. I
actually met Rachel Leigh Cook a few years ago at a convention and got
her autograph on a Josie picture. She was super sweet.

Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (blu-ray) 2016 musical mokumentarty
(think "This Is Spinal Tap") starring Andy Samberg as a Justin Bieber /
Timberlake type who leaves his hit music group to go solo with all the
ups and downs that follow. I haven't watched this since it was
originally in the theater, but it's been on my watch list for a while.
I was surprised to see the movie was *full* of SNL cast members, in
particular I noticed Chris Redd who co-stars in the movie and has been
starring on SNL for a few years now, but wasn't on SNL at the time this
movie came out. I wonder if this movie opened the door for him to get
on SNL or was he already on their radar.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (Paramount+) "Lift Us Where Suffering
Cannot Reach" - I forgot to mention this from the other day. At this
point I don't think there is any way to argue that they aren't just flat
out remaking old episode. This is 6 for 6! This week's remake involves
The Enterprise visiting a planet with a city in the clouds where the
inhabitants live the good life at other's expense. Meanwhile the
captain of the Enterprise hooks up with the alien of the week.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-06-10 (Friday)

<t83b55$gd4$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142963&group=rec.arts.tv#142963

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 17:14:31 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 00:14 UTC

On 6/11/2022 3:17 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>> In article <t82e4n$tgs$1@dont-email.me>, Arthur Lipscomb
>> <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On 6/11/2022 6:35 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>>> snip

>>> I have the Greatest American Hero DVD sets which includes this episode.
>>> I *know* I must have watched it, but I have no memory of it. Odds are
>>> it's the only episode in the set I've watched seeing as how seasons 2
>>> and 3 are still in the shrinkwrap.
>>

>> "Heroine" eventually made it into syndication as the final episode of
>> the series. It was never seen until FX reran the series upon the
>> network's launch in 1994.
>>
>> I liked The Greatest American Hero very much. I might have mentioned
>> that it's one of the things that got me through night school while I
>> was getting my bachelor's.
>>

> I liked it. Women hated it. Women hated it so much that if you mentioned
> you watched it you would never get smoochies again.

A sample group of one (i.e. _you_) is not a valid basis for a scientific
conclusion. Where's your control group to rule out other causes of
smoochielessness?

dirty old man.