Amnesia used to be my favorite word, but then I forgot it.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: The cowardly lions of Fox news.

SubjectAuthor
* Re: The cowardly lions of Fox news.moviePig
`* Re: The cowardly lions of Fox news.moviePig
 +* Re: The cowardly lions of Fox news.moviePig
 |`* Re: The cowardly lions of Fox news.moviePig
 | +- Re: The cowardly lions of Fox news.suzeeq
 | `- Re: The cowardly lions of Fox news.moviePig
 `* Re: The cowardly lions of Fox news.Dimensional Traveler
  `* Re: The cowardly lions of Fox news.moviePig
   `- Re: The cowardly lions of Fox news.moviePig

1
Re: The cowardly lions of Fox news.

<U_npK.68068$ssF.66987@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142980&group=rec.arts.tv#142980

Subject: Re: The cowardly lions of Fox news.
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 11:54:27 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 15:54 UTC

On 6/12/2022 11:25 AM, NoBody wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Jun 2022 04:07:06 -0500, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:
>
>> https://www.rawstory.com/fox-didn-t-have-a-choice-but-to-bury-the-j6-hearings-because-the-evidence-implicates-their-own-network-nyt-reporter/
>>
>> Fox 'didn't have a choice' but to bury the J6 hearings — because the
>> evidence implicates their own network: reporter
>
> Why should Fox carry a show trial where they stacked the Dems stacked
> the deck and removed people who might have asked difficult questions?
> It reminds me of the McCarthy hearings.

Which such people were "removed"?

Re: The cowardly lions of Fox news.

<IcqpK.129150$5fVf.81649@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142984&group=rec.arts.tv#142984

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 14:25:44 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 18:25 UTC

On 6/12/2022 12:38 PM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 6/12/2022 8:54 AM, moviePig wrote:

>>> Why should Fox carry a show trial where they stacked the Dems stacked
>>> the deck and removed people who might have asked difficult questions?
>>> It reminds me of the McCarthy hearings.
>>
>> Which such people were "removed"?
>>
> Two of the originally proposed republicans voted against impeaching
> trump. Though many of the Rs who were apalled at what happened in the
> following days, also voted against impeachment.

Were they removed, against their will, from the Jan6 committee?

Re: The cowardly lions of Fox news.

<FJtpK.7897$x7oc.6501@fx01.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142986&group=rec.arts.tv#142986

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 18:25:41 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 22:25 UTC

On 6/12/2022 4:38 PM, trotsky wrote:
> On 6/12/2022 2:26 PM, suzeeq wrote:

>>> Were they removed, against their will, from the Jan6 committee?
>>>
>> No, just rejected by Pelosi. It was thought that they might obstruct
>> the investigation.
>
> What the fuck, pig?  Hall monitor suzee doesn't know anything.  Pelosi
> rejected right wing assholes from being on the committee such as Gym
> Jordan who were already implicated in the insurrection.  Charlie
> McCarthy immediately started whining even though it was *obviously* the
> right thing to do.  You can't trust these assholes to do the right thing
> and recuse themselves so you just have to tell them to fuck off.

What obstructive power would they have had as committee members? I
don't see that they can be disqualified for being probable assholes.

Re: The cowardly lions of Fox news.

<t85sak$tpf$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142987&group=rec.arts.tv#142987

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 16:19:51 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 23:19 UTC

On 6/12/2022 12:26 PM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 6/12/2022 11:25 AM, moviePig wrote:

>>> Two of the originally proposed republicans voted against impeaching
>>> trump. Though many of the Rs who were apalled at what happened in the
>>> following days, also voted against impeachment.
>>
>> Were they removed, against their will, from the Jan6 committee?
>>
> No, just rejected by Pelosi. It was thought that they might obstruct the
> investigation.

Since they were submitted by the Minority Leader specifically to
obstruct and sabotage it that's a pretty good thought.

dirty old man.

Re: The cowardly lions of Fox news.

<OzxpK.129177$5fVf.36978@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142990&group=rec.arts.tv#142990

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 22:48:12 -0400
 by: moviePig - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 02:48 UTC

On 6/12/2022 8:26 PM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 6/12/2022 3:25 PM, moviePig wrote:

>>> What the fuck, pig?  Hall monitor suzee doesn't know anything.
>>> Pelosi rejected right wing assholes from being on the committee such
>>> as Gym Jordan who were already implicated in the insurrection.
>>> Charlie McCarthy immediately started whining even though it was
>>> *obviously* the right thing to do.  You can't trust these assholes to
>>> do the right thing and recuse themselves so you just have to tell
>>> them to fuck off.
>>
>> What obstructive power would they have had as committee members?  I
>> don't see that they can be disqualified for being probable assholes.
>>
> They could hinder an investigation pretty well.

Unless they'd have something akin to veto/filibuster power (which I
doubt), all they could do is withhold unanimity. I'm sure there's an
aspect here I'm not getting, but I'm not getting it...

Re: The cowardly lions of Fox news.

<0CxpK.129178$5fVf.48575@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142991&group=rec.arts.tv#142991

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 22:50:36 -0400
 by: moviePig - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 02:50 UTC

On 6/12/2022 7:19 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 6/12/2022 12:26 PM, suzeeq wrote:

>>> Were they removed, against their will, from the Jan6 committee?
>>>
>> No, just rejected by Pelosi. It was thought that they might obstruct
>> the investigation.
>
> Since they were submitted by the Minority Leader specifically to
> obstruct and sabotage it that's a pretty good thought.

But how could they? E.g., maybe they were submitted to be rejected...

Re: The cowardly lions of Fox news.

<t86g30$1j59$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142994&group=rec.arts.tv#142994

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 21:57:03 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 04:57 UTC

On 6/12/2022 7:48 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 6/12/2022 8:26 PM, suzeeq wrote:

>>> What obstructive power would they have had as committee members?  I
>>> don't see that they can be disqualified for being probable assholes.
>>>
>> They could hinder an investigation pretty well.
>
> Unless they'd have something akin to veto/filibuster power (which I
> doubt), all they could do is withhold unanimity.  I'm sure there's an
> aspect here I'm not getting, but I'm not getting it...

I dunno. But maybe they could have bogged it down and drawn it out till
next year. Getting nowhere.

Re: The cowardly lions of Fox news.

<5RHpK.40745$kaDc.16511@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142997&group=rec.arts.tv#142997

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 10:29:20 -0400
 by: moviePig - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 14:29 UTC

On 6/13/2022 3:20 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 6/12/2022 9:48 PM, moviePig wrote:

>>> They could hinder an investigation pretty well.
>>
>> Unless they'd have something akin to veto/filibuster power (which I
>> doubt), all they could do is withhold unanimity.  I'm sure there's an
>> aspect here I'm not getting, but I'm not getting it...
>

> Hey it's not your fault, you just need some more knowledge here.  If you
> know how to use a search engine, see if you can find some information on
> when people are supposed to recuse themselves in legal proceedings.  Now
> take this information and extrapolate to the Jan 6th committee, where
> pieces of shit like Jordan would never recuse himself because he's
> maxxed out on how corrupt he is, you can't get any more corrupt that
> being absolutely corrupt.  What good could he possibly do on the
> committee?  None.  Compare what he stands for to what Liz Cheney said.
> She was at least showing a semblance of having justice in mind, and did
> a good job presenting this.
>
> https://www.npr.org/2021/07/21/1018850848/pelosi-rejects-2-gop-nominees-for-the-jan-6-panel-citing-integrity-of-the-probe
>

> Pelosi Rejects 2 GOP Nominees For The Jan. 6 Panel, Citing The Integrity
> Of The Probe
>
> And so we're clear she rejected exactly two people while there was much
> whining and gnashing of teeth from House Minority Leader Charlie McCarthy.

Yeah, that's clarifying. I suppose rejecting them is more acceptable if
(as she implied) there's concern that they'd, e.g., leak proceedings.

Re: The cowardly lions of Fox news.

<y8mqK.1014$Me2.877@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143030&group=rec.arts.tv#143030

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 10:37:16 -0400
 by: moviePig - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 14:37 UTC

On 6/15/2022 1:55 AM, super70s wrote:
> On 2022-06-13 07:23:57 +0000, trotsky said:

>>> But how could they?  E.g., maybe they were submitted to be rejected...
>>

>> https://www.npr.org/2021/07/19/1018136264/gop-leader-mccarthy-taps-5-republicans-to-serve-on-jan-6-select-committee
>>

>> GOP Leader McCarthy Taps 5 Republicans To Serve On Jan. 6 Select
>> Committee
>>
>> I don't know what happened with the other three, they were probably
>> too scared shitless to do anything.
>
> IIRC McCarthy said either take all 5 or we're taking our marbles and
> going home. Gave him a good excuse to withdraw and claim it's a pure
> partisan exercise.

Ah, that makes more sense ...though I'm still puzzled that a
committee-chair and -majority wouldn't suffice to squash unseemly behavior.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: The cowardly lions of Fox news.