Optimism is the content of small men in high places. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Crack Up"

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Stupidest commercial yet

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Stupidest commercial yetmoviePig
`* Re: Stupidest commercial yetmoviePig
 `* Re: Stupidest commercial yetmoviePig
  +- Re: Stupidest commercial yetDimensional Traveler
  `- Re: Stupidest commercial yetmoviePig

1
Re: Stupidest commercial yet

<Q30rK.196311$vAW9.35321@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143059&group=rec.arts.tv#143059

Subject: Re: Stupidest commercial yet
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 10:19:26 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 17 Jun 2022 14:19 UTC

On 6/17/2022 8:18 AM, A Friend wrote:
> In article
> <99427098.677128007.402494.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
>>> The only way you're going to sell cranberry juice to the mass market is
>>> to convince people that it tastes good and is good for you, which is
>>> pretty much the way they try to sell you anything. It'll help if you
>>> manage to convince people they've become tired of orange juice.
>>>

>> ³Oceanspray Cran apple: it¹s almost as good as plain apple juice!³
>

> LOL.
>
> BTW do kids tend to like cranberry juice? I really have no idea. They
> seem to like eating what's left of the can of cranberry sauce during
> the holidays.
>
> Proper cranberry sauce has rings.

NOBODY likes cranberry juice. Cranberry juice "cocktail" otoh...

Re: Stupidest commercial yet

<nb6rK.8028$%i2.7020@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143067&group=rec.arts.tv#143067

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 17:17:06 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 17 Jun 2022 21:17 UTC

On 6/17/2022 4:51 PM, Eddie Grove wrote:
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> writes:
>
>> On 6/17/2022 8:18 AM, A Friend wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <99427098.677128007.402494.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,

>>> LOL.
>>>
>>> BTW do kids tend to like cranberry juice? I really have no idea. They
>>> seem to like eating what's left of the can of cranberry sauce during
>>> the holidays.
>>>
>>> Proper cranberry sauce has rings.
>>
>> NOBODY likes cranberry juice. Cranberry juice "cocktail" otoh...
>
> Speak for yourself. I don't like sugar water, be it soda or "cocktail"
> or the stuff made with perfume they sell as orange juice.
>
> While I'll sip pure cranberry juice on rare occasion, I usually enjoy it
> mixed with between 3 and 6 parts carbonated water. And no sugar!

Yes, although I call that "tincture of cranberry juice'.

Re: Stupidest commercial yet

<O97rK.790$Dh2.709@fx42.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143068&group=rec.arts.tv#143068

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
<150620221827116161%nope@noway.com> <t8emcb$sg1$4@gioia.aioe.org>
<160620221157206630%nope@noway.com> <t8g8gv$1a1p$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<160620222257517154%nope@noway.com>
<99427098.677128007.402494.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<170620220818288639%nope@noway.com> <Q30rK.196311$vAW9.35321@fx10.iad>
<87mtebj9og.fsf@hotmail.com> <nb6rK.8028$%i2.7020@fx48.iad>
<t8itom$59m$5@gioia.aioe.org>
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 18:23:41 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 17 Jun 2022 22:23 UTC

On 6/17/2022 6:04 PM, trotsky wrote:
> On 6/17/2022 4:17 PM, moviePig wrote:

>>> Speak for yourself. I don't like sugar water, be it soda or "cocktail"
>>> or the stuff made with perfume they sell as orange juice.
>>>
>>> While I'll sip pure cranberry juice on rare occasion, I usually enjoy it
>>> mixed with between 3 and 6 parts carbonated water. And no sugar!
>>
>> Yes, although I call that "tincture of cranberry juice'.
>
> Most people have never had pure cranberry juice.
> I fucking hate misinformation.

The last time I had it, I thought I'd bought and was drinking
pomegranate juice. My mouth turned inside out...

Re: Stupidest commercial yet

<t8j9ci$1o9$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143074&group=rec.arts.tv#143074

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 18:22:28 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 18 Jun 2022 01:22 UTC

On 6/17/2022 6:05 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 17 Jun 2022 18:23:41 -0400, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
>> wrote:

>>> The last time I had it, I thought I'd bought and was drinking
>>> pomegranate juice. My mouth turned inside out...
>>
>> Yes, while I love cranberries cooked on the stove with a bit of sugar
>> (much less than recommended) or in baked goods the one time I bought a
>> drink it didn't turn out so well. It was a cranberry-pomegranate combo
>> that I only bought because it was on sale. I tried drinking it but
>> could even get through one glass.
>>

> And they sell pomegranate juice in the next aisle over.

'Cause no one wants to be next to the cranberrys! :P

dirty old man.

Re: Stupidest commercial yet

<bibrK.101332$ntj.68093@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143075&group=rec.arts.tv#143075

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
<t8itom$59m$5@gioia.aioe.org> <O97rK.790$Dh2.709@fx42.iad>
<t8j045$ull$3@gioia.aioe.org>
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 23:05:42 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 18 Jun 2022 03:05 UTC

On 6/17/2022 6:44 PM, trotsky wrote:
> On 6/17/2022 5:23 PM, moviePig wrote:

>>> Most people have never had pure cranberry juice.
>>> I fucking hate misinformation.
>>
>> The last time I had it, I thought I'd bought and was drinking
>> pomegranate juice.  My mouth turned inside out...
>

> The only way to drink it is too mix it with something else like apple
> juice.

1 to 10 sounds about right...

Yeah, Ocean Spray popularized "Cran-Apple", but even they didn't trust
apple juice to go it alone, i.e., without extra sugar.