From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: "Total Defeat For The Supreme Court Leaker": Megyn Kelly Celebrates SCOTUS Overturning Roe V. Wade
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 04:30:44 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 27 Jun 2022 08:30 UTC

Megyn Kelly trashed the infamously anonymous leaker of the Supreme
Court opinion that signaled the overturning of Roe V. Wade after the
actual decision was revealed on Friday.

The draft opinion, authored by Justice Samuel Alito and leaked to the
public on Monday evening, May 2, by Politico, referred to Dobbs v.
Mississippi (2022), the case considering whether or not Roe v. Wade
(1973), which created out of nothing a Constitutional right to
abortion, ought to be overruled. The draft stated that Roe "was
egregiously wrong from the start" and "we hold that Roe and Casey must
be overruled."

Kelly wrote at the time, "The pathetic spineless leak of a draft SCOTUS
opinion has the feel of something a sad little woke 20-something-year-
old would do. The kind of person who thinks their personal agenda is
'more important.' Whoever did it should lose their law license."

On Friday, Kelly took aim at the leaker again: "Total defeat for the
Supreme Court leaker, whose disgusting tactics failed at stopping this
decision, but hopefully succeeded in ruining his/her future legal
career."

After the draft was leaked, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas
blasted the leaker, snapping, "We are becoming addicted to wanting
particular outcomes, not living with the outcomes we don't like. We
can't be an institution that can be bullied into giving you just the
outcomes you want. The events from earlier this week are a symptom of
that."

Former Attorney General William Barr appeared on Kelly's podcast, where
he stated, "I was flabbergasted. It really is unprecedented. Our
institutions have become increasingly politicized, but I never imagined
this could happen to the Supreme Court, which has always protected its
confidentiality. And for someone to let this out in order to influence
the final decision is really beyond the pale."

Barr added that he believed that criminal charges were likely necessary
in order "to compel the truth" and that the leaker could potentially be
prosecuted for obstruction of justice.

Referencing Supreme Court Chief justice John Roberts, Barr continued,
""I think the chief would have had the option, and perhaps he still
will, to appoint a special counsel. Not in the classical criminal
sense, but the court can appoint a counsel and he could bring in a
former U.S. attorney or someone with a criminal law background. And I'm
sure he would get the support he needed from the FBI or any other law
enforcement agency."

--
Let's go Brandon!

arts / rec.arts.tv / "Total Defeat For The Supreme Court Leaker": Megyn Kelly Celebrates SCOTUS Overturning Roe V. Wade