What the world *really* needs is a good Automatic Bicycle Sharpener.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: [OT] China's Sinister Role in Roe vs. Wade

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] China's Sinister Role in Roe vs. WadeRhino
+* Re: [OT] China's Sinister Role in Roe vs. Wadesuzeeq
|`- Re: [OT] China's Sinister Role in Roe vs. WadeUbiquitous
+* Re: [OT] China's Sinister Role in Roe vs. WadeThe Horny Goat
|+- Re: [OT] China's Sinister Role in Roe vs. WadeDimensional Traveler
|`- Re: [OT] China's Sinister Role in Roe vs. WadeRhino
+- Re: [OT] China's Sinister Role in Roe vs. WadeUbiquitous
`- Re: [OT] China's Sinister Role in Roe vs. WadeEd Stasiak

1
[OT] China's Sinister Role in Roe vs. Wade

<t9ias5$1hc8a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143790&group=rec.arts.tv#143790

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] China's Sinister Role in Roe vs. Wade
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 15:57:55 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 19:57 UTC

I used the title of the video verbatim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxOfQjeJpRU [12 minutes]

Despite the title, this is *not* a conspiracy theory about how China
somehow caused the Supreme Court to overturn Roe vs. Wade. It's about
how people protesting the overturning of Roe vs. Wade are pointing to
China as an example of a country that is actively protecting womens'
rights to abortion and how utterly and massively wrong that argument is.

The presenter does NOT take a position for or against abortion: he
explains how China's policies since the Communists took over have been
utterly *opposed* to any real recognition of womens' control over their
own bodies.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] China's Sinister Role in Roe vs. Wade

<t9iavu$r3nn$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143792&group=rec.arts.tv#143792

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] China's Sinister Role in Roe vs. Wade
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 12:59:57 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 19:59 UTC

On 6/29/2022 12:57 PM, Rhino wrote:
> I used the title of the video verbatim:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxOfQjeJpRU [12 minutes]
>
> Despite the title, this is *not* a conspiracy theory about how China
> somehow caused the Supreme Court to overturn Roe vs. Wade. It's about
> how people protesting the overturning of Roe vs. Wade are pointing to
> China as an example of a country that is actively protecting womens'
> rights to abortion and how utterly and massively wrong that argument is.
>
> The presenter does NOT take a position for or against abortion: he
> explains how China's policies since the Communists took over have been
> utterly *opposed* to any real recognition of womens' control over their
> own bodies.

Yeah, wrong example to use for that argument.

Re: [OT] China's Sinister Role in Roe vs. Wade

<a41qbhplgerr3eqvufjaht645ech1pa82p@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143847&group=rec.arts.tv#143847

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 19:05:59 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 02:05 UTC

On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 15:57:55 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>I used the title of the video verbatim:
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxOfQjeJpRU [12 minutes]
>
>Despite the title, this is *not* a conspiracy theory about how China
>somehow caused the Supreme Court to overturn Roe vs. Wade. It's about
>how people protesting the overturning of Roe vs. Wade are pointing to
>China as an example of a country that is actively protecting womens'
>rights to abortion and how utterly and massively wrong that argument is.
>
>The presenter does NOT take a position for or against abortion: he
>explains how China's policies since the Communists took over have been
>utterly *opposed* to any real recognition of womens' control over their
>own bodies.

That would be an extremely dangerous argument for an abortion
proponent to use given China's record of non-voluntary abortion both
in relation to the One Child Policy and with Tibetans and Uighurs.

Are these people REALLY so committed to "the cause" that they'd
embrace anything related to those issues?

Re: [OT] China's Sinister Role in Roe vs. Wade

<t9j4pc$1ml5j$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143863&group=rec.arts.tv#143863

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 20:20:15 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 03:20 UTC

On 6/29/2022 7:05 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 15:57:55 -0400, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> I used the title of the video verbatim:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxOfQjeJpRU [12 minutes]
>>
>> Despite the title, this is *not* a conspiracy theory about how China
>> somehow caused the Supreme Court to overturn Roe vs. Wade. It's about
>> how people protesting the overturning of Roe vs. Wade are pointing to
>> China as an example of a country that is actively protecting womens'
>> rights to abortion and how utterly and massively wrong that argument is.
>>
>> The presenter does NOT take a position for or against abortion: he
>> explains how China's policies since the Communists took over have been
>> utterly *opposed* to any real recognition of womens' control over their
>> own bodies.
>
> That would be an extremely dangerous argument for an abortion
> proponent to use given China's record of non-voluntary abortion both
> in relation to the One Child Policy and with Tibetans and Uighurs.
>
> Are these people REALLY so committed to "the cause" that they'd
> embrace anything related to those issues?

There are always some on both sides that will do that.

dirty old man.

Re: [OT] China's Sinister Role in Roe vs. Wade

<t9jj2o$1nqba$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143909&group=rec.arts.tv#143909

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 03:24:03 -0400
 by: Rhino - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 07:24 UTC

On 2022-06-29 10:05 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 15:57:55 -0400, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> I used the title of the video verbatim:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxOfQjeJpRU [12 minutes]
>>
>> Despite the title, this is *not* a conspiracy theory about how China
>> somehow caused the Supreme Court to overturn Roe vs. Wade. It's about
>> how people protesting the overturning of Roe vs. Wade are pointing to
>> China as an example of a country that is actively protecting womens'
>> rights to abortion and how utterly and massively wrong that argument is.
>>
>> The presenter does NOT take a position for or against abortion: he
>> explains how China's policies since the Communists took over have been
>> utterly *opposed* to any real recognition of womens' control over their
>> own bodies.
>
> That would be an extremely dangerous argument for an abortion
> proponent to use given China's record of non-voluntary abortion both
> in relation to the One Child Policy and with Tibetans and Uighurs.
>
> Are these people REALLY so committed to "the cause" that they'd
> embrace anything related to those issues?

The video includes clips of protestors who are doing exactly that so I
think the answer to your question has to be a resounding "yes". But
maybe it is only a few outliers that are using that argument; I really
don't know.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] China's Sinister Role in Roe vs. Wade

<t9kmm5$1vevl$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144002&group=rec.arts.tv#144002

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 13:31:48 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 17:31 UTC

no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:

>I used the title of the video verbatim:
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxOfQjeJpRU [12 minutes]
>
>Despite the title, this is *not* a conspiracy theory about how China
>somehow caused the Supreme Court to overturn Roe vs. Wade. It's about
>how people protesting the overturning of Roe vs. Wade are pointing to
>China as an example of a country that is actively protecting womens'
>rights to abortion and how utterly and massively wrong that argument is.

Oh mah gawd, are there people who actually believe that nonsense, besides
America's Cutest Commie?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: [OT] China's Sinister Role in Roe vs. Wade

<t9kmnr$1vevl$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144003&group=rec.arts.tv#144003

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 13:32:43 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 17:32 UTC

In article <t9iavu$r3nn$1@solani.org>, suzee@imbris.com wrote:
> On 6/29/2022 12:57 PM, Rhino wrote:

>> I used the title of the video verbatim:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxOfQjeJpRU [12 minutes]
>>
>> Despite the title, this is *not* a conspiracy theory about how China
>> somehow caused the Supreme Court to overturn Roe vs. Wade. It's about
>> how people protesting the overturning of Roe vs. Wade are pointing to
>> China as an example of a country that is actively protecting womens'
>> rights to abortion and how utterly and massively wrong that argument is.
>>
>> The presenter does NOT take a position for or against abortion: he
>> explains how China's policies since the Communists took over have been
>> utterly *opposed* to any real recognition of womens' control over their
>> own bodies.
>
>Yeah, wrong example to use for that argument.

I remember several Dems who think we should be like China.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: [OT] China's Sinister Role in Roe vs. Wade

<b9a451d1-6e26-4920-a01a-802c3b87a6f7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144006&group=rec.arts.tv#144006

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 10:49:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 17:49 UTC

> Rhino
>
> The presenter does NOT take a position for or against abortion: he
> explains how China's policies since the Communists took over have been
> utterly *opposed* to any real recognition of womens' control over their
> own bodies.

Chinese women ought to get a constitutional amendment passed...