From: emailT...@fractalicious.com (Band Beyond Youall)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gdead
Subject: Blues for Steve and Eydie
Date: 8 Mar 2024 00:49:29 GMT
 by: Band Beyond Youall - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 00:49 UTC

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/07/arts/music/steve-lawrence-dead.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare&sgrp=c-cb

Steve Lawrence, Who Sang His Listeners Down Memory Lane, Dies at 88
With his wife, Eydie Gorme, and sometimes on his own, he kept pop standards
in vogue long past their prime. He also acted on television and on
Broadway.

She: “Can I say something?”

He: “Could I ever stop you?”

She: “All the people out there tonight, or most of them, are our age. We’re
playing to people like us. The reality is we are who we are. We can’t be
anyone but Steve and Eydie.”