It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech. -- Mark Twain

arts / rec.arts.tv / Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Page

SubjectAuthor
* Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. PageRhino
+* Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. PageBTR1701
|+* Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. PageRhino
||+* Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. PageBTR1701
|||`- Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Pagetrotsky
||`* Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. PageBTR1701
|| `- Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Pagetrotsky
|+- Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. PageAdam H. Kerman
|+- Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Pagetrotsky
|`- Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. PageUbiquitous
+- Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Pageanim8rfsk
+* Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. PagemoviePig
|`- Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Pagetrotsky
+- Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. PageUbiquitous
`- Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Pagetrotsky

1
Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Page

<t9nb6k$2ap9g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144172&group=rec.arts.tv#144172

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Page
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 13:34:10 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 17:34 UTC

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/jordan-peterson-twitter-ban

I'm at a loss to see how Peterson's Tweet actually violated their
hateful conduct policy so I fully support his determination not to
delete the problematic Tweet.

--
Rhino

Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Page

<atropos-D6DE78.10501901072022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144183&group=rec.arts.tv#144183

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 10:50:19 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 17:50 UTC

In article <t9nb6k$2ap9g$1@dont-email.me>,

> https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/jordan-peterson-twitter-ban
>
> I'm at a loss to see how Peterson's Tweet actually violated their
> hateful conduct policy so I fully support his determination not to
> delete the problematic Tweet.

Tik-Tok also banned the Babylon Bee for no stated reason. Just turned of
their account with no comment.

Apparently if you lampoon enough leftists, that in and of itself is a
violation of the rules.

Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Page

<1170672641.678391323.434059.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144186&group=rec.arts.tv#144186

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 11:08:29 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 18:08 UTC

> https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/jordan-peterson-twitter-ban
>
> I'm at a loss to see how Peterson's Tweet actually violated their
> hateful conduct policy so I fully support his determination not to
> delete the problematic Tweet.

It sounds like he took a shot at the surgeon, not page. I agree with you
completely.

Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Page

<t9ndl0$2b271$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144189&group=rec.arts.tv#144189

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 14:15:59 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 18:15 UTC

On 2022-07-01 1:50 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <t9nb6k$2ap9g$1@dont-email.me>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/jordan-peterson-twitter-ban
>>
>> I'm at a loss to see how Peterson's Tweet actually violated their
>> hateful conduct policy so I fully support his determination not to
>> delete the problematic Tweet.
>
> Tik-Tok also banned the Babylon Bee for no stated reason. Just turned of
> their account with no comment.
>
> Apparently if you lampoon enough leftists, that in and of itself is a
> violation of the rules.

You don't need to lampoon the left to feel their rage: just disagree
with them in any way about any detail and they try to cast you out of
the circle of the righteous, which, of course, is them and only them.

--
Rhino

Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Page

<atropos-4755C2.11241701072022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144193&group=rec.arts.tv#144193

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 11:24:17 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 18:24 UTC

In article <t9ndl0$2b271$1@dont-email.me>,

> On 2022-07-01 1:50 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <t9nb6k$2ap9g$1@dont-email.me>,
> > Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
> >
> >> https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/jordan-peterson-twitter-ban
> >>
> >> I'm at a loss to see how Peterson's Tweet actually violated their
> >> hateful conduct policy so I fully support his determination not to
> >> delete the problematic Tweet.
> >
> > Tik-Tok also banned the Babylon Bee for no stated reason. Just turned of
> > their account with no comment.
> >
> > Apparently if you lampoon enough leftists, that in and of itself is a
> > violation of the rules.
>
> You don't need to lampoon the left to feel their rage: just disagree
> with them in any way about any detail and they try to cast you out of
> the circle of the righteous, which, of course, is them and only them.

I notice that Twitter now not only requires you to delete the offending
tweet to get your account back, but it says that by deleting it, you
agree that you broke their nebulous rules that they won't explain to
anyone.

If you deleted the tweet, then once they restored your account, you
pinned a new one that says, "I only deleted the tweet to get access to
my account restored. I do not admit violating Twitter rules." I wonder
if they would re-suspend you for invalidating their forced admission of
guilt.

Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Page

<xfudnTZAF69kzSL_nZ2dnUU7-W-dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144209&group=rec.arts.tv#144209

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 14:54:33 -0500
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 19:54 UTC

On Jul 1, 2022 at 11:15:59 AM PDT, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
wrote:

> On 2022-07-01 1:50 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <t9nb6k$2ap9g$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>>
>>> https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/jordan-peterson-twitter-ban
>>>
>>> I'm at a loss to see how Peterson's Tweet actually violated their
>>> hateful conduct policy so I fully support his determination not to
>>> delete the problematic Tweet.
>>
>> Tik-Tok also banned the Babylon Bee for no stated reason. Just turned of
>> their account with no comment.
>>
>> Apparently if you lampoon enough leftists, that in and of itself is a
>> violation of the rules.
>
> You don't need to lampoon the left to feel their rage: just disagree
> with them in any way about any detail and they try to cast you out of
> the circle of the righteous, which, of course, is them and only them.

Our jokes are hate speech and incitement. Their hate speech and incitement are
. . . just speech.

Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Page

<t9npon$6vm$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144227&group=rec.arts.tv#144227

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 16:42:45 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 21:42 UTC

On 7/1/2022 2:54 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jul 1, 2022 at 11:15:59 AM PDT, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-07-01 1:50 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Tik-Tok also banned the Babylon Bee for no stated reason. Just turned of
>>> their account with no comment.
>>>
>>> Apparently if you lampoon enough leftists, that in and of itself is a
>>> violation of the rules.
>>
>> You don't need to lampoon the left to feel their rage: just disagree
>> with them in any way about any detail and they try to cast you out of
>> the circle of the righteous, which, of course, is them and only them.
>
> Our jokes are hate speech and incitement. Their hate speech and incitement are
> . . . just speech.

If you're fucked in the head, you'll think Twitter is the final arbiter
of something. What you're really saying is Truth Social is just a pile
of shit and Twitter is where it's at. Sucks to be you, Derp.

Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Page

<t9o9d3$2gjt0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144246&group=rec.arts.tv#144246

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 02:09:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 2 Jul 2022 02:09 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/jordan-peterson-twitter-ban

>>I'm at a loss to see how Peterson's Tweet actually violated their
>>hateful conduct policy so I fully support his determination not to
>>delete the problematic Tweet.

>Tik-Tok also banned the Babylon Bee for no stated reason. Just turned of
>their account with no comment.

I can't search for this. It "helpfully" changes it to the Twitter ban
from a few months ago.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/21/twitter-suspends-babylon-bee-over-rachel-levine-man-of-the-year-title/

https://babylonbee.com/news/twitter-has-shut-down-the-bee

This came later:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/babylon-bee-skit-mocks-twitter-employees-as-sensitive-gets-flagged-by-twitter-for-sensitive-content/ar-AAWHHpf

>Apparently if you lampoon enough leftists, that in and of itself is a
>violation of the rules.

Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Page

<bbOvK.373111$JVi.87930@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144251&group=rec.arts.tv#144251

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 22:36:54 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 2 Jul 2022 02:36 UTC

On 7/1/2022 1:34 PM, Rhino wrote:
> https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/jordan-peterson-twitter-ban
>
> I'm at a loss to see how Peterson's Tweet actually violated their
> hateful conduct policy so I fully support his determination not to
> delete the problematic Tweet.

Umm, he called them homosexual criminals. If "hate speech" is to be
banned, it's hard to think of a more direct route...

Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Page

<ko-dnQ6zeYtCLyL_nZ2dnUU7-N-dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144252&group=rec.arts.tv#144252

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 22:51:42 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 2 Jul 2022 02:51 UTC

no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:

>https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/jordan-peterson-twitter-ban
>
>I'm at a loss to see how Peterson's Tweet actually violated their
>hateful conduct policy so I fully support his determination not to
>delete the problematic Tweet.

Ellen Page is a liar and a lunatic.

She claimed to have confronted Ted Cruz about his homophobia but
unedited footage from him showed her haranguing he and his family at a
state fair before running away.

She also once bragged about how brave she was for "coming out" in
Hollywood. Umm, yeah.

--
Let's go, Brandon!

Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Page

<t9optf$1tkv$5@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144276&group=rec.arts.tv#144276

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 01:51:26 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sat, 2 Jul 2022 06:51 UTC

On 7/1/2022 6:36 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Friday, 1 July 2022 at 13:34:16 UTC-4, Rhino wrote:
>> https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/jordan-peterson-twitter-ban
>>
>> I'm at a loss to see how Peterson's Tweet actually violated their
>> hateful conduct policy so I fully support his determination not to
>> delete the problematic Tweet.
>>
>> --
>> Rhino
>
> I never thought we'd see a time when a doctor would mutilate someone who has a mental problem.

Why, what was done to you?

Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Page

<t9oqkv$c5m$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144280&group=rec.arts.tv#144280

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 02:03:58 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sat, 2 Jul 2022 07:03 UTC

On 7/1/2022 9:36 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 7/1/2022 1:34 PM, Rhino wrote:
>> https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/jordan-peterson-twitter-ban
>>
>> I'm at a loss to see how Peterson's Tweet actually violated their
>> hateful conduct policy so I fully support his determination not to
>> delete the problematic Tweet.
>
> Umm, he called them homosexual criminals.  If "hate speech" is to be
> banned, it's hard to think of a more direct route...

"Homosexual criminals?" He's claiming they're stealing homosexuality?

Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Page

<t9osdc$tom$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144284&group=rec.arts.tv#144284

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 02:34:03 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sat, 2 Jul 2022 07:34 UTC

On 7/1/2022 1:24 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <t9ndl0$2b271$1@dont-email.me>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-07-01 1:50 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Tik-Tok also banned the Babylon Bee for no stated reason. Just turned of
>>> their account with no comment.
>>>
>>> Apparently if you lampoon enough leftists, that in and of itself is a
>>> violation of the rules.
>>
>> You don't need to lampoon the left to feel their rage: just disagree
>> with them in any way about any detail and they try to cast you out of
>> the circle of the righteous, which, of course, is them and only them.
>
> I notice that Twitter now not only requires you to delete the offending
> tweet to get your account back, but it says that by deleting it, you
> agree that you broke their nebulous rules that they won't explain to
> anyone.
>
> If you deleted the tweet, then once they restored your account, you
> pinned a new one that says, "I only deleted the tweet to get access to
> my account restored. I do not admit violating Twitter rules." I wonder
> if they would re-suspend you for invalidating their forced admission of
> guilt.

Awful. You should stick to Truth Social and 4chan.

Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Page

<t9ova1$1sb$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144290&group=rec.arts.tv#144290

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 03:23:28 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sat, 2 Jul 2022 08:23 UTC

On 7/1/2022 12:50 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <t9nb6k$2ap9g$1@dont-email.me>,
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/jordan-peterson-twitter-ban
>>
>> I'm at a loss to see how Peterson's Tweet actually violated their
>> hateful conduct policy so I fully support his determination not to
>> delete the problematic Tweet.
>
> Tik-Tok also banned the Babylon Bee for no stated reason. Just turned of
> their account with no comment.
>
> Apparently if you lampoon enough leftists, that in and of itself is a
> violation of the rules.

Yeah, and the weird thing is how badly the right wing assholes want
something we've got. Nobody's clamoring to get on Trump's pile o' shit.
So yes I do agree it sucks to be you.

Re: Jordan Peterson Twitter-banned due to remark about E. Page

<t9ph27$2ke2b$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144307&group=rec.arts.tv#144307

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 04:30:44 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 2 Jul 2022 08:30 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>> I'm at a loss to see how Peterson's Tweet actually violated their
>> hateful conduct policy so I fully support his determination not to
>> delete the problematic Tweet.
>
>Tik-Tok also banned the Babylon Bee for no stated reason. Just turned of
>their account with no comment.
>
>Apparently if you lampoon enough leftists, that in and of itself is a
>violation of the rules.

Like I've always said, leftists have the least sense of humor.

--
Let's go Brandon!