Newsgroups: rec.arts.books.childrens
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 07:38:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: R.I.P. Sheila M. Kelly, 88, in Aug. 2019 (Canadian-born writer:
Shades of People, 2009)
From: lenona...@yahoo.com (Lenona)
 by: Lenona - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 14:38 UTC

Oops! Somehow, I didn't find this 2019 obit back in February.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/gazettenet/name/sheila-kelly-obituary?pid=193735867

Most of it:

Dr. Sheila Margaret Kelly, formerly of Greenfield, Massachusetts, died in Nova Scotia, Canada on August 19, 2019.

Sheila was born in 1931 in North Battleford, Saskatchewan, Canada. Her parents were from Scotland and the Isle of Man. As a young woman, she traveled alone to "The States" to pursue her goal of becoming a clinical child psychologist. She settled in Massachusetts, where she raised three daughters and completed doctoral studies at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.

She loved her work, and was known for her dedication to the well-being of children and her understanding of challenges faced by parents and teachers. In addition to private practice, she consulted at schools and clinics around western Massachusetts, including Smith College Campus School, The Common School, and Children's Aid and Family Services. She also co-authored numerous picture books dealing with issues in children's lives.

Sheila was a lifelong learner in every sense, feeding her eager mind with readings on subjects ranging from world religions to Victorian fiction to the environment. Learning was, for her, one of life's greatest joys. She also found joy in her beautiful grandchildren, nature and fresh air, poetry and classical music, thoughtful conversations, and friendships sustained over many years....