From: art...@munged.invalid (Arthur T.)
Newsgroups: rec.music.filk
Subject: New filk: Give me Cheese
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 20:49:02 -0400
 by: Arthur T. - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 00:49 UTC

Title: Give me Cheese
ttto: Let It Be by John Lennon & Paul McCartney

When I think it surely isn't mealtime,
My pet hamster comes to me
Squeaking words beseeching, "Give me cheese"
And though I have just fed her,
She wants more now from me, that's her plea
Squeaking words beseeching, "Give me cheese"

Give me cheese, give me cheese, give me cheese, give me cheese
Squeaking words beseeching, "Give me cheese"

And if I give in then I know that
My pet mice will come to me
Squeaking words beseeching, "Give us cheese"
Yet they are more polite and
All of them say to me "Pretty please"
Squeaking words beseeching, "Give us cheese"

Give us cheese, give us cheese, give us cheese, give us cheese
Squeaking words beseeching, "Give us cheese"

But when I am unhappy
They all come around and cuddle me
They are there for me, not just my cheese
To cheer me up they lick my cheeks and
Rub their fur across my knees
Squeaking words beseeching, "Cheer up please"

I'm their friend. They're my friends. It's not just based on
cheese.
I feel blessed; I know they give me ease.

My lyrics copyright 2023 by Arthur Tansky. License granted for
non-commercial, non-political archiving and performance as long as:
1. copyright notice is maintained, and
2. no money changes hands.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Guessing a lyricist's opinions from his songs is as futile as
guessing an author's opinions from his novels.