To any truly impartial person, it would be obvious that I am always right.

arts / rec.arts.tv / July 16-22: Robin’s selected programming for the week

SubjectAuthor
* July 16-22: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+* Re: July 16-22: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
|+* Re: Re: July 16-22: Robin’s selectedAdam H. Kerman
||`- Re: July 16-22: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
|`- Re: Re: July 16-22: Robin’s selected programming for the weekA Friend
+* Re: July 16-22: Robin??? selected programming for the weekBTR1701
|+- Re: July 16-22: Robin's selected programming for the weekAdam H. Kerman
|`- Re: July 16-22: Robin� selected programming for the weekIan J. Ball
+* Re: July 16-22: Robin?s selected programming for the weekshawn
|`- Re: July 16-22: Robin?s selected programming for the weekMicky DuPree
+- Re: July 16-22: Robin’s selected programming for the weekIan J. Ball
`* Re: July 16-22: Robin?s selected programming for the weekYour Name
 `- Re: July 16-22: Robin?s selected programming for the weekNyssa

1
July 16-22: Robin’s selected programming for the week

<495263940.679595029.609319.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147115&group=rec.arts.tv#147115

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: July 16-22: Robin’s selected
programming for the week
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 09:29:18 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 15 Jul 2022 16:29 UTC

July 16-22: Robin’s selected programming for the week

Saturday, July 16

Flowers in the Attic: The Origin (part 2: The Mother) (movie) (8
pm, Lifetime Channel)

The story of the headstrong and determined Olivia Winfield [Jemina Rooper
from Hex] who is working alongside her beloved father when she finds
herself unexpectedly wooed by one of the nation's most eligible bachelors,
Malcom Foxworth [Max Irons]. After a whirlwind romance, Olivia finds
herself as the mistress of the imposing Foxworth Hall, where she soon
discovers that the fairytale life she expected has quickly become a
nightmare. Also stars Kelsey Grammer, Harry Hamlin, Kate Mulgrew and
others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8RrdgP5rxk

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15399596/

https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/flowers-in-the-attic-the-origin/season-1/episode-2

This is the second film in a 4-part series airing on consecutive weeks:

https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/flowers-in-the-attic-the-origin/season-1

Situated as a prequel to "Dollanganger Saga: Flowers in the Attic" from
2014: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3074694/

Campfire Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Romance rekindles for Peyton and her closest friends when her parents
decide to host a holiday themed reunion before selling their family owned
summer camp. Stars Tori Anderson, Corbin Bleu, Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman,
Caitlin Stryker, Matt Hamilton and Alec Santos.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/campfire-christmas

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20115364/

Transplant (season 2 finale) (8 pm, NBC)

CTV has ordered a third season.

Masters of Illusion (season 8 finale; renewed for season 9) (9
pm, CW)

Nikki Glaser: Good Clean Filth (comedy special) (10 pm, HBO)

Sunday, July 17

Blood & Treasure (season 2 premiere) (3:01 am, Paramount+)

The series, which first aired in 2019, moves from CBS to Paramount+ for its
long-delayed second season. Two episodes stream today. Stars Matt Barr,
Sofia Pernas, James Callis, Katia Winter and Michael James Shaw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inTahhb4Gkc

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7712598/

Love, Fashion, Repeat (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

Lisa returns to her hometown to seek inspiration for her new fashion line.
So when she meets Colin, a writer tasked with fixing her biography, love is
the last thing on her mind but will she find time for an unexpected
romance? Stars Cristina Rosato and Victor Zinck Jr.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16411844/

https://uptv.com/movies/love-fashion-repeat/

Lies My Sister Told Me (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

After the death of their father in an accident she blames herself for,
Tracy is so devastated that she becomes psychotic and is institutionalized.
When her identical twin sister, Jennifer, a famous romance novelist, visits
on the anniversary of their father’s death, Tracy snaps, drugs Jennifer,
assumes her identity and escapes, hell-bent on having a life of adventure
and freedom for the first time in fifteen years. Instead, she is plunged
into Jennifer’s nightmarish world, dealing with a fan club president that
is obsessed with her, the boytoy lover that is blackmailing her, and the
teenage daughter who hates her. While the real Jennifer languishes in the
institution, Tracy grows desperate without the powerful drugs she needs to
control her state of mind. Before she knows it, she is hurtling down a path
strewn with violence and murder. Nicole Marie Johnson, Kate Edmonds, Scout
Smith, Tara Warren, and Jonathan Stoddard star.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/lies-my-sister-told-me

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14698534/

Dark Winds (season 1 finale; renewed for season 2) (9 pm, AMC)

Colosseum [documentary miniseries] (9 pm, History Channel)

From the savage truth of a gladiator’s life as a slave-warrior to the
fascinating ways Rome’s Emperors used the vast amphitheatre to demonstrate
total power, “Colosseum” offers viewers a unique and personal look inside
history's most iconic empire. Each episode pinpoints one of eight key and
diverse characters ­ all based on real people from history. Spanning
several hundred years, the series unfolds chronologically, from the arena’s
astonishing opening day to its very last games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6G4c1PJkRI

History's Crazy Rich Ancients [new] (10 pm, History Channel)

In History’s Crazy Rich Ancients, each half-hour episode introduces
mysterious icons from the past who shared one obsession­from exotic animals
to billion-dollar parties to nine-figure palaces. The series takes viewers
on an immersive ride through this jaw-dropping decadence to discover who
these icons were, and ultimately, who among them spent the most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mECI4tP7k-Y

Monday, July 18

Streaming:

Live Is Life (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Facing the impending realities of adulthood, five friends unite for a final
adventure: hunting down a magical flower that makes wishes come true.
Spanish film set in 1985?

https://www.netflix.com/title/81266614

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12923028/

Too Old for Fairy Tales [Za duzy na bajki] (movie) (3:01 am,
Netflix)

Polish family film.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81570889

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15575356/

The Other One (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Acorn TV)

Season 1: When her husband dies at his surprise party, Tess (Rebecca Front,
Humans) gets a bigger shock when she learns he had a secret family. Now she
and her uptight daughter, Cathy (Ellie White, The Windsors), must get to
know playful Marilyn (Siobhan Finneran, Loch Ness) and her daughter, Cat
(Lauren Socha, Misfits).

Season 2: Cathy and Catherine are in for more shocking family secrets in
the second season of the comedy written by Holly Walsh.

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-other-one/season-2

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7374240/

https://acorn.tv/otherone/

Broadcast and cable:

None.

Tuesday, July 19

Streaming:

Aftershock (documentary) (12:01 am, Hulu)

Following the deaths of two young women due to childbirth complications,
two bereaved families galvanize activists, birth-workers and physicians to
reckon with one of the most pressing American crises today: the US maternal
health crisis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k63RC0rJEd8

David A. Arnold: It Ain't for the Weak (comedy special)
(3:01 am, Netflix)

https://www.netflix.com/title/81313764

The Day the Music Died: The Story of Don McLean's "American Pie"
(documentary) (3:01 am, Paramount+)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5TvCEgTOJA

Love Island (season 4 premiere) (3:01 am, Peacock)

The American version of the reality series moves from CBS to Peacock for
its fourth season. Expect a steamier version of the show—and one more like
the UK version—as well as a new host, Modern Family's Sarah Hyland. The
first episode will also be shown on USA at 10:05 pm and on Bravo at 10:30
pm. Episodes released mostly daily; already renewed for season 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d7u35b9k7Q

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/love-island/listings/ [release
schedule]

Broadcast and cable:

MLB All-Star Game (live event) (7 pm, Fox)

Dancing with Myself (season 1 finale) (10 pm, NBC)

Wednesday, July 20

Streaming:

Bad Exorcist [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

No demon is safe as Bogdan Boner, the alcohol-loving, self-taught
exorcist-for-hire, returns with more inventive, obscene and deadly deeds.
Polish adult animated series.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81297404

Indian Predator: The Butcher Of Delhi (complete documentary
miniseries) (3:01 am, Netflix)

One city, one cold-blooded murderer and multiple horrifying crimes. Brace
yourself for the most bone-chilling, blood curdling true crime story you'll
ever see. Because this time, evil is closer than you thought it would be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nx5qg9Yejw

https://www.netflix.com/title/81252894

Virgin River (complete season 4) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Despite not knowing whether her baby belongs to her deceased husband, Mark
or Jack, Mel begins Season Four with a sense of optimism. For years she
yearned to be a mother and her dream is one step closer to reality. While
Jack is supportive and excited, the question of paternity continues to gnaw
at him. Complicating matters is the arrival of a handsome new doctor, who's
in the market to start a family of his own. Hope is still healing from her
car accident, and the lingering psychological effects of her brain injury
will have profound consequences for both her and Doc. Brie, intent on
proving the innocence of the man she loves, unexpectedly finds herself in a
closer relationship with Mike and one step closer to Calvin’s violent
criminal web. Even as Preacher forges a new romantic connection, he can't
help but hold out hope for being reunited with Christopher and Paige.
Already renewed for season 5.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: July 16-22: Robin’s selected programming for the week

<2051451624.679598564.687055.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147132&group=rec.arts.tv#147132

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: July 16-22: Robin’s selected
programming for the week
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 11:00:56 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 15 Jul 2022 18:00 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> July 16-22: Robin’s selected programming for the week
>

> Saturday, July 16
>

> Flowers in the Attic: The Origin (part 2: The Mother) (movie) (8
> pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> The story of the headstrong and determined Olivia Winfield [Jemina Rooper
> from Hex] who is working alongside her beloved father when she finds
> herself unexpectedly wooed by one of the nation's most eligible bachelors,
> Malcom Foxworth [Max Irons]. After a whirlwind romance, Olivia finds
> herself as the mistress of the imposing Foxworth Hall, where she soon
> discovers that the fairytale life she expected has quickly become a
> nightmare. Also stars Kelsey Grammer, Harry Hamlin, Kate Mulgrew and
> others.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8RrdgP5rxk
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15399596/
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/flowers-in-the-attic-the-origin/season-1/episode-2" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/flowers-in-the-attic-the-origin/season-1/episode-2
>
> This is the second film in a 4-part series airing on consecutive weeks:
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/flowers-in-the-attic-the-origin/season-1
>
> Situated as a prequel to "Dollanganger Saga: Flowers in the Attic" from
> 2014: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3074694/

The Magic DVR grabbed the first one but I wonder if it will grab the others
without intervention? And if so if I should stop it now while I still can?

> Campfire Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

What’s worse than “Christmas in July“?
THE FREAKING GROCERY STORES HAVE FREAKING HALLOWEEN CANDY ON THE FREAKING
SHELVES TODAY!

> Transplant (season 2 finale) (8 pm, NBC)
>
> CTV has ordered a third season.

CTV? NBC? I’m so confused. Luckily I don’t watch either.

> Masters of Illusion (season 8 finale; renewed for season 9) (9
> pm, CW)

The C dub must die.

> Sunday, July 17
>

> Blood & Treasure (season 2 premiere) (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> The series, which first aired in 2019, moves from CBS to Paramount+ for its
> long-delayed second season. Two episodes stream today. Stars Matt Barr,
> Sofia Pernas, James Callis, Katia Winter and Michael James Shaw.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inTahhb4Gkc
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7712598/

So there’s good news and bad news. The good news is nobody gets P plus.

> Love, Fashion, Repeat (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

So there’s good news and bad news. The bad news is nobody gets up.

> Lies My Sister Told Me (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> After the death of their father in an accident she blames herself for,
> Tracy is so devastated that she becomes psychotic and is institutionalized.
> When her identical twin sister, Jennifer, a famous romance novelist, visits
> on the anniversary of their father’s death, Tracy snaps, drugs Jennifer,
> assumes her identity and escapes, hell-bent on having a life of adventure
> and freedom for the first time in fifteen years. Instead, she is plunged
> into Jennifer’s nightmarish world, dealing with a fan club president that
> is obsessed with her, the boytoy lover that is blackmailing her, and the
> teenage daughter who hates her. While the real Jennifer languishes in the
> institution, Tracy grows desperate without the powerful drugs she needs to
> control her state of mind. Before she knows it, she is hurtling down a path
> strewn with violence and murder. Nicole Marie Johnson, Kate Edmonds, Scout
> Smith, Tara Warren, and Jonathan Stoddard star.
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/lies-my-sister-told-me
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14698534/

Wow. If that had any bit I ever heard of in it, like Brenda song maybe, I’d
watch it.

> Monday, July 18
>

> Streaming:
>

> Live Is Life (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Facing the impending realities of adulthood, five friends unite for a final
> adventure: hunting down a magical flower that makes wishes come true.
> Spanish film set in 1985?
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81266614
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12923028/

Another movie I have to read. No thanks.

> Too Old for Fairy Tales [Za duzy na bajki] (movie) (3:01 am,
> Netflix)
>
> Polish family film.
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81570889
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15575356/

Another movie I have to read. No thanks.

> The Other One (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Acorn TV)

Nobody gets a corn.

> Broadcast and cable:
>
> None.
>

> *****************************************************************************************
>

> Tuesday, July 19
>

> Streaming:
>

> Aftershock (documentary) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Following the deaths of two young women due to childbirth complications,
> two bereaved families galvanize activists, birth-workers and physicians to
> reckon with one of the most pressing American crises today: the US maternal
> health crisis.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k63RC0rJEd8

Nobody gets Hulu.

Oh. Wait. I get Hulu.

I’M STILL NOT FUCKING WATCHING THIS SHIT!

> David A. Arnold: It Ain't for the Weak (comedy special)
> (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81313764

Nobody gets Netflix!
(Just trying that on to be ready for the Microsoft take over)

> The Day the Music Died: The Story of Don McLean's "American Pie"
> (documentary) (3:01 am, Paramount+)

Nobody gets P plus prime pudding
Even if they did offer me a free trial
Yes, you heard me new Star Trek, I won’t watch you even for free!

> Love Island (season 4 premiere) (3:01 am, Peacock)
>
> The American version of the reality series moves from CBS to Peacock for
> its fourth season.

Nobody gets peacock premium prime plus pudding!

Oh. Wait. I do. But Ian doesn’t. That’s not fair. Can we change that?

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> MLB All-Star Game (live event) (7 pm, Fox)

Nobody gets fox!

Well, OK, I could get it but I don’t even think it’s on my diet anymore.

> Dancing with Myself (season 1 finale) (10 pm, NBC)

I have no idea what this is but now I have freaking Madonna’s “into the
groove” stuck into my head

> Wednesday, July 20
>

> Streaming:
>

> Bad Exorcist [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> No demon is safe as Bogdan Boner, the alcohol-loving, self-taught
> exorcist-for-hire, returns with more inventive, obscene and deadly deeds.
> Polish adult animated series.
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81297404

Another show I have to read? No thanks

> Indian Predator: The Butcher Of Delhi (complete documentary
> miniseries) (3:01 am, Netflix)

NOBODY GETS NETFLIX!

They’re making me wish that were true.
Whatever happened to the Indian Detective?

> Virgin River (complete season 4) (3:01 am, Netflix)

“Is it made with real virgins?“ – Christina Ricci

> Despite not knowing whether her baby belongs to her deceased husband, Mark
> or Jack, Mel begins Season Four with a sense of optimism. For years she
> yearned to be a mother and her dream is one step closer to reality. While
> Jack is supportive and excited, the question of paternity continues to gnaw
> at him. Complicating matters is the arrival of a handsome new doctor, who's
> in the market to start a family of his own. Hope is still healing from her
> car accident, and the lingering psychological effects of her brain injury
> will have profound consequences for both her and Doc. Brie, intent on
> proving the innocence of the man she loves, unexpectedly finds herself in a
> closer relationship with Mike and one step closer to Calvin’s violent
> criminal web. Even as Preacher forges a new romantic connection, he can't
> help but hold out hope for being reunited with Christopher and Paige.
> Already renewed for season 5.

OMG! I wouldn’t watch this with Ian’s eyes!

Click here to read the complete article
Re: July 16-22: Robin??? selected programming for the week

<atropos-BCB1AB.11093815072022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147134&group=rec.arts.tv#147134

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: July 16-22: Robin??? selected programming for the week
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 11:09:38 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 15 Jul 2022 18:09 UTC

In article
<495263940.679595029.609319.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> July 16-22: Robin� selected programming for the week

> Blood & Treasure (season 2 premiere) (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> The series, which first aired in 2019, moves from CBS to Paramount+ for its
> long-delayed second season. Two episodes stream today. Stars Matt Barr,
> Sofia Pernas, James Callis, Katia Winter and Michael James Shaw.

No Hooten and no Lady, no show!

> Dancing with Myself (season 1 finale) (10 pm, NBC)

I've actually been watching this show, and I can attest that Shakira's hips don't lie.

> Thursday, July 21

> American Horror Stories (season 2 premiere) (12:01 am,
> Hulu)
>
> Spin-off of American Horror Story; weekly anthology series that features a
> different horror story each episode. Eight episodes.

Will be watching these.

> Friday, July 22

> The Gray Man (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Arriving on Netflix a week after it opens in theaters-- as the streamer's
> most expensive movie to date thanks to its $200-million-plus budget-- this
> spy thriller co-written and directed by the Russo brothers is adapted from
> Mark Greaney's book series. Ryan Gosling stars as Court Gentry, the CIA's
> top agent, who becomes the target of a global manhunt led by a former
> colleague (Chris Evans) after Gentry uncovers signs of a conspiracy within
> the agency. Ana de Armas, Wagner Moura, Billy Bob Thornton, Alfre Woodard,
> and Rege-Jean Page also star.

Sounds good. Plus... Ana!

Re: July 16-22: Robin?s selected programming for the week

<3te3dht48aga27fvni92arbhifpipa18j3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147153&group=rec.arts.tv#147153

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: July 16-22: Robin???s selected programming for the week
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 15:15:04 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 15 Jul 2022 19:15 UTC

On Fri, 15 Jul 2022 09:29:18 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>July 16-22: Robin’s selected programming for the week
>

>*****************************************************************************************
>

> Sunday, July 17
>

>Blood & Treasure (season 2 premiere) (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
>The series, which first aired in 2019, moves from CBS to Paramount+ for its
>long-delayed second season. Two episodes stream today. Stars Matt Barr,
>Sofia Pernas, James Callis, Katia Winter and Michael James Shaw.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inTahhb4Gkc
>
>https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7712598/

I'll be checking in on this.

>*****************************************************************************************
>

>*****************************************************************************************
>

> Wednesday, July 20
>

> Streaming:

>*****************************************************************************************
>

> Friday, July 22
>

>The Gray Man (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
>Arriving on Netflix a week after it opens in theaters—as the streamer's
>most expensive movie to date thanks to its $200-million-plus budget—this
>spy thriller co-written and directed by the Russo brothers is adapted from
>Mark Greaney's book series. Ryan Gosling stars as Court Gentry, the CIA's
>top agent, who becomes the target of a global manhunt led by a former
>colleague (Chris Evans) after Gentry uncovers signs of a conspiracy within
>the agency. Ana de Armas, Wagner Moura, Billy Bob Thornton, Alfre Woodard,
>and Regé-Jean Page also star.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmllggGO4pM
>
>https://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-gray-man [score 50]
>
>https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1649418/

May have to check this out just to see if it is as bad as the Twitter
crowd is predicting.

Re: Re: July 16-22: Robin’s selected programming for the week

<tashf6$34nf8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147159&group=rec.arts.tv#147159

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Re: July 16-22: Robin’s selected
programming for the week
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 20:08:07 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 15 Jul 2022 20:08 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>July 16-22: Robin's selected programming for the week
>> Saturday, July 16

>>Campfire Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

>What's worse than "Christmas in July"?
>THE FREAKING GROCERY STORES HAVE FREAKING HALLOWEEN CANDY ON THE FREAKING
>SHELVES TODAY!

It's unsold stock from last year. They have to get rid of it so there's
room for new stock.

>>Transplant (season 2 finale) (8 pm, NBC)

>>CTV has ordered a third season.

>CTV? NBC? I'm so confused. Luckily I don't watch either.

This is correct. Transplant is foreign programming and CTV is its home
network, but according to a tweet months ago, both CTV and NBC renewed
it for a third season.

Re: July 16-22: Robin’s selected programming for the week

<615615444.679611544.819716.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147167&group=rec.arts.tv#147167

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming for the week
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 14:01:50 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 15 Jul 2022 21:01 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>> July 16-22: Robin's selected programming for the week
>
>>> Saturday, July 16
>
>>> Campfire Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
>> What's worse than "Christmas in July"?
>> THE FREAKING GROCERY STORES HAVE FREAKING HALLOWEEN CANDY ON THE FREAKING
>> SHELVES TODAY!
>
> It's unsold stock from last year. They have to get rid of it so there's
> room for new stock.

Lol

I often wonder what actually happens to the candy when they pull it off the
shelves the week before Halloween. Like no one ever goes candy shopping on
the 31st or runs out and heads down to the store about 7 o’clock at night…
Or why they think anybody’s going to buy Thanksgiving stuff on Halloween.

>>> Transplant (season 2 finale) (8 pm, NBC)
>
>>> CTV has ordered a third season.
>
>> CTV? NBC? I'm so confused. Luckily I don't watch either.
>
> This is correct. Transplant is foreign programming and CTV is its home
> network, but according to a tweet months ago, both CTV and NBC renewed
> it for a third season.

Thanks!

Re: Re: July 16-22: Robin’s selected programming for the week

<150720221736123155%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147170&group=rec.arts.tv#147170

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 17:36:12 -0400
 by: A Friend - Fri, 15 Jul 2022 21:36 UTC

In article
<2051451624.679598564.687055.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> What¹s worse than ³Christmas in July³?
> THE FREAKING GROCERY STORES HAVE FREAKING HALLOWEEN CANDY ON THE FREAKING
> SHELVES TODAY!

A guy I know orders it for Wegmans, a big food chain in my part of the
country. He has to get the order in by the end of February. He has to
anticipate what people are going to want, and how much of it.

Re: July 16-22: Robin's selected programming for the week

<tasn4u$35cee$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147171&group=rec.arts.tv#147171

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 21:45:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 15 Jul 2022 21:45 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>Dancing with Myself (season 1 finale) (10 pm, NBC)

>I've actually been watching this show, and I can attest that Shakira's
>hips don't lie.

I get a kick out of the teaser: My body doesn't bend like that!

Tell me about it.

Re: July 16-22: Robin’s selected programming for the week

<tasob9$35hao$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147174&group=rec.arts.tv#147174

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 15:05:29 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 15 Jul 2022 22:05 UTC

On 2022-07-15 16:29:18 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> July 16-22: Robin’s selected programming for the week
>

> Saturday, July 16
>

> Flowers in the Attic: The Origin (part 2: The Mother) (movie) (8
> pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> The story of the headstrong and determined Olivia Winfield [Jemina Rooper
> from Hex] who is working alongside her beloved father when she finds
> herself unexpectedly wooed by one of the nation's most eligible bachelors,
> Malcom Foxworth [Max Irons]. After a whirlwind romance, Olivia finds
> herself as the mistress of the imposing Foxworth Hall, where she soon
> discovers that the fairytale life she expected has quickly become a
> nightmare. Also stars Kelsey Grammer, Harry Hamlin, Kate Mulgrew and
> others.

But of course!!

And, soon, Hannah Dodd is going to be showing up as Corrine!!

> This is the second film in a 4-part series airing on consecutive weeks:
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/flowers-in-the-attic-the-origin/season-1
>
> Situated as a prequel to "Dollanganger Saga: Flowers in the Attic" from
> 2014: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3074694/
>

> Campfire Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Romance rekindles for Peyton and her closest friends when her parents
> decide to host a holiday themed reunion before selling their family owned
> summer camp. Stars Tori Anderson, Corbin Bleu, Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman,
> Caitlin Stryker, Matt Hamilton and Alec Santos.

It pains me to admit that BTR is on the right track when he says that
Anderson has... "lost something" over the last few years. (The same is
true, unfortunately, of Aimee Teegarden.)

I dunno if I will bother with this.

> Transplant (season 2 finale) (8 pm, NBC)
>
> CTV has ordered a third season.

Get us "Nurses"!!

> Sunday, July 17
>

> Blood & Treasure (season 2 premiere) (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> The series, which first aired in 2019, moves from CBS to Paramount+ for its
> long-delayed second season. Two episodes stream today. Stars Matt Barr,
> Sofia Pernas, James Callis, Katia Winter and Michael James Shaw.

FUCK YOU, CBS & Pee+!!

> Love, Fashion, Repeat (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> Lisa returns to her hometown to seek inspiration for her new fashion line.
> So when she meets Colin, a writer tasked with fixing her biography, love is
> the last thing on her mind but will she find time for an unexpected
> romance? Stars Cristina Rosato and Victor Zinck Jr.

Nope.

> Lies My Sister Told Me (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> After the death of their father in an accident she blames herself for,
> Tracy is so devastated that she becomes psychotic and is institutionalized.
> When her identical twin sister, Jennifer, a famous romance novelist, visits
> on the anniversary of their father’s death, Tracy snaps, drugs Jennifer,
> assumes her identity and escapes, hell-bent on having a life of adventure
> and freedom for the first time in fifteen years. Instead, she is plunged
> into Jennifer’s nightmarish world, dealing with a fan club president that
> is obsessed with her, the boytoy lover that is blackmailing her, and the
> teenage daughter who hates her. While the real Jennifer languishes in the
> institution, Tracy grows desperate without the powerful drugs she needs to
> control her state of mind. Before she knows it, she is hurtling down a path
> strewn with violence and murder. Nicole Marie Johnson, Kate Edmonds, Scout
> Smith, Tara Warren, and Jonathan Stoddard star.

OK, I only know Kate Edmonds, but this sounds like a hoot!!

> Tuesday, July 19
>

> Streaming:
>

> Aftershock (documentary) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Following the deaths of two young women due to childbirth complications,
> two bereaved families galvanize activists, birth-workers and physicians to
> reckon with one of the most pressing American crises today: the US maternal
> health crisis.

Yeah, things are much worse now than in the 19th century... [roll]

> Wednesday, July 20
>

> Streaming:
>

> Virgin River (complete season 4) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Gawd, I have never even gotten around to finishing season #3 yet!!...

> Despite not knowing whether her baby belongs to her deceased husband, Mark
> or Jack, Mel begins Season Four with a sense of optimism. For years she
> yearned to be a mother and her dream is one step closer to reality. While
> Jack is supportive and excited, the question of paternity continues to gnaw
> at him. Complicating matters is the arrival of a handsome new doctor, who's
> in the market to start a family of his own. Hope is still healing from her
> car accident, and the lingering psychological effects of her brain injury
> will have profound consequences for both her and Doc. Brie, intent on
> proving the innocence of the man she loves, unexpectedly finds herself in a
> closer relationship with Mike and one step closer to Calvin’s violent
> criminal web. Even as Preacher forges a new romantic connection, he can't
> help but hold out hope for being reunited with Christopher and Paige.
> Already renewed for season 5.

> Thursday, July 21
>

> Streaming:
>

> Almost Fly [new] (3:01 am, HBO Max)
>
> While the social upheaval in 1990 can be felt across the country, three
> school friends are confronted with the realities of West Germany and dream
> of greater things. As they suddenly discover hip-hop, their entire life
> changes. German series; six episodes.

What a trivial take on a momentous event! [roll]

> Showtrial [new to US; complete limited series] (3:01 am,
> Sundance Now)
>
> When Talitha Campbell (Céline Buckens, Free Reign), the arrogant daughter
> of a wealthy entrepreneur, is arrested following the disappearance of a
> fellow student the case grips the nation, whipping up a media storm. On
> Talitha's side is brilliant solicitor Cleo Roberts (Tracy Ifeachor,
> Treadstone). Can Cleo control the narrative of a case that is fast becoming
> tangled up in the nation's debates over privilege, wealth and politics?
> From arrest to the jury's final verdict, Showtrial examines both sides of
> the legal battle, as defense and prosecution fight for their version of
> what really happened to Hannah, and the truth about Talitha: Falsely
> accused? Or callous murderer? Premiered originally in the UK on BBC One in
> Oct 2021. Five episodes.

Maybe as a movie, but not as a series... Not that it matters - nobody
gets Sundance Now!!

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Heartland (season 15 finale) (8 pm, UPtv)
>
> Renewed for season 16 by CBC.

Give it up, CBC!!

> The Old Man (season 1 finale; renewed for season 2) (10 pm,
> FX)

Might get to the penultimate ep tonight - if not, this weekend for sure.

> Friday, July 22
>

> Streaming:

Boy, that's a lot of garbage premiering on streaming this week!!

> The Gray Man (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Arriving on Netflix a week after it opens in theaters—as the streamer's
> most expensive movie to date thanks to its $200-million-plus budget—this
> spy thriller co-written and directed by the Russo brothers is adapted from
> Mark Greaney's book series. Ryan Gosling stars as Court Gentry, the CIA's
> top agent, who becomes the target of a global manhunt led by a former
> colleague (Chris Evans) after Gentry uncovers signs of a conspiracy within
> the agency. Ana de Armas, Wagner Moura, Billy Bob Thornton, Alfre Woodard,
> and Regé-Jean Page also star.

Sure.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Keeping Up With the Joneses: The Wrong Marriage (movie) (8 pm, LMN)
>
> The family is frantic about Webb’s return. Despite the previous tension
> between Pam and Stephen Napoli, they rekindle their romance in the spirit
> of working together to uncover Webb’s true intentions. Meanwhile, Tara
> travels to England to dig into Eve’s background. Carrie and Lance have a
> very public blow-up, sending Lance right back into the arms of his father,
> Webb. Or so it appears for now.

Yes!! :)

> Season two of "LMN’s prolific Wrong franchise," which consists of four
> films airing on consecutive weeks, of which this is the third:
> https://www.mylifetime.com/keepingupwiththejoneses. The four two-hour films
> star Vivica A. Fox as the matriarch of a wealthy family, who along with her
> four stepdaughters, will stop at nothing to protect their business and
> family after they are threatened.
>
> All movies in the series: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14785192/episodes/
>

> (end)

Click here to read the complete article
Re: July 16-22: Robin� selected programming for the week

<tasohq$35hka$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147175&group=rec.arts.tv#147175

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 15:08:58 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 15 Jul 2022 22:08 UTC

On 2022-07-15 18:09:38 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> In article
> <495263940.679595029.609319.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> July 16-22: Robin� selected programming for the week
>
>> Friday, July 22
>
>> The Gray Man (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>
>> Arriving on Netflix a week after it opens in theaters-- as the streamer's
>> most expensive movie to date thanks to its $200-million-plus budget-- this
>> spy thriller co-written and directed by the Russo brothers is adapted from
>> Mark Greaney's book series. Ryan Gosling stars as Court Gentry, the CIA's
>> top agent, who becomes the target of a global manhunt led by a former
>> colleague (Chris Evans) after Gentry uncovers signs of a conspiracy within
>> the agency. Ana de Armas, Wagner Moura, Billy Bob Thornton, Alfre Woodard,
>> and Rege-Jean Page also star.
>
> Sounds good. Plus... Ana!

And Wanger Moura is surely my cousin!! ;p

Re: July 16-22: Robin?s selected programming for the week

<tat76s$k8f$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147213&group=rec.arts.tv#147213

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 14:19:08 +1200
 by: Your Name - Sat, 16 Jul 2022 02:19 UTC

On 2022-07-15 16:29:18 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> July 16-22: Robin's selected programming for the week
<snip>

> The Other One (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Acorn TV)
>
> Season 1: When her husband dies at his surprise party, Tess (Rebecca Front,
> Humans) gets a bigger shock when she learns he had a secret family. Now she
> and her uptight daughter, Cathy (Ellie White, The Windsors), must get to
> know playful Marilyn (Siobhan Finneran, Loch Ness)

Perhaps better known from "Downton Abbey" as O'Brien, the lady's maid
to Cora Crawley, but she completely different in this role.

> and her daughter, Cat (Lauren Socha, Misfits).
>
> Season 2: Cathy and Catherine are in for more shocking family secrets in
> the second season of the comedy written by Holly Walsh.
>
> https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-other-one/season-2
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7374240/
> https://acorn.tv/otherone/

We've almost finished season 2, but it is rather silly and can be a bit
purile in places. We only really watch it when there's nothing else
short to watch. It's not a good example of British half-hour comedy
shows, although better than some others.

Re: July 16-22: Robin?s selected programming for the week

<taudhl$3cpbm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147288&group=rec.arts.tv#147288

Followup: rec.arts.tv
From: Nys...@LogicalInsight.net (Nyssa)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 09:14:06 -0400
 by: Nyssa - Sat, 16 Jul 2022 13:14 UTC

Your Name wrote:

> On 2022-07-15 16:29:18 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>>
>> July 16-22: Robin's selected programming for the week
> <snip>
>>
>> The Other One (complete season 2) (3:01
>> am, Acorn TV)
>>
>> Season 1: When her husband dies at his surprise party,
>> Tess (Rebecca Front, Humans) gets a bigger shock when she
>> learns he had a secret family. Now she and her uptight
>> daughter, Cathy (Ellie White, The Windsors), must get to
>> know playful Marilyn (Siobhan Finneran, Loch Ness)
>
> Perhaps better known from "Downton Abbey" as O'Brien, the
> lady's maid to Cora Crawley, but she completely different
> in this role.

This has got to be better (despite the description) than
an earlier UK sitcom called "The Other One."

The former one was so bad, even the great Richard Briers
couldn't save it.

It was so bad, I'll gladly send my Region 2 DVD of the
first series to anyone here who wants it. :P~~~~~~~~~~

>> and her daughter, Cat (Lauren Socha, Misfits).
>>
>> Season 2: Cathy and Catherine are in for more shocking
>> family secrets in the second season of the comedy written
>> by Holly Walsh.
>>
>> https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-other-one/season-2
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7374240/
>> https://acorn.tv/otherone/
>
> We've almost finished season 2, but it is rather silly and
> can be a bit purile in places. We only really watch it
> when there's nothing else short to watch. It's not a good
> example of British half-hour comedy shows, although better
> than some others.

Nyssa, who bought the DVD just on the basis of Richard
Briers being the star and the same writers from The Good
Life (Good Neighbors) and Ever Decreasing Circles were
doing the show, but it was the premise that was awful

Re: July 16-22: Robin?s selected programming for the week

<tc0app$r28$2@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149420&group=rec.arts.tv#149420

From: MDuP...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 09:55:05 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Micky DuPree - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 09:55 UTC

shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> writes:

>> The Gray Man (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>
>> Arriving on Netflix a week after it opens in theaters—as the
>> streamer's most expensive movie to date thanks to its
>> $200-million-plus budget—this spy thriller co-written and directed by
>> the Russo brothers is adapted from Mark Greaney's book series. Ryan
>> Gosling stars as Court Gentry, the CIA's top agent, who becomes the
>> target of a global manhunt led by a former colleague (Chris Evans)
>> after Gentry uncovers signs of a conspiracy within the agency. Ana de
>> Armas, Wagner Moura, Billy Bob Thornton, Alfre Woodard, and Regé-Jean
>> Page also star.

> May have to check this out just to see if it is as bad as the Twitter
> crowd is predicting.

It was free for me, so I watched it. The plot and characters were thin.
There were lots of well-filmed fighting, shooting, and explosions. If
that's what you're into, this won't disappoint. I wasn't bored while I
was watching it, but I wasn't engrossed either.

-Micky