Parkinson's Law: Work expands to fill the time alloted it.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interest rates. Know how?

SubjectAuthor
* Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interestanim8rfsk
+* Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interestJohn Doe
|`- Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interestEdward Hernandez
`* Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interest rates. Know how?The Horny Goat
 `* Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interestanim8rfsk
  `* Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interestAdam H. Kerman
   `* Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interestanim8rfsk
    `- Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interest rates. Knowsuzeeq

1
Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interest rates. Know how?

<473522958.679504679.284101.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=146872&group=rec.arts.tv#146872

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interest
rates. Know how?
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 10:18:06 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 14 Jul 2022 17:18 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> Everyone above the poverty line who got covid relief should be required
> to pay some (or all) of it back. Sliding scale based on income. At
> least 1/2 the people I know who claimed it did not need it at all. This
> resulted in a ridiculous buying binge which created the inflationary spiral we now see.
> Paying back a portion (or all) would cool the economy just enough to
> level-out inflation without likely starting a recession.

“Claimed“ Covid relief? They just stuck money in our bank accounts. Which
scares the hell out of me because you have to wonder what happens when they
decide they want money back.

Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interest

<1%0AK.328867$LfE9.104009@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=146966&group=rec.arts.tv#146966

Followup: alt.test.group
From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,free.spam
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 22:44:13 GMT
 by: John Doe - Thu, 14 Jul 2022 22:44 UTC

Off-topic troll...

--
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
> Subject: Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interest
> rates. Know how?
> From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 10:18:06 -0700
>
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Everyone above the poverty line who got covid relief should be required
> > to pay some (or all) of it back. Sliding scale based on income. At
> > least 1/2 the people I know who claimed it did not need it at all. This
> > resulted in a ridiculous buying binge which created the inflationary spiral we now see.
> > Paying back a portion (or all) would cool the economy just enough to
> > level-out inflation without likely starting a recession.
> >

> “Claimed“ Covid relief? They just stuck money in our bank accounts. Which
> scares the hell out of me because you have to wonder what happens when they
> decide they want money back.
>
> --
> The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it is still on my list.

Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interest

<Uf1AK.155395$11E1.50670@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=146994&group=rec.arts.tv#146994

From: dtgame...@gmail.com (Edward Hernandez)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,free.spam
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 23:02:12 GMT
 by: Edward Hernandez - Thu, 14 Jul 2022 23:02 UTC

See also these Jake Isks (aka John Doe) troll nym-shift names:

John Doe <always.look@message.header>
John <look@post.header>
Judge Dredd <always.look@post.header>
"Edward's Mother" <always.see@post.header>
"Edward's Father" <always.see@post.header>
Edward Hernandez Loves Porn <always.view@post.header>

Jake Isks (aka John Doe troll) claiming it has never nym-shifted on
Usenet: http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=165248158300

In message-id <t6nt3e$7bp$3@dont-email.me>
(http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=165357273000) posted Thu, 26 May 2022
12:50:54 -0000 (UTC) John Dope stated:

> Always Wrong, the utterly foulmouthed group idiot, adding absolutely
> NOTHING but insults to this thread, as usual...

Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Dope's post ratio
to USENET (**) has been 76.1% of its posts contributing "nothing except
insults" to USENET.

** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Dope has posted at
least 3605 articles to USENET. Of which 176 have been pure insults and
2566 have been John Dope "troll format" postings.

The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id
<sdhn7c$pkp$4@dont-email.me>:

> The troll doesn't even know how to format a USENET post...

And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id
<sg3kr7$qt5$1@dont-email.me>:

> The reason Bozo cannot figure out how to get Google to keep from
> breaking its lines in inappropriate places is because Bozo is
> CLUELESS...

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has continued to post incorrectly
formatted USENET articles that are devoid of content (latest example on
Thu, 14 Jul 2022 22:44:13 GMT in message-id
<1%0AK.328867$LfE9.104009@usenetxs.com>).

NOBODY likes the John Doe troll's contentless spam.

This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups
readers who happen by to point out that John Dope does not even follow
the rules it uses to troll other posters.

KYORepd7DKef

Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interest rates. Know how?

<1gg3dhd97ivnm7g94fm33u55fi3f827kic@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147156&group=rec.arts.tv#147156

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interest rates. Know how?
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 12:39:55 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Fri, 15 Jul 2022 19:39 UTC

On Thu, 14 Jul 2022 10:18:06 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Everyone above the poverty line who got covid relief should be required
>> to pay some (or all) of it back. Sliding scale based on income. At
>> least 1/2 the people I know who claimed it did not need it at all. This
>> resulted in a ridiculous buying binge which created the inflationary spiral we now see.
>> Paying back a portion (or all) would cool the economy just enough to
>> level-out inflation without likely starting a recession.
>>

>“Claimed“ Covid relief? They just stuck money in our bank accounts. Which
>scares the hell out of me because you have to wonder what happens when they
>decide they want money back.

In Canada they did that BUT only if you had paid or received your last
income tax (payment or refund) that way. Anybody else had to include
an account with their application. (As I recall they put up the
details of the account for your last return and gave you the option of
either clicking 'x' or supplying an alternate account. As a small
business owner I lived on that for 3 months in 2020 simply to keep the
store solvent - nothing like having your sales drop 80% in one weekend
and staying that way for 2-3 months!)

Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interest rates. Know how?

<1999051994.679610350.166581.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147162&group=rec.arts.tv#147162

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
rates. Know how?
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 13:56:01 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 15 Jul 2022 20:56 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2022 10:18:06 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Everyone above the poverty line who got covid relief should be required
>>> to pay some (or all) of it back. Sliding scale based on income. At
>>> least 1/2 the people I know who claimed it did not need it at all. This
>>> resulted in a ridiculous buying binge which created the inflationary spiral we now see.
>>> Paying back a portion (or all) would cool the economy just enough to
>>> level-out inflation without likely starting a recession.
>>>

>> “Claimed“ Covid relief? They just stuck money in our bank accounts. Which
>> scares the hell out of me because you have to wonder what happens when they
>> decide they want money back.
>
> In Canada they did that BUT only if you had paid or received your last
> income tax (payment or refund) that way. Anybody else had to include
> an account with their application. (As I recall they put up the
> details of the account for your last return and gave you the option of
> either clicking 'x' or supplying an alternate account. As a small
> business owner I lived on that for 3 months in 2020 simply to keep the
> store solvent - nothing like having your sales drop 80% in one weekend
> and staying that way for 2-3 months!)

I’d never let IRS anywhere near my bank account but I get direct deposit
Social Security there.

Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interest rates. Know how?

<taso3l$35cee$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147173&group=rec.arts.tv#147173

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
rates. Know how?
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 22:01:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 15 Jul 2022 22:01 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>. . .

>I'd never let IRS anywhere near my bank account but I get direct deposit
>Social Security there.

Dude! You don't actually know what IRS does, do you. None of it is
voluntary. IRS already knows what your accounts are as banks and
brokerages are all required to file information returns on you. This
allows IRS to readily levy your accounts if they believe you owe back
taxes.

People who received direct deposit of COVID checks were those who had
either direct deposits of last year's tax refund or Social Security
pension checks. Everyone else received checks in the mail or claimed it
as a refundable credit on the tax return.

Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interest rates. Know how?

<876486787.679617853.020008.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147193&group=rec.arts.tv#147193

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
rates. Know how?
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 16:24:47 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 15 Jul 2022 23:24 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>> . . .
>
>> I'd never let IRS anywhere near my bank account but I get direct deposit
>> Social Security there.
>
> Dude! You don't actually know what IRS does, do you. None of it is
> voluntary. IRS already knows what your accounts are as banks and
> brokerages are all required to file information returns on you. This
> allows IRS to readily levy your accounts if they believe you owe back
> taxes.

I realize they’re a criminal organization.
My law professor said the one rule to remember was “IRS wins“

> People who received direct deposit of COVID checks were those who had
> either direct deposits of last year's tax refund or Social Security
> pension checks. Everyone else received checks in the mail or claimed it
> as a refundable credit on the tax return.

What I was replying to Was the statement about having to apply for Covid
relief. My point was that I didn’t apply for anything it just appeared in
my bank account. And I have no idea why spellcheck decided that one word
“was“ needed to be capitalized.

Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interest rates. Know how?

<tat0ah$90l3$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147198&group=rec.arts.tv#147198

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interest rates. Know
how?
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 17:21:37 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Sat, 16 Jul 2022 00:21 UTC

On 7/15/2022 4:24 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> I'd never let IRS anywhere near my bank account but I get direct deposit
>>> Social Security there.
>>
>> Dude! You don't actually know what IRS does, do you. None of it is
>> voluntary. IRS already knows what your accounts are as banks and
>> brokerages are all required to file information returns on you. This
>> allows IRS to readily levy your accounts if they believe you owe back
>> taxes.
>
> I realize they’re a criminal organization.
> My law professor said the one rule to remember was “IRS wins“
>

>> People who received direct deposit of COVID checks were those who had
>> either direct deposits of last year's tax refund or Social Security
>> pension checks. Everyone else received checks in the mail or claimed it
>> as a refundable credit on the tax return.
>>

> What I was replying to Was the statement about having to apply for Covid
> relief. My point was that I didn’t apply for anything it just appeared in
> my bank account. And I have no idea why spellcheck decided that one word
> “was“ needed to be capitalized.

I think he was talking about covid relief checks to businesses. You had
to apply for those.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: U.S. could cure inflation without raising interest rates. Know how?