Show me a man who is a good loser and I'll show you a man who is playing golf with his boss.

arts / rec.arts.books / Re: 'Keep your dirty books in the closet': Serious pushback against school's sexual titles

SubjectAuthor
* Re: 'Keep your dirty books in the closet': Serious pushback againstJeffrey Rubard
`* Re: 'Keep your dirty books in the closet': Serious pushback againstJeffrey Rubard
 `- Re: 'Keep your dirty books in the closet': Serious pushback againstJeffrey Rubard

1
Re: 'Keep your dirty books in the closet': Serious pushback against school's sexual titles

<f53a3a7e-f190-48ee-8566-979524cf64c9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1473&group=rec.arts.books#1473

Newsgroups: rec.arts.books
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 12:02:24 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: 'Keep your dirty books in the closet': Serious pushback against
school's sexual titles
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 20:02 UTC

On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 4:08:30 PM UTC-8, Leroy N. Soetoro wrote:
> [...]
> never been in the school libraries but were made available through an
> ebook service that has since been discontinued.
>
> The district reviewed the book “Flamer,” a sexually explicit story about a
> gay boy, and is expected to keep the book in the district, according to
> the Detroit News.
>
> “We appreciate the parents who are working with us to address concerns
> about books in our school libraries,” Roxanne McDonald, Dearborn school
> board president, told the Detroit News. “Building a safe, welcoming
> environment in our district means accepting a very diverse group of
> students, helping all students learn to be good citizens and teaching them
> to understand and accept those who are different.
>
> In October, members of the Muslim community pushed back against the
> presence of the sexually explicit books in the school district at a school
> board meeting. Protestors held up signs reading “Homosexuality Big Sin”
> and “Keep Your Dirty Books In The Closet.”
>
> “The sexually explicit material in these books was just a catalyst that
> brought forward broader concerns about the state of public education today
> and where it’s at, and that the traditional partnership between parents
> and public education has been compromised,” Hassan Chami, a Muslim parent
> and political activist in Dearborn, Michigan, told the DCNF. “What you’re
> seeing now is a grassroots movement of concerned parents trying to
> reassert their right to direct education for their children.”
>
> The Dearborn School Board and Dearborn Public Schools did not immediately
> respond to the DCNF’s request for comment.
>
> This story originally was published by the Daily Caller News Foundation.
>
> Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without
> charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience.
> For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact
> lice...@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.
>
> SUPPORT TRUTHFUL JOURNALISM. MAKE A DONATION TO THE NONPROFIT WND NEWS
> CENTER. THANK YOU!
>
> The post 'Keep your dirty books in the closet': Serious pushback against
> school's sexual titles appeared first on WND.
>

> --
> "LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
> recover with no after effects.
>
> No collusion - Special Counsel Robert Swan Mueller III, March 2019.
> Officially made Nancy Pelosi a two-time impeachment loser.
>
> Donald J. Trump, cheated out of a second term by fraudulent "mail-in"
> ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov
>
> Thank you for cleaning up the disaster of the 2008-2017 Obama / Biden
> fiasco, President Trump.
>
> Under Barack Obama's leadership, the United States of America became the
> The World According To Garp. Obama sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood
> queer liberal democrat donors.
>
> President Trump boosted the economy, reduced illegal invasions, appointed
> dozens of judges and three SCOTUS justices.

"It's not the issue you think it is -- or say it is."

Re: 'Keep your dirty books in the closet': Serious pushback against school's sexual titles

<ec0bcf7b-1df0-4165-b613-4218375da908n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1478&group=rec.arts.books#1478

Newsgroups: rec.arts.books
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 14:17:48 -0800 (PST)
school's sexual titles
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Sat, 26 Nov 2022 22:17 UTC

On Tuesday, November 22, 2022 at 12:02:26 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> [...]
> >

> > --
> > "LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
> > recover with no after effects.
> >
> > No collusion - Special Counsel Robert Swan Mueller III, March 2019.
> > Officially made Nancy Pelosi a two-time impeachment loser.
> >
> > Donald J. Trump, cheated out of a second term by fraudulent "mail-in"
> > ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov
> >
> > Thank you for cleaning up the disaster of the 2008-2017 Obama / Biden
> > fiasco, President Trump.
> >
> > Under Barack Obama's leadership, the United States of America became the
> > The World According To Garp. Obama sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood
> > queer liberal democrat donors.
> >
> > President Trump boosted the economy, reduced illegal invasions, appointed
> > dozens of judges and three SCOTUS justices.
> "It's not the issue you think it is -- or say it is."

"Oh really?"
"Yes, so much so that you are presumably being 'disingenuous' in mentioning it. You protest too much, etc."

Re: 'Keep your dirty books in the closet': Serious pushback against school's sexual titles

<d8ce71f7-d922-45e1-aec0-896f8b03d5ebn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1482&group=rec.arts.books#1482

Newsgroups: rec.arts.books
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 14:42:40 -0800 (PST)
school's sexual titles
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Sun, 27 Nov 2022 22:42 UTC

On Saturday, November 26, 2022 at 2:17:50 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > No collusion - Special Counsel Robert Swan Mueller III, March 2019.
> > > Officially made Nancy Pelosi a two-time impeachment loser.
> > >
> > > Donald J. Trump, cheated out of a second term by fraudulent "mail-in"
> > > ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov
> > >
> > > Thank you for cleaning up the disaster of the 2008-2017 Obama / Biden
> > > fiasco, President Trump.
> > >
> > > Under Barack Obama's leadership, the United States of America became the
> > > The World According To Garp. Obama sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood
> > > queer liberal democrat donors.
> > >
> > > President Trump boosted the economy, reduced illegal invasions, appointed
> > > dozens of judges and three SCOTUS justices.
> > "It's not the issue you think it is -- or say it is."
> "Oh really?"
> "Yes, so much so that you are presumably being 'disingenuous' in mentioning it. You protest too much, etc."

You can get the books you want, mostly at all, but schools and other institutions like them would have to have "sifting" rules for materials.
The "HEY BANNED BOOKS" stuff is about something else.