arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: [Semi-OT] JK Rowling - Extra Double Secret Canceled?

SubjectAuthor
* [Semi-OT] JK Rowling - Extra Double Secret Canceled?Ed Stasiak
+* Re: [Semi-OT] JK Rowling - Extra Double Secret Canceled?anim8rfsk
|`- Re: [Semi-OT] JK Rowling - Extra Double Secret Canceled?Your Name
`* Re: [Semi-OT] JK Rowling - Extra Double Secret Canceled?BTR1701
 `- Re: [Semi-OT] JK Rowling - Extra Double Secret Canceled?trotsky

1
[Semi-OT] JK Rowling - Extra Double Secret Canceled?

<defe3a40-f57c-4cea-858a-f0d4c98c9211n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147395&group=rec.arts.tv#147395

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 15:31:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [Semi-OT] JK Rowling - Extra Double Secret Canceled?
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sat, 16 Jul 2022 22:31 UTC

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11019997/JK-Rowling-defends-16-year-old-girl-told-women-care-school-toilets.html

'This is a travesty': JK Rowling backs parents of disabled 16-year-old girl who were told she didn't have the right to women-only care in special school's toilets

The schoolgirls' parents were told her care would use a 'cross-gender' policy
They argued she was being put at risk for the school to 'celebrate staff diversity'
JK Rowling, 56, said 'I cannot overstate my contempt' for such policies
The special school has allowed the girl 'same-sex' care after the backlash

JK Rowling has defended a disabled schoolgirl who was told she did not have the right to women-only care in school toilets.

The parents of the 16 year-old girl, who has severe learning disabilities, were told two years ago the school was replacing it 'same-sex' intimate care policy with a 'cross-gender' policy.

This meant male staff would also be able to take part in intimate care for the pupil - including using the toilet and changing rooms.

Her parents have accused the special school, which has not been named, of putting their child at risk for the sake of 'celebrating staff diversity.'

Although a lawyer said removing the policy was a breach of the 2010 Equality Act, the school dismissed the finding as 'outdated and against majority opinion.'

JK Rowling blasted the school's approach on Twitter, saying it would endanger 'extremely vulnerable girls.'

The Harry Potter author added: 'This is a travesty.

'Have we learned nothing from successive abuse scandals? Do we value the disabled so little?'

The parents of 'Helen' - not her real name - wrote about their dispute with the school in a post on website Transgender Trend.

They said the school eventually conceded Helen could be cared for by women, but only because of 'parental preference.'

The Harry Potter author gave a damning verdict on the school's controversial policy
[bunch of angry Tweets from her]

The parents said: 'There is no doubt in our minds that a priority for the school was to be able to appease, to be able to tell the staff 'the parents have insisted on it.

'This was the starting point of our journey: that a special school, with all its expertise and experience of teaching and supporting girls with severe learning disabilities, felt justified in tossing away Helen's rights in order to "celebrate staff diversity."'

They added that young people with severe learning disabilities have 'no sense of stranger-danger' and warned they might not be able to 'tell anyone if they have been flashed, groped, or raped.'

Discrimination law barrister and co-founder of campaign group Sex Matters Naomi Cunningham argued removing the intimate care policy could be indirect discrimination.

She said it was: 'Likely to put girls at a particular disadvantage compared to boys'.

She added: 'Intimate touching without consent is likely to be experienced by the victim as sexual assault even if the requisite intent can't be proved to get a conviction under the Sexual Offences Act.

'So if a child or those acting on her behalf don't consent to opposite-sex intimate care, the school would seem to be encouraging the commission of a criminal offence by imposing it on her.

'If schools are worried that it might be discriminatory against male staff members not to let them provide intimate care to girls, that is a groundless fear.

'Discrimination requires a "detriment", and there's case law to say that an "unjustified sense of grievance" isn't a detriment.'

As well as JK Rowling's intervention, Helen's case was also raised in the House of Lords by Baroness Nicholson of Winterbourne, who called the incident 'scandalous'.

She said 50 per cent of local authorities had introduced similar policies on intimate care and warned that 'sexual assaults are happening'.

Re: [Semi-OT] JK Rowling - Extra Double Secret Canceled?

<249411836.679708134.341521.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147405&group=rec.arts.tv#147405

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 16:50:39 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 16 Jul 2022 23:50 UTC

Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> proved to get a conviction under the Sexual Offences Act.
>
> 'So if a child or those acting on her behalf don't consent to
> opposite-sex intimate care, the school would seem to be encouraging the
> commission of a criminal offence by imposing it on her.
>
> 'If schools are worried that it might be discriminatory against male
> staff members not to let them provide intimate care to girls, that is a groundless fear.
>
> 'Discrimination requires a "detriment", and there's case law to say that
> an "unjustified sense of grievance" isn't a detriment.'
>
> As well as JK Rowling's intervention, Helen's case was also raised in the
> House of Lords by Baroness Nicholson of Winterbourne, who called the incident 'scandalous'.
>
> She said 50 per cent of local authorities had introduced similar policies
> on intimate care and warned that 'sexual assaults are happening'.

The school is wrong and Rowling is right. But how are they possibly going
to define male or female caregivers when you are whatever you say you are?

Re: [Semi-OT] JK Rowling - Extra Double Secret Canceled?

<h4WdnZWtqu309E7_nZ2dnUU7-IXNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147417&group=rec.arts.tv#147417

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 20:44:09 -0500
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 17 Jul 2022 01:44 UTC

On Jul 16, 2022 at 3:31:39 PM PDT, "Ed Stasiak" <edstasiak1067@gmail.com>
wrote:

> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11019997/JK-Rowling-defends-16-year-old-girl-told-women-care-school-toilets.html
>
> 'This is a travesty': JK Rowling backs parents of disabled 16-year-old girl
> who were told she didn't have the right to women-only care in special
> school's toilets
>
> The schoolgirls' parents were told her care would use a 'cross-gender' policy
> They argued she was being put at risk for the school to 'celebrate staff
> diversity'
> JK Rowling, 56, said 'I cannot overstate my contempt' for such policies
> The special school has allowed the girl 'same-sex' care after the backlash
>
> JK Rowling has defended a disabled schoolgirl who was told she did not have
> the right to women-only care in school toilets.
>
> The parents of the 16 year-old girl, who has severe learning disabilities,
> were told two years ago the school was replacing it 'same-sex' intimate care
> policy with a 'cross-gender' policy. This meant male staff would also be able
> to take part in intimate care for the pupil - including using the toilet and
> changing rooms.
>
> Her parents have accused the special school, which has not been named, of
> putting their child at risk for the sake of 'celebrating staff diversity.'
>
> Although a lawyer said removing the policy was a breach of the 2010 Equality
> Act, the school dismissed the finding as 'outdated and against majority
> opinion'.
>
> JK Rowling blasted the school's approach on Twitter, saying it would endanger
> extremely vulnerable girls. 'This is a travesty. Have we learned nothing from
> successive abuse scandals? Do we value the disabled so little?'
>
> The parents of 'Helen' - not her real name - wrote about their dispute with
> the school in a post on website Transgender Trend. They said the school
> eventually conceded Helen could be cared for by women, but only because of
> 'parental preference'. 'There is no doubt in our minds that a priority for
> the school was to be able to appease, to be able to tell the staff the
> parents have insisted on it. This was the starting point of our journey: that
> a special school, with all its expertise and experience of teaching and
> supporting girls with severe learning disabilities, felt justified in tossing
> away Helen's rights in order to "celebrate staff diversity".'

But the moviePigs and Effa Pee Pees of the world assured this sort of thing
would never happen. Then when it happened, they assured it us that, like
spotting a unicorn, it would exceedingly rare. Then when it started worming
its way into all aspects of society, they shrugged and said, "What's the big
deal? So a little girl will be forced to have some dude she doesn't even know
seeing her naked and touching her intimate areas. There's an Agenda to service
here, after all!"

Re: [Semi-OT] JK Rowling - Extra Double Secret Canceled?

<tb09ok$1sn1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147440&group=rec.arts.tv#147440

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 18:21:09 +1200
 by: Your Name - Sun, 17 Jul 2022 06:21 UTC

On 2022-07-16 23:50:39 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> [...]
>> commission of a criminal offence by imposing it on her.
>>
>> 'If schools are worried that it might be discriminatory against male
>> staff members not to let them provide intimate care to girls, that is a
>> groundless fear.
>>
>> 'Discrimination requires a "detriment", and there's case law to say that
>> an "unjustified sense of grievance" isn't a detriment.'
>>
>> As well as JK Rowling's intervention, Helen's case was also raised in the
>> House of Lords by Baroness Nicholson of Winterbourne, who called the
>> incident 'scandalous'.
>>
>> She said 50 per cent of local authorities had introduced similar policies
>> on intimate care and warned that 'sexual assaults are happening'.
>
> The school is wrong and Rowling is right. But how are they possibly going
> to define male or female caregivers when you are whatever you say you are?

Unfortunately it probably isn't the school, but more likely an new rule
from the education authority who are stupidly trying to appease the
"Politically Correct" whiners rather than using actual common sense.
X-(

Re: [Semi-OT] JK Rowling - Extra Double Secret Canceled?

<tb0ia5$131d$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147456&group=rec.arts.tv#147456

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 03:47:00 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sun, 17 Jul 2022 08:47 UTC

On 7/16/2022 8:44 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jul 16, 2022 at 3:31:39 PM PDT, "Ed Stasiak" <edstasiak1067@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11019997/JK-Rowling-defends-16-year-old-girl-told-women-care-school-toilets.html
>>
>> 'This is a travesty': JK Rowling backs parents of disabled 16-year-old girl
>> who were told she didn't have the right to women-only care in special
>> school's toilets
>>
>> The schoolgirls' parents were told her care would use a 'cross-gender' policy
>> They argued she was being put at risk for the school to 'celebrate staff
>> diversity'
>> JK Rowling, 56, said 'I cannot overstate my contempt' for such policies
>> The special school has allowed the girl 'same-sex' care after the backlash
>>
>> JK Rowling has defended a disabled schoolgirl who was told she did not have
>> the right to women-only care in school toilets.
>>
>> The parents of the 16 year-old girl, who has severe learning disabilities,
>> were told two years ago the school was replacing it 'same-sex' intimate care
>> policy with a 'cross-gender' policy. This meant male staff would also be able
>> to take part in intimate care for the pupil - including using the toilet and
>> changing rooms.
>>
>> Her parents have accused the special school, which has not been named, of
>> putting their child at risk for the sake of 'celebrating staff diversity.'
>>
>> Although a lawyer said removing the policy was a breach of the 2010 Equality
>> Act, the school dismissed the finding as 'outdated and against majority
>> opinion'.
>>
>> JK Rowling blasted the school's approach on Twitter, saying it would endanger
>> extremely vulnerable girls. 'This is a travesty. Have we learned nothing from
>> successive abuse scandals? Do we value the disabled so little?'
>>
>> The parents of 'Helen' - not her real name - wrote about their dispute with
>> the school in a post on website Transgender Trend. They said the school
>> eventually conceded Helen could be cared for by women, but only because of
>> 'parental preference'. 'There is no doubt in our minds that a priority for
>> the school was to be able to appease, to be able to tell the staff the
>> parents have insisted on it. This was the starting point of our journey: that
>> a special school, with all its expertise and experience of teaching and
>> supporting girls with severe learning disabilities, felt justified in tossing
>> away Helen's rights in order to "celebrate staff diversity".'
>
> But the moviePigs and Effa Pee Pees of the world assured this sort of thing
> would never happen.

Nuts, Derp is so scared shitless of me that I didn't even make the list.

Then when it happened, they assured it us that, like
> spotting a unicorn, it would exceedingly rare.

Wow, you're getting like "Rich" in that your worm eaten brain has
trouble forming complete sentences. I ignored it the first two times.

Then when it started worming
> its way into all aspects of society, they shrugged and said, "What's the big
> deal? So a little girl will be forced to have some dude she doesn't even know
> seeing her naked and touching her intimate areas. There's an Agenda to service
> here, after all!"

Agenda? It sounds like you're talking about the GQP.