Meester, do you vant to buy a duck?

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)Ian J. Ball
+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)Arthur Lipscomb
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)anim8rfsk
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)Ian J. Ball
| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)anim8rfsk
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)anim8rfsk
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)BTR1701
 |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)anim8rfsk
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)Ian J. Ball
  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)anim8rfsk
   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)Ian J. Ball
    `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)anim8rfsk

1
What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)

<tb1g25$3po1k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147499&group=rec.arts.tv#147499

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 10:14:45 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 17 Jul 2022 17:14 UTC

On Saturday, I contiinued going through my brother's CDs, and watched:

Resident Evil (Netflix) - "Welcome to New Raccoon City" and "The Devil
You Know" (ep's #1 & #2).
I went into this with low expectations, and I think the show still
came in a little short of them.
So, first, the pre-production articles about this show were
misleading, implying it would be about two teens before the zombie
outbreak. Instead, it takes place in *two* timeframes: in 2022, with
the teen daughters, Jade and Billie (Tamara Smart from "The Worst
Witch", and Siena Agudong, respectively) living with their father
Albert Wesker (Lance Reddick), who inexplicably seems to be "good"
here, and not EVOL!!1! like in the movies...); and in 2036, 14 years
after the zombie apocalypse, with a now adult Jade running around the
world for [reasons!], and determined to take down the EVOL!!1! Umbrella
Corporation!
I think if the show had just been about the 2022 timeline, I would
like it more. I am not impressed with the 2036 timeline, and really
don't care what happens there.

The Expendables (Hulu) - All 3 "Expendables" movies are finally
collected under one streamer - in this case, Hulu - so I can finally
sit down and watch them!!
I got through the original 2010 movie on Saturday.
While this is fun, the plot didn't make much sense to me!
So Sly Stallone and Jason Statham, together(?), run a mercenary
group. At the film's start, they are running a hostage rescue op with
the full team (these two leads, plus Jet Li, Randy Couture, Terry
Crews, and Dolph Lundgren, whose Gunner character has some...
problems!). Stallone is forced to fire Gunner after the successful op.
Stallone then takes a meet with the mysterious Mr. Church (Bruce
Willis, in an uncredited cameo!), that also involves a rival merc
(Arnold Schwarzenegger, in an uncredited cameo!). I loved Stallone's
crack about how Schwarzenegger wants to "run for President"! Heh.
Anyway, Stallone takes the Willis' op, which involves taking out a
Caribbean(?) dictator (they specifically talk about an "island"), after
Schwarzenegger passes on it.
This is where I don't understand what happens - Stallone and
Statham, and *just* Stallone and Statham, then head to the island. Why
are they going just the two of them?! Is this a recon op?!! I never
heard an explanation.
After the recon, which involves a stunt with Statham in a plane
which was effin' *crazy*!! Stallone decides to pass on the op. But when
their cutie local contact (Giselle Itié - never heard of her!!) gets
captured, and Stallone decides to take the whole team back to the
island to bust her out! Action-y mayhem with ridiculously high body
counts ensues!!
I love how the "Big Bads" in this flick were Eric Roberts! (as a
rogue CIA guy!) - I guess the Expendables were stalked by a doctor!! -
and Stone Cold Steve Austin as Roberts' EVOL!!1! muscle! (Steve Austin,
as a *bad* guy?!?!!)
I was also highly amused to see Charisma Carpenter!! play Statham's
on-again-off-again slutty squeeze! (This was was Carpenter was c. 40
years old, so she still looks pretty good here.)
I'm going to try to get through "2" and "3" today.

The Old Man (recorded) - "VI" (ep. #1.6, the penultimate episode).
Covered by Adam in a separate thread (well, sort of - his thread is
more about the series as a whole...)
I actually mostly liked this episode, as things actually *happen*.
Dan and Zoe make it to... Morocco(?), and Dan meets with the former
Russian officer that he sprung from Hamzad's captivity on Belour's
orders (played as an old man by Rade Serbedzija). Meanwhile, Hamzad's
lawyer hits Zoe up!
Meanwhile, Morgan Bote (Joel Grey) threatens Harold Harper, as
Harold and Angela make their way to meet up with Dan - Bote wants
Harper to abaondon Angela and let her take the fall, and if Harper does
Bote will clear his name.
In the end, Angela apparently gets nabbed by Bote's assassin dude,
so Harper is forced to team up with Dan!
Ep. "VII" is the season finale - clearly there will be no resolution
at all with this series... >:/

Flowers in the Attic: The Origin - "The Mother" (ep. "#2"). This picked
up exactly where "ep. #1" left off - Malcolm's "step mommy", Alicia
(Alana Boden) gives birth to Corrine, in the titular attic, which
Olivia (Jemima Rooper) passes off as ther own, and then Olivia sends
her off with her son Christopher, but not before giving us glimpses of
what Olivia is going to become (i.e. *not good*!).
But then, at the 30 minute mark, it annoyingly time jumps what must
have been 16 years forward. At this point, Hannah Dodd takes over as
young Corrine Foxworth. The rest of this is mostly Corrine drama, as
EVOL!!1! Malcolm (Max Irons) starts lusting after his own daughter, and
basically imprisons her at Foxworth Manor. Other stuff happens with
Corrine's older brothers - eventually, one of them dies in a car
accident.
But then! Alicia turns back up at the end (presumably with
Christopher soon to come!) - so it looks like "ep. #3" will be about
Corrine getting on with her "uncle" (really her half-brother!!)
Christopher, and probably getting raped by her EVOL!!1! father.

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)

<tb1i10$3ptsq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147505&group=rec.arts.tv#147505

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 10:48:13 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sun, 17 Jul 2022 17:48 UTC

On 7/17/2022 10:14 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On Saturday, I contiinued going through my brother's CDs, and watched:
>
> Resident Evil (Netflix) - "Welcome to New Raccoon City" and "The Devil
> You Know" (ep's #1 & #2).
>   I went into this with low expectations, and I think the show still
> came in a little short of them.
>   So, first, the pre-production articles about this show were
> misleading, implying it would be about two teens before the zombie
> outbreak. Instead, it takes place in *two* timeframes: in 2022, with the
> teen daughters, Jade and Billie (Tamara Smart from "The Worst Witch",
> and Siena Agudong, respectively) living with their father Albert Wesker
> (Lance Reddick), who inexplicably seems to be "good" here, and not
> EVOL!!1! like in the movies...); and in 2036, 14 years after the zombie
> apocalypse, with a now adult Jade running around the world for
> [reasons!], and determined to take down the EVOL!!1! Umbrella Corporation!
>   I think if the show had just been about the 2022 timeline, I would
> like it more. I am not impressed with the 2036 timeline, and really
> don't care what happens there.

I found a spot to add the original movies to my watch calendar for next
year. That's when I'll get to this as well.

> The Expendables (Hulu) - All 3 "Expendables" movies are finally
> collected under one streamer - in this case, Hulu - so I can finally sit
> down and watch them!!
>   I got through the original 2010 movie on Saturday.
>   While this is fun, the plot didn't make much sense to me!

Let me explain the plot to you. All the top action stars of the 80s/90s
are in the same movie. That's the plot. And it is a *good* plot!

>   So Sly Stallone and Jason Statham, together(?), run a mercenary
> group. At the film's start, they are running a hostage rescue op with
> the full team (these two leads, plus Jet Li, Randy Couture, Terry Crews,
> and Dolph Lundgren, whose Gunner character has some... problems!).
> Stallone is forced to fire Gunner after the successful op.
>   Stallone then takes a meet with the mysterious Mr. Church (Bruce
> Willis, in an uncredited cameo!), that also involves a rival merc
> (Arnold Schwarzenegger, in an uncredited cameo!). I loved Stallone's
> crack about how Schwarzenegger wants to "run for President"! Heh.
> Anyway, Stallone takes the Willis' op, which involves taking out a
> Caribbean(?) dictator (they specifically talk about an "island"), after
> Schwarzenegger passes on it.
>   This is where I don't understand what happens - Stallone and Statham,
> and *just* Stallone and Statham, then head to the island. Why are they
> going just the two of them?! Is this a recon op?!! I never heard an
> explanation.
>   After the recon, which involves a stunt with Statham in a plane which
> was effin' *crazy*!! Stallone decides to pass on the op. But when their
> cutie local contact (Giselle Itié - never heard of her!!) gets captured,
> and Stallone decides to take the whole team back to the island to bust
> her out! Action-y mayhem with ridiculously high body counts ensues!!
>   I love how the "Big Bads" in this flick were Eric Roberts! (as a
> rogue CIA guy!) - I guess the Expendables were stalked by a doctor!! -
> and Stone Cold Steve Austin as Roberts' EVOL!!1! muscle! (Steve Austin,
> as a *bad* guy?!?!!)
>   I was also highly amused to see Charisma Carpenter!! play Statham's
> on-again-off-again slutty squeeze! (This was was Carpenter was c. 40
> years old, so she still looks pretty good here.)
>   I'm going to try to get through "2" and "3" today.

Supposedly Expendables 4 is coming out this year. But I've heard almost
nothing about it, and haven't seen a single frame of promotional
material. The film wrapped up and has been in the can since last year,
so technically it can come out this year. I just wish they'd confirm a
release date so I can know when I need to rewatch the first three.

> The Old Man (recorded) - "VI" (ep. #1.6, the penultimate episode).
>   Covered by Adam in a separate thread (well, sort of - his thread is
> more about the series as a whole...)
>   I actually mostly liked this episode, as things actually *happen*.
>   Dan and Zoe make it to... Morocco(?), and Dan meets with the former
> Russian officer that he sprung from Hamzad's captivity on Belour's
> orders (played as an old man by Rade Serbedzija). Meanwhile, Hamzad's
> lawyer hits Zoe up!
>   Meanwhile, Morgan Bote (Joel Grey) threatens Harold Harper, as Harold
> and Angela make their way to meet up with Dan - Bote wants Harper to
> abaondon Angela and let her take the fall, and if Harper does Bote will
> clear his name.
>   In the end, Angela apparently gets nabbed by Bote's assassin dude, so
> Harper is forced to team up with Dan!
>   Ep. "VII" is the season finale - clearly there will be no resolution
> at all with this series...  >:/
>
> Flowers in the Attic: The Origin - "The Mother" (ep. "#2"). This picked
> up exactly where "ep. #1" left off - Malcolm's "step mommy", Alicia
> (Alana Boden) gives birth to Corrine, in the titular attic, which Olivia
> (Jemima Rooper) passes off as ther own, and then Olivia sends her off
> with her son Christopher, but not before giving us glimpses of what
> Olivia is going to become (i.e. *not good*!).
>   But then, at the 30 minute mark, it annoyingly time jumps what must
> have been 16 years forward. At this point, Hannah Dodd takes over as
> young Corrine Foxworth. The rest of this is mostly Corrine drama, as
> EVOL!!1! Malcolm (Max Irons) starts lusting after his own daughter, and
> basically imprisons her at Foxworth Manor. Other stuff happens with
> Corrine's older brothers - eventually, one of them dies in a car accident.
>   But then! Alicia turns back up at the end (presumably with
> Christopher soon to come!) - so it looks like "ep. #3" will be about
> Corrine getting on with her "uncle" (really her half-brother!!)
> Christopher, and probably getting raped by her EVOL!!1! father.
>

> What did you watch?

I already posted in the other thread.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)

<12729563.679775239.993122.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147508&group=rec.arts.tv#147508

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 11:30:51 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 17 Jul 2022 18:30 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On Saturday, I contiinued going through my brother's CDs, and watched:
>
> Resident Evil (Netflix) - "Welcome to New Raccoon City" and "The Devil
> You Know" (ep's #1 & #2).

Netflix asked me if I wanted to watch eight episodes of resident evil or
four episodes of resident evil infinite darkness. Which is the what?

<tb1mbf$3qbv8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147515&group=rec.arts.tv#147515

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 12:02:07 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 17 Jul 2022 19:02 UTC

On 2022-07-17 18:30:51 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On Saturday, I contiinued going through my brother's CDs, and watched:
>>
>> Resident Evil (Netflix) - "Welcome to New Raccoon City" and "The Devil
>> You Know" (ep's #1 & #2).
>
> Netflix asked me if I wanted to watch eight episodes of resident evil or
> four episodes of resident evil infinite darkness. Which is the what?

The latter is an animated series, I believe.

>> I went into this with low expectations, and I think the show still
>> came in a little short of them.
>> So, first, the pre-production articles about this show were
>> misleading, implying it would be about two teens before the zombie
>> outbreak. Instead, it takes place in *two* timeframes: in 2022, with
>> the teen daughters, Jade and Billie (Tamara Smart from "The Worst
>> Witch", and Siena Agudong, respectively) living with their father
>> Albert Wesker (Lance Reddick), who inexplicably seems to be "good"
>> here, and not EVOL!!1! like in the movies...); and in 2036, 14 years
>> after the zombie apocalypse, with a now adult Jade running around the
>> world for [reasons!], and determined to take down the EVOL!!1! Umbrella
>> Corporation!
>> I think if the show had just been about the 2022 timeline, I would
>> like it more. I am not impressed with the 2036 timeline, and really
>> don't care what happens there.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)

<1185447424.679799045.787001.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147539&group=rec.arts.tv#147539

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 18:17:21 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 01:17 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-07-17 18:30:51 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>>> On Saturday, I contiinued going through my brother's CDs, and watched:
>>>
>>> Resident Evil (Netflix) - "Welcome to New Raccoon City" and "The Devil
>>> You Know" (ep's #1 & #2).
>>
>> Netflix asked me if I wanted to watch eight episodes of resident evil or
>> four episodes of resident evil infinite darkness. Which is the what?
>
> The latter is an animated series, I believe.

Yeah, I found that out the hard way. More mo crap. The characters are OK
looking but the movement looks like no talent people wearing dots on them
waving their hands and continually weaving back-and-forth like they are
seaweed.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)

<1609061949.679799166.675041.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147540&group=rec.arts.tv#147540

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 18:17:21 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 01:17 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On Saturday, I contiinued going through my brother's CDs, and watched:
>
> Resident Evil (Netflix) - "Welcome to New Raccoon City" and "The Devil
> You Know" (ep's #1 & #2).
> I went into this with low expectations, and I think the show still
> came in a little short of them.
> So, first, the pre-production articles about this show were
> misleading, implying it would be about two teens before the zombie
> outbreak. Instead, it takes place in *two* timeframes: in 2022, with
> the teen daughters, Jade and Billie (Tamara Smart from "The Worst
> Witch", and Siena Agudong, respectively) living with their father
> Albert Wesker (Lance Reddick), who inexplicably seems to be "good"
> here, and not EVOL!!1! like in the movies...); and in 2036, 14 years
> after the zombie apocalypse, with a now adult Jade running around the
> world for [reasons!], and determined to take down the EVOL!!1! Umbrella
> Corporation!
> I think if the show had just been about the 2022 timeline, I would
> like it more. I am not impressed with the 2036 timeline, and really
> don't care what happens there.

For the most part I agree with you, no matter how wrong that makes me.

This is going to be very schizophrenic. I liked it better than you did
overall, but I found that when they were in 2022 I wished they were in 2036
and when they were in 2036 I wish they were in 2022! I kept wanting to
flip the channel!

The umbrella corporation lab has the stupidest security in the world.

I love the south Africa setting and architecture. These whole subdivisions
that look like they fell out of a French science-fiction film from the
1950s.

I watched the same two episodes you did. I am hopelessly confused about how
this fits into the movie timeline or if it even does. Both this and the
animated show have title cards that say they are based on the video game.

I really like how Wexler handled the school and the other students father.
But how the hell did the principal not know that this kid‘s last name was
Wexler until her father walked in? And did the older sister stick the
raccoon mask in little sisters locker? Because that’s mean as Adam. Also
since the lockers don’t lock, anything found in one isn’t exactly ironclad
evidence! Not to mention she was so obviously being framed.

I also think they did a good job of casting the younger and older versions
of the character. Apparently there’s going to be an older version of the
younger sister as well.

Here is the big problem I have with it. Nothing these girls do is
survivable. If they don’t turn out to be meta-humans of some sort it’s
going to be completely unbelievable. They shake off lethal impacts and at
worst take a slight nap before being back at 100% more egregiously than Tom
Cruise ever dreamt of.

I’m going to give it at least one more episode to see what future sister
looks like.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)

<o4OdnVUtv6NoJUn_nZ2dnUU7-SPNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147543&group=rec.arts.tv#147543

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 20:35:49 -0500
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 01:35 UTC

On Jul 17, 2022 at 6:17:21 PM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On Saturday, I contiinued going through my brother's CDs, and watched:
>>
>> Resident Evil (Netflix) - "Welcome to New Raccoon City" and "The Devil
>> You Know" (ep's #1 & #2).
>> I went into this with low expectations, and I think the show still
>> came in a little short of them.
>> So, first, the pre-production articles about this show were
>> misleading, implying it would be about two teens before the zombie
>> outbreak. Instead, it takes place in *two* timeframes: in 2022, with
>> the teen daughters, Jade and Billie (Tamara Smart from "The Worst
>> Witch", and Siena Agudong, respectively) living with their father
>> Albert Wesker (Lance Reddick), who inexplicably seems to be "good"
>> here, and not EVOL!!1! like in the movies...); and in 2036, 14 years
>> after the zombie apocalypse, with a now adult Jade running around the
>> world for [reasons!], and determined to take down the EVOL!!1! Umbrella
>> Corporation!
>> I think if the show had just been about the 2022 timeline, I would
>> like it more. I am not impressed with the 2036 timeline, and really
>> don't care what happens there.
>
> For the most part I agree with you, no matter how wrong that makes me.
>
> This is going to be very schizophrenic. I liked it better than you did
> overall, but I found that when they were in 2022 I wished they were in 2036
> and when they were in 2036 I wish they were in 2022! I kept wanting to
> flip the channel!
>
> The umbrella corporation lab has the stupidest security in the world.
>
> I love the south Africa setting and architecture. These whole subdivisions
> that look like they fell out of a French science-fiction film from the
> 1950s.
>
> I watched the same two episodes you did. I am hopelessly confused about how
> this fits into the movie timeline or if it even does. Both this and the
> animated show have title cards that say they are based on the video game.

That's a legal requirement. They're using the basic plot and various elements
and characters from the game, so they have to include a "based on" credit.
Doesn't mean the show actually fits into the continuity anywhere.

> I really like how Wexler handled the school and the other students father.
> But how the hell did the principal not know that this kid‘s last name was
> Wexler until her father walked in?

Wesker

> And did the older sister stick the raccoon mask in little sisters locker?

Yep. But she wasn't trying to frame her sister with the officials. She wanted
it to be known by the other kids that it was her sister so they'd respect her.

> Here is the big problem I have with it. Nothing these girls do is
> survivable. If they don’t turn out to be meta-humans of some sort it’s
> going to be completely unbelievable. They shake off lethal impacts and at
> worst take a slight nap before being back at 100% more egregiously than Tom
> Cruise ever dreamt of.

That's what I said earlier. The Mad Maxers said Jade had a concussion and
internal bleeding from the attack of the 100-foot caterpillar, but then mere
hours later, she's up and dodging an entire Umbrella hit team like a flying
Wallenda.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)

<tb2fl3$35rr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147546&group=rec.arts.tv#147546

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 19:13:55 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 02:13 UTC

On 2022-07-18 01:17:21 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, I contiinued going through my brother's CDs, and watched:
>>
>> Resident Evil (Netflix) - "Welcome to New Raccoon City" and "The Devil
>> You Know" (ep's #1 & #2).
>> I went into this with low expectations, and I think the show still
>> came in a little short of them.
>> So, first, the pre-production articles about this show were
>> misleading, implying it would be about two teens before the zombie
>> outbreak. Instead, it takes place in *two* timeframes: in 2022, with
>> the teen daughters, Jade and Billie (Tamara Smart from "The Worst
>> Witch", and Siena Agudong, respectively) living with their father
>> Albert Wesker (Lance Reddick), who inexplicably seems to be "good"
>> here, and not EVOL!!1! like in the movies...); and in 2036, 14 years
>> after the zombie apocalypse, with a now adult Jade running around the
>> world for [reasons!], and determined to take down the EVOL!!1! Umbrella
>> Corporation!
>> I think if the show had just been about the 2022 timeline, I would
>> like it more. I am not impressed with the 2036 timeline, and really
>> don't care what happens there.
>
> For the most part I agree with you, no matter how wrong that makes me.
>
> This is going to be very schizophrenic. I liked it better than you did
> overall, but I found that when they were in 2022 I wished they were in 2036
> and when they were in 2036 I wish they were in 2022! I kept wanting to
> flip the channel!

I still like 2022 much better than 2036 - I literally don't care what
happens in 2036, and they keep dragging it out!! >:/

> The umbrella corporation lab has the stupidest security in the world.

Yeah, I did like how two addle-brained teenaged girls could break into
a top security lab!

> I love the south Africa setting and architecture. These whole subdivisions
> that look like they fell out of a French science-fiction film from the
> 1950s.
>
> I watched the same two episodes you did. I am hopelessly confused about how
> this fits into the movie timeline or if it even does.

At first I thought this might take place between RE "2" and "3". But
ep. #4 hopelessly muddies that, as they put the "Raccoon City"
"incident" in 1998. With that, I don't think there's anyway this fits
into the movies' timeline.

> Both this and the
> animated show have title cards that say they are based on the video game.
>
> I really like how Wexler handled the school and the other students father.

I was pissed that he didn't do something to the bully daughter - I was
hoping he was going to "disappear" her!

> But how the hell did the principal not know that this kid‘s last name was
> Wexler until her father walked in? And did the older sister stick the
> raccoon mask in little sisters locker? Because that’s mean as Adam. Also
> since the lockers don’t lock, anything found in one isn’t exactly ironclad
> evidence! Not to mention she was so obviously being framed.
>
> I also think they did a good job of casting the younger and older versions
> of the character. Apparently there’s going to be an older version of the
> younger sister as well.

I'm betting older Billie doesn't show up until ep. #8. :/

> Here is the big problem I have with it. Nothing these girls do is
> survivable. If they don’t turn out to be meta-humans of some sort it’s
> going to be completely unbelievable. They shake off lethal impacts and at
> worst take a slight nap before being back at 100% more egregiously than Tom
> Cruise ever dreamt of.

Yeah, the plunge Jade took in ep. #2 was not survivable.

> I’m going to give it at least one more episode to see what future sister
> looks like.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)

<1625198798.679810483.122007.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147569&group=rec.arts.tv#147569

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 21:37:06 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 04:37 UTC

> [...]
>> since the lockers don’t lock, anything found in one isn’t exactly ironclad
>> evidence! Not to mention she was so obviously being framed.
>>
>> I also think they did a good job of casting the younger and older versions
>> of the character. Apparently there’s going to be an older version of the
>> younger sister as well.
>
> I'm betting older Billie doesn't show up until ep. #8. :/
>
>> Here is the big problem I have with it. Nothing these girls do is
>> survivable. If they don’t turn out to be meta-humans of some sort it’s
>> going to be completely unbelievable. They shake off lethal impacts and at
>> worst take a slight nap before being back at 100% more egregiously than Tom
>> Cruise ever dreamt of.
>
> Yeah, the plunge Jade took in ep. #2 was not survivable.
>
>> I’m going to give it at least one more episode to see what future sister

Episode three DEFILING GRAVITY syndrome hit. Different writers and
director, and the plot did not advance the narrative at all. Plus half of
its hiding from spiders in a cave in total darkness.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)

<871691793.679810611.052641.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147570&group=rec.arts.tv#147570

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 21:37:07 -0700

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Wesker
>
>> And did the older sister stick the raccoon mask in little sisters locker?
>
> Yep. But she wasn't trying to frame her sister with the officials. She wanted
it to be known by the other kids that it was her sister so they'd respect
her.

>> Here is the big problem I have with it. Nothing these girls do is
>> survivable. If they don’t turn out to be meta-humans of some sort it’s
>> going to be completely unbelievable. They shake off lethal impacts and at
>> worst take a slight nap before being back at 100% more egregiously than Tom
>> Cruise ever dreamt of.
>
> That's what I said earlier. The Mad Maxers said Jade had a concussion and
internal bleeding from the attack of the 100-foot caterpillar, but then
mere
hours later, she's up and dodging an entire Umbrella hit team like a

Yep

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)

<tb2oab$52tm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147571&group=rec.arts.tv#147571

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 21:41:47 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 04:41 UTC

On 2022-07-18 04:37:06 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> For the most part I agree with you, no matter how wrong that makes me.
>>>
>>> This is going to be very schizophrenic. I liked it better than you did
>>> overall, but I found that when they were in 2022 I wished they were in 2036
>>> and when they were in 2036 I wish they were in 2022! I kept wanting to
>>> flip the channel!
>>
>> I still like 2022 much better than 2036 - I literally don't care what
>> happens in 2036, and they keep dragging it out!! >:/
>>
>>> The umbrella corporation lab has the stupidest security in the world.
>>
>> Yeah, I did like how two addle-brained teenaged girls could break into
>> a top security lab!
>>
>>> I love the south Africa setting and architecture. These whole subdivisions
>>> that look like they fell out of a French science-fiction film from the
>>> 1950s.
>>>
>>> I watched the same two episodes you did. I am hopelessly confused about how
>>> this fits into the movie timeline or if it even does.
>>
>> At first I thought this might take place between RE "2" and "3". But
>> ep. #4 hopelessly muddies that, as they put the "Raccoon City"
>> "incident" in 1998. With that, I don't think there's anyway this fits
>> into the movies' timeline.
>>
>>> Both this and the
>>> animated show have title cards that say they are based on the video game.
>>>
>>> I really like how Wexler handled the school and the other students father.
>>
>> I was pissed that he didn't do something to the bully daughter - I was
>> hoping he was going to "disappear" her!
>>
>>> But how the hell did the principal not know that this kid‘s last name was
>>> Wexler until her father walked in? And did the older sister stick the
>>> raccoon mask in little sisters locker? Because that’s mean as Adam. Also
>>> since the lockers don’t lock, anything found in one isn’t exactly ironclad
>>> evidence! Not to mention she was so obviously being framed.
>>>
>>> I also think they did a good job of casting the younger and older versions
>>> of the character. Apparently there’s going to be an older version of the
>>> younger sister as well.
>>
>> I'm betting older Billie doesn't show up until ep. #8. :/
>>
>>> Here is the big problem I have with it. Nothing these girls do is
>>> survivable. If they don’t turn out to be meta-humans of some sort it’s
>>> going to be completely unbelievable. They shake off lethal impacts and at
>>> worst take a slight nap before being back at 100% more egregiously than Tom
>>> Cruise ever dreamt of.
>>
>> Yeah, the plunge Jade took in ep. #2 was not survivable.
>>
>>> I’m going to give it at least one more episode to see what future sister
>>> looks like.
>
> Episode three DEFILING GRAVITY syndrome hit. Different writers and
> director, and the plot did not advance the narrative at all. Plus half of
> its hiding from spiders in a cave in total darkness.

Ep. #4 actually advances the story some, and sets up ep. #5 where I
think even more story development may happen. FWIW.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-07-16 (Saturday)

<390525117.679812555.875255.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147573&group=rec.arts.tv#147573

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 21:49:50 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 04:49 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-07-18 04:37:06 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> I still like 2022 much better than 2036 - I literally don't care what
>>> happens in 2036, and they keep dragging it out!! >:/

>>> Yeah, I did like how two addle-brained teenaged girls could break into
>>> a top security lab!

>>> At first I thought this might take place between RE "2" and "3". But
>>> ep. #4 hopelessly muddies that, as they put the "Raccoon City"
>>> "incident" in 1998. With that, I don't think there's anyway this fits
>>> into the movies' timeline.

>>> I was pissed that he didn't do something to the bully daughter - I was
>>> hoping he was going to "disappear" her!

>>> I'm betting older Billie doesn't show up until ep. #8. :/

>>> Yeah, the plunge Jade took in ep. #2 was not survivable.

>> Episode three DEFILING GRAVITY syndrome hit. Different writers and
>> director, and the plot did not advance the narrative at all. Plus half of
>> its hiding from spiders in a cave in total darkness.
>
> Ep. #4 actually advances the story some, and sets up ep. #5 where I
> think even more story development may happen. FWIW.

Thanks. My Cox is out right now but maybe I’ll take a look tomorrow. :-)