Many hands make light work. -- John Heywood

arts / rec.arts.tv / FOR ALL MANKIND

SubjectAuthor
* FOR ALL MANKINDanim8rfsk
+* Re: FOR ALL MANKINDBTR1701
|`* Re: FOR ALL MANKINDRhino
| `* Re: FOR ALL MANKINDanim8rfsk
|  +- Re: FOR ALL MANKINDRhino
|  `- Re: FOR ALL MANKINDUbiquitous
`* Re: FOR ALL MANKINDsuzeeq
 `* Re: FOR ALL MANKINDRhino
  +* Re: FOR ALL MANKINDanim8rfsk
  |`- Re: FOR ALL MANKINDYour Name
  `* Re: FOR ALL MANKINDsuzeeq
   +- Re: FOR ALL MANKINDYour Name
   `* Re: FOR ALL MANKINDUbiquitous
    `* Re: FOR ALL MANKINDanim8rfsk
     `* Re: FOR ALL MANKINDUbiquitous
      `* Re: FOR ALL MANKINDanim8rfsk
       +- Re: FOR ALL MANKINDThe Horny Goat
       +* Re: FOR ALL MANKINDYour Name
       |+* Re: FOR ALL MANKINDshawn
       ||`- Re: FOR ALL MANKINDanim8rfsk
       |`- Re: FOR ALL MANKINDUbiquitous
       `- Re: FOR ALL MANKINDUbiquitous

1
FOR ALL MANKIND

<1211494042.679942905.628798.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147828&group=rec.arts.tv#147828

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: FOR ALL MANKIND
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 10:03:55 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 19 Jul 2022 17:03 UTC

I am at about S01E05. I just hit BTR‘s favorite annoyance, normal gravity
inside the LEM!

Also, why the hell are they assuming that any ice they find on the moon
will be water ice?!?

Re: FOR ALL MANKIND

<RbidnSddjodEdEv_nZ2dnUU7-W2dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147835&group=rec.arts.tv#147835

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: FOR ALL MANKIND
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 12:28:57 -0500
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 19 Jul 2022 17:28 UTC

On Jul 19, 2022 at 10:03:55 AM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> I am at about S01E05. I just hit BTR‘s favorite annoyance, normal gravity
> inside the LEM!

It gets even worse later on when they have a full-fledged base on the moon
staffed with about 30 people, all bustling about doing their daily work and
moving around as if they were in a facility on earth.

> Also, why the hell are they assuming that any ice they find on the moon
> will be water ice?!?

Re: FOR ALL MANKIND

<tb70e3$166kd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147846&group=rec.arts.tv#147846

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 15:24:48 -0400
 by: Rhino - Tue, 19 Jul 2022 19:24 UTC

On 2022-07-19 1:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jul 19, 2022 at 10:03:55 AM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> I am at about S01E05. I just hit BTR‘s favorite annoyance, normal gravity
>> inside the LEM!
>
> It gets even worse later on when they have a full-fledged base on the moon
> staffed with about 30 people, all bustling about doing their daily work and
> moving around as if they were in a facility on earth.
>
>> Also, why the hell are they assuming that any ice they find on the moon
>> will be water ice?!?

This whole series was obviously intended for feminists, not
science-fiction fans, so they probably figured they could overlook
realities like the 1/6 gravity without the audience noticing. Anyone who
noticed - most likely a male - could be shushed by accusing them of
patriarchal bullying of scrappy young feminists.

--
Rhino

Re: FOR ALL MANKIND

<tb71di$evk4$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147848&group=rec.arts.tv#147848

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 12:41:36 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 19 Jul 2022 19:41 UTC

On 7/19/2022 10:03 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> I am at about S01E05. I just hit BTR‘s favorite annoyance, normal gravity
> inside the LEM!
>
> Also, why the hell are they assuming that any ice they find on the moon
> will be water ice?!?

I think they analyzed it and it came back as water, but with a lot of
hyrdogen, helium, something, in it too.

Re: FOR ALL MANKIND

<740539560.680140566.577721.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148208&group=rec.arts.tv#148208

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 16:56:46 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 23:56 UTC

FOR ALL MANKIND

25% science-fiction alternate history, 75% soap opera. This would be a lot
better if they only did two or three episodes per season.

The through line of the series seems to be that if we have had to keep
competing against the godless Ruskies then technology and eventually social
policy would be wildly advanced beyond where it is today.

BTR had complained earlier about low gravity on the moon’s surface but
normal earth gravity whenever they’re inside the moon facilities. Later we
will have a similar problem on the spaceships racing to Mars. There’s only
one spaceship that’s weightless and it’s the one under constant
acceleration so it’s the one that shouldn’t be weightless. Idiots.

So because the godless ruskies landed on the moon first Ted Kennedy
canceled the trip where he murdered his intern, although he later gets
caught screwing her in the White House anyway

And that leads to him being president

Later Reagan will get eight years but then Hart becomes president and then
the lesbian astronaut Who beats out Bill Clinton. They show Carter but I’m
not sure that he ever got a turn.

Kennedy starts handing out contracts to people that can’t do the work right
in exchange for votes for the ERA and gets a Saturn five blown up and a
dozen people killed

Wernher von Braun has proof of this but his protégé trades it for a
promotion to flight Director. Later she sells out to the godless Ruskies.

Meanwhile the FBI has a full-time office in NASA headquarters trying to
weed out godless homosexuals and Commie infiltrators

The lesbian astronaut mission commander is forced to marry her gay engineer
Buddy to throw suspicion off both of them

But her girlfriend isn’t having any part of it so she dumps her

Barbara Wawa just reported that the Democratic Party won’t support Kennedy
for a second term

Astronauts sons broke the water meters at their school with cherry bombs

I don’t think the writers understood the prank. You drop them in toilets. I
don’t know how you go about breaking water meters.

This leads to the kids mother slapping him and grounding him which leads to
him sneaking out to go to his basketball game which leads to him getting
run over by a car while his dad is on the moon

Now his mother is seeing her local drug addict to kill the pain

I was going to just skip ahead to the last episode of the season but this
is the second to last

They had a bunch of female astronauts up there all at the same time and a
female flight director and of course that all went wrong and everybody’s
gonna die

Luckily men stepped in and refused to take the orders from women and can
save the day

A lot of people gave up on this because it was too woke because they stuck
in all these women but the women seem to be pretty much fuck ups

Meanwhile on the moon the dead kids father murders one of the godless
Russians that was trying to steal our ice while Frank Sinatra sings “my
way”

In the astounding conclusion, the murder turns out to have been fake so he
can get the godless Russian tied up and interrogate him.

Kennedy is afraid that all the women at NASA screwup‘s will mean Reagan
will beat him in the next presidential race

Immigration got the illegal Mexicans, the daughter of which was the hope
for the future of the space program

Her father is telling her to sneak back to Mexico to avoid being deported

The old astronaut and the lesbian astronaut are trapped hurtling into
space. She admits her dark secret to him

The finale is the exciting rescue mission

The lesbian has come up with a plan so crazy it just might work!

Her crazy plan worked but I’m not sure what it accomplished

Gah. It cut to a funeral on the moon. So I have no idea what the hell
happened.

This makes no sense at all

It ends with the lesbian, the only American on the moon, sending her love
to her beard husband, breaking her lesbian lover bartender’s heart

There was a post credits sequence to 1983 and they’re launching a gigantic
plutonium filled space ship to the moon

1976. Reagan becomes president!

Roman Polanski rapes little girls

John Lennon assassin misses!

Reagan wins second term

Hey we caught Polanski at the Canadian border trying to escape!

The Soviet union decides not to invade Afghanistan because they need to use
those resources on the space race

Assassin kills Pope John Paul II

NASA names the first space shuttle enterprise because Trekkies are stupid

For all mankind. 10 years after her son got run down by a car, the
astronauts wife is sleeping with the kids best friend. We’ve gone full
soap.

Why and now he loves her and wants to quit college and move in with her.
Over the decades to come this will lead to him becoming drunk and a stocker
and psychotic but he’ll never stop loving her.

We spent an entire episode following her adopted Vietnam orphan refugee
daughter (A character we’d never even seen before) pick out colleges

In the next episode she tracks down her birth father who has a restaurant
nearby and goes and visits and watches them from afar and never tells
anybody there who she is rendering during this entire prolonged sequence
pointless

Now her astronaut husband is off on what’s probably a suicide missile
mission to stop the godless ruskies from taking over the moon and the wife
insists on telling him she’s screwing this college kid on his way out the
door

Now they have standard issue STS orbiters (same names too) that fly up to
Skylab, refuel, and head on to the moon.

They just launched the new super shuttle pathfinder with the nerva nuclear
engine from the back of a plane like in Moonraker

In the exciting season two finale the world is saved by the women,
especially the women of color, and the women who like other women, all
simultaneously disobeying the orders of the men folk, especially the white
men folk.

We got back to some science-fiction action (even if the science was all
wrong) on FOR ALL MANKIND long enough for them to land on Mars and then it
instantly reverted to soap as the black astronaut broadcast back to earth
that he was gay.

On the race to Mars the NASA shuttle unveils it’s top-secret Solar Sail.
One of the fun parts of the show is identifying what they’re ripping off.
In this case it’s deep space nine (the guys in charge are mostly from
Trek). There’s also sequences from LIFEFORCE and many others including
EARTHSTORM!

Gay black guy is too busy whining and complaining and bitching about social
policy to actually do his job which is to repair the thermal control units.
I suspect this will come back and bite somebody in their hot ass.

The end of the episode they had invented don’t ask don’t tell because of
him but it was too late for him because he shot off his mouth on TV and he
put on a space suit and walked out and was standing alone on the surface of
Mars. I’m assuming he’s going to take his helmet off.

And that brings us up-to-date almost to the end of season three. There’s a
new episode tonight but I’ll be watching something else.

Re: FOR ALL MANKIND

<tbd5nn$2s2t2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148226&group=rec.arts.tv#148226

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 23:32:06 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 03:32 UTC

On 2022-07-21 7:56 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> [...]
> In this case it’s deep space nine (the guys in charge are mostly from
> Trek). There’s also sequences from LIFEFORCE and many others including
> EARTHSTORM!
>
> Gay black guy is too busy whining and complaining and bitching about social
> policy to actually do his job which is to repair the thermal control units.
> I suspect this will come back and bite somebody in their hot ass.
>
> The end of the episode they had invented don’t ask don’t tell because of
> him but it was too late for him because he shot off his mouth on TV and he
> put on a space suit and walked out and was standing alone on the surface of
> Mars. I’m assuming he’s going to take his helmet off.
>
> And that brings us up-to-date almost to the end of season three. There’s a
> new episode tonight but I’ll be watching something else.

Thanks for the refresher of Seasons 1 and 2 and the preview of Season 3.
I've been watching this from the beginning, although I'm really not sure
why. I save shows that I think I'll watch again but this show didn't
make the cut.

Maybe I over-generalized elsewhere in this thread in saying that the
series seems to focus very heavily on pushing women but that's what I
remember from the first two seasons. I'm an equality feminist: I like
strong characters that are competent and I don't care if they're male or
female. A good story will have both strong men and strong women. I don't
believe in showing females special favour nor in discriminating against
them. Give me some good female characters but don't make a show where
all the stars are women and the men are just foils so that the women can
show how magnificent they are compared to the men; that's the vibe I
remember from the first two seasons.

--
Rhino

Re: FOR ALL MANKIND

<tbd5sf$2s2t2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148227&group=rec.arts.tv#148227

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 23:34:40 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 03:34 UTC

On 2022-07-19 3:41 PM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 7/19/2022 10:03 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> I am at about S01E05. I just hit BTR‘s favorite annoyance, normal gravity
>> inside the LEM!
>>
>> Also, why the hell are they assuming that any ice they find on the moon
>> will be water ice?!?
>>

> I think they analyzed it and it came back as water, but with a lot of
> hyrdogen, helium, something, in it too.

The chemical formula of water is H2O which, if you recall your high
school chemistry, is two molecules of Hydrogen to one molecule of
Oxygen. In other words, when it comes to water, the hydrogen is "baked
right in".

--
Rhino

Re: FOR ALL MANKIND

<1786637976.680158541.995283.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148240&group=rec.arts.tv#148240

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 21:59:59 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 04:59 UTC

> On 2022-07-19 3:41 PM, suzeeq wrote:
>> On 7/19/2022 10:03 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>>> I am at about S01E05. I just hit BTR‘s favorite annoyance, normal gravity
>>> inside the LEM!
>>>
>>> Also, why the hell are they assuming that any ice they find on the moon
>>> will be water ice?!?
>>>

>> I think they analyzed it and it came back as water, but with a lot of
>> hyrdogen, helium, something, in it too.

No, in every case, they announced it was water ice before they ever got
hands-on with it. In fact the deposit they found that was the size of Lake
Tahoe on Mars they proclaimed to be drinking water even though all they had
was an aerial scan taken by a drone.

> The chemical formula of water is H2O which, if you recall your high
> school chemistry, is two molecules of Hydrogen to one molecule of
> Oxygen. In other words, when it comes to water, the hydrogen is "baked
> right in".

Re: FOR ALL MANKIND

<tbdbv9$hhrn$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148244&group=rec.arts.tv#148244

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 22:18:32 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 05:18 UTC

On 7/21/2022 8:34 PM, Rhino wrote:
> On 2022-07-19 3:41 PM, suzeeq wrote:
>> On 7/19/2022 10:03 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>>> I am at about S01E05. I just hit BTR‘s favorite annoyance, normal
>>> gravity
>>> inside the LEM!
>>>
>>> Also, why the hell are they assuming that any ice they find on the moon
>>> will be water ice?!?
>>>

>> I think they analyzed it and it came back as water, but with a lot of
>> hyrdogen, helium, something, in it too.
>
> The chemical formula of water is H2O which, if you recall your high
> school chemistry, is two molecules of Hydrogen to one molecule of
> Oxygen. In other words, when it comes to water, the hydrogen is "baked
> right in".

Right, but there was another element in it too. So maybe it's not just
plain 'water'.

Re: FOR ALL MANKIND

<tbdfj9$1ett$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148258&group=rec.arts.tv#148258

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 18:20:26 +1200
 by: Your Name - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 06:20 UTC

On 2022-07-22 05:18:32 +0000, suzeeq said:
> On 7/21/2022 8:34 PM, Rhino wrote:

>>> I think they analyzed it and it came back as water, but with a lot of
>>> hyrdogen, helium, something, in it too.
>>
>> The chemical formula of water is H2O which, if you recall your high
>> school chemistry, is two molecules of Hydrogen to one molecule of
>> Oxygen. In other words, when it comes to water, the hydrogen is "baked
>> right in".
>
> Right, but there was another element in it too. So maybe it's not just
> plain 'water'.

The formula "water" can also be D2O (aka "heavy water"), but Deuterium
is an isotope of Hydrogen anyway. Although it is advised not to drink
too much "heavy water".

Re: FOR ALL MANKIND

<tbdfps$1h5r$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148259&group=rec.arts.tv#148259

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 18:23:56 +1200
 by: Your Name - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 06:23 UTC

On 2022-07-22 04:59:59 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> I think they analyzed it and it came back as water, but with a lot of
>>> hyrdogen, helium, something, in it too.
>
> No, in every case, they announced it was water ice before they ever got
> hands-on with it. In fact the deposit they found that was the size of Lake
> Tahoe on Mars they proclaimed to be drinking water even though all they had
> was an aerial scan taken by a drone.

Depends how the scan" was done. They can tell the chemical composition
of distant stars and planets using spectroscopy.

Re: FOR ALL MANKIND

<tbe2md$32nju$11@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148282&group=rec.arts.tv#148282

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 07:46:21 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 11:46 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>FOR ALL MANKIND
>
>25% science-fiction alternate history, 75% soap opera. This would be a lot
>better if they only did two or three episodes per season.

Well, you convinced me not to bother watching it.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: FOR ALL MANKIND

<tbe30l$32nju$12@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148283&group=rec.arts.tv#148283

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 07:51:48 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 11:51 UTC

In article <tbdbv9$hhrn$1@solani.org>, suzee@imbris.com wrote:
> On 7/21/2022 8:34 PM, Rhino wrote:

What else would it be?

>>> I think they analyzed it and it came back as water, but with a lot of
>>> hyrdogen, helium, something, in it too.
>>
>> The chemical formula of water is H2O which, if you recall your high
>> school chemistry, is two molecules of Hydrogen to one molecule of
>> Oxygen. In other words, when it comes to water, the hydrogen is "baked
>> right in".
>
>Right, but there was another element in it too. So maybe it's not just
>plain 'water'.

Did you mean "pure water"?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: FOR ALL MANKIND

<1908110278.680188722.780694.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148293&group=rec.arts.tv#148293

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 07:43:56 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 14:43 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> In article <tbdbv9$hhrn$1@solani.org>, suzee@imbris.com wrote:

> What else would it be?

Most if not all liquids freeze. How about carbon dioxide ice?

>>> The chemical formula of water is H2O which, if you recall your high
>>> school chemistry, is two molecules of Hydrogen to one molecule of
>>> Oxygen. In other words, when it comes to water, the hydrogen is "baked
>>> right in".
>>
>> Right, but there was another element in it too. So maybe it's not just
>> plain 'water'.
>
> Did you mean "pure water"?
>
> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: FOR ALL MANKIND

<tbfegt$3el8s$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148358&group=rec.arts.tv#148358

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 20:14:21 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 00:14 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> What else would it be?
>
> Most if not all liquids freeze. How about carbon dioxide ice?

I don't think there any other liquids than water in space.

I didn't think of carbon dioxide ice, but wouldn't it dissapate or
subliminate on the Moon?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: FOR ALL MANKIND

<1112992815.680238028.918470.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148396&group=rec.arts.tv#148396

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 21:32:37 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 04:32 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> What else would it be?
>>
>> Most if not all liquids freeze. How about carbon dioxide ice?
>
> I don't think there any other liquids than water in space.
>
> I didn't think of carbon dioxide ice, but wouldn't it dissapate or
> subliminate on the Moon?

They found this in the shadows in a crater that never sees sunlight.

Why would liquid found in space have to be H2O? You could have oxygen ice
all by itself. It’s called LOX. Goes great with bagels.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: FOR ALL MANKIND

<jj2ndhtq0acekj3gik49he2d0irik1r4dv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148402&group=rec.arts.tv#148402

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 22:44:30 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 05:44 UTC

On Fri, 22 Jul 2022 21:32:37 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Why would liquid found in space have to be H2O? You could have oxygen ice
>all by itself. It’s called LOX. Goes great with bagels.

Har har har - I'm pretty sure that liquid oxygen would pretty quickly
turn bagels (or any kind of bread product) to crystals - I certainly
wouldn't want to take LOX internally!

Re: FOR ALL MANKIND

<tbg47k$1rs6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148406&group=rec.arts.tv#148406

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 18:24:52 +1200
 by: Your Name - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 06:24 UTC

On 2022-07-23 04:32:37 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> Most if not all liquids freeze. How about carbon dioxide ice?
>>
>> I don't think there any other liquids than water in space.
>>
>> I didn't think of carbon dioxide ice, but wouldn't it dissapate or
>> subliminate on the Moon?
>
> They found this in the shadows in a crater that never sees sunlight.
>
> Why would liquid found in space have to be H2O?

It's the same as the stupidity where the "experts" blinkeredly beleive
all extraterrestrial life needs H2O to exist. :-\

> You could have oxygen ice
> all by itself. It’s called LOX. Goes great with bagels.

Re: FOR ALL MANKIND

<q8endhlb0mgpqn8t4jcqulhvebl1k1r8tb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148432&group=rec.arts.tv#148432

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 05:04:01 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 09:04 UTC

On Sat, 23 Jul 2022 18:24:52 +1200, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
wrote:

>On 2022-07-23 04:32:37 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> I don't think there any other liquids than water in space.
>>>
>>> I didn't think of carbon dioxide ice, but wouldn't it dissapate or
>>> subliminate on the Moon?
>>
>> They found this in the shadows in a crater that never sees sunlight.
>>
>> Why would liquid found in space have to be H2O?
>
>It's the same as the stupidity where the "experts" blinkeredly beleive
>all extraterrestrial life needs H2O to exist. :-\

Sure, other forms could exist but it is the most common basis for life
that we know. I suppose an ammonia based life form could exist but
since we haven't found one it's hard to be sure what it would be like.

>> You could have oxygen ice
>> all by itself. It’s called LOX. Goes great with bagels.

Re: FOR ALL MANKIND

<922561523.680276369.501528.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148447&group=rec.arts.tv#148447

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 07:59:00 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 14:59 UTC

> On Sat, 23 Jul 2022 18:24:52 +1200, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
> wrote:

>>> They found this in the shadows in a crater that never sees sunlight.
>>>
>>> Why would liquid found in space have to be H2O?
>>
>> It's the same as the stupidity where the "experts" blinkeredly beleive
>> all extraterrestrial life needs H2O to exist. :-\
>>

> Sure, other forms could exist but it is the most common basis for life
> that we know. I suppose an ammonia based life form could exist but
> since we haven't found one it's hard to be sure what it would be like.
>>
>>> You could have oxygen ice
>>> all by itself. It’s called LOX. Goes great with bagels.

It’s got nothing to do with life.
First they find ice on the moon and assume it’s water ice before they test
it.
Then they find ice on Mars from readings taken by a drone and declare it
drinking water without having ever gotten hands on it at all.

Re: FOR ALL MANKIND

<tbm3m1$17lkg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148681&group=rec.arts.tv#148681

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 08:52:17 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 25 Jul 2022 12:52 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> Most if not all liquids freeze. How about carbon dioxide ice?
>>
>> I don't think there any other liquids than water in space.
>>
>> I didn't think of carbon dioxide ice, but wouldn't it dissapate or
>> subliminate on the Moon?
>
>They found this in the shadows in a crater that never sees sunlight.

Where did you read about them finmding dry ice on the Moon?

>Why would liquid found in space have to be H2O? You could have oxygen ice
>all by itself. It's called LOX. Goes great with bagels.

Heh.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: FOR ALL MANKIND

<tbm3p6$17lkg$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148682&group=rec.arts.tv#148682

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 08:53:58 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 25 Jul 2022 12:53 UTC

In article <tbg47k$1rs6$1@gioia.aioe.org>, YourName@YourISP.com wrote:
> On 2022-07-23 04:32:37 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> I didn't think of carbon dioxide ice, but wouldn't it dissapate or
>>> subliminate on the Moon?
>>
>> They found this in the shadows in a crater that never sees sunlight.
>>
>> Why would liquid found in space have to be H2O?
>
>It's the same as the stupidity where the "experts" blinkeredly beleive
>all extraterrestrial life needs H2O to exist. :-\

What else would it be based on, given water's unique properties?

--
Let's go Brandon!