You don't become a failure until you're satisfied with being one.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribers

SubjectAuthor
* Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribersanim8rfsk
+* Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribersYour Name
|+- Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribersDimensional Traveler
|`* Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribersUbiquitous
| `* Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribersanim8rfsk
|  `- Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribersUbiquitous
`* Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribersThe Horny Goat
 `* Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribersanim8rfsk
  `* Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribersDimensional Traveler
   +* Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribersYour Name
   |+- Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscriberstrotsky
   |`- Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscriberssuzeeq
   +* Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribersThe Horny Goat
   |`- Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribersanim8rfsk
   `- Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribersanim8rfsk

1
Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribers

<1739430203.679967840.902042.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147912&group=rec.arts.tv#147912

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribers
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 21:00:40 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 20 Jul 2022 04:00 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://www.bbc.com/news/business-62226912

I had to ask Siri how many subscribers they still had which should’ve been
right in the first paragraph. She said 222 million. So 1 million seems like
a big number but not percentage wise. Frankly I’m surprised it’s not more.

Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribers

<tb7v1r$fgm$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147913&group=rec.arts.tv#147913

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 16:07:23 +1200
 by: Your Name - Wed, 20 Jul 2022 04:07 UTC

On 2022-07-20 04:00:40 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> https://www.bbc.com/news/business-62226912
>
> I had to ask Siri how many subscribers they still had which should’ve been
> right in the first paragraph. She said 222 million. So 1 million seems like
> a big number but not percentage wise. Frankly I’m surprised it’s not more.

Streaming service subscribers grew massively during Covid lockdowns
when people had very little to do. Now that things are almost back to
normal, many of those people simply don't have the time and inflation
means they don't have the "spare" money, so subscriptions are dropping
again.

Netflix is about to start their "ad-based" option, where you play less,
but have to suffer though adverts (although it remains to be seen if
ad-blockers will get rid of them.

Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribers

<tb96f7$1mn2f$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147956&group=rec.arts.tv#147956

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 08:20:08 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 20 Jul 2022 15:20 UTC

On 7/19/2022 9:07 PM, Your Name wrote:
> On 2022-07-20 04:00:40 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> https://www.bbc.com/news/business-62226912
>>
>> I had to ask Siri how many subscribers they still had which
>> should’ve been
>> right in the first paragraph. She said 222 million. So 1 million seems
>> like
>> a big number but not percentage wise. Frankly I’m surprised it’s
>> not more.
>
> Streaming service subscribers grew massively during Covid lockdowns when
> people had very little to do. Now that things are almost back to normal,
> many of those people simply don't have the time and inflation means they
> don't have the "spare" money, so subscriptions are dropping again.
>
> Netflix is about to start their "ad-based" option, where you play less,
> but have to suffer though adverts (although it remains to be seen if
> ad-blockers will get rid of them.

'Flix had an investors conference call or something like that earlier in
the week. The reports I'm hearing are that all the stuff that is other
companies' IP will NOT be on the ad-supported tier with speculation that
it is because 'Flix doesn't want to share the ad revenue with them.

dirty old man.

Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribers

<ahggdh9mtt3ikgtm5c652q2g0qjvcb6lmf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147980&group=rec.arts.tv#147980

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 11:01:22 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 20 Jul 2022 18:01 UTC

On Tue, 19 Jul 2022 21:00:40 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>> https://www.bbc.com/news/business-62226912
>>

>I had to ask Siri how many subscribers they still had which should’ve been
>right in the first paragraph. She said 222 million. So 1 million seems like
>a big number but not percentage wise. Frankly I’m surprised it’s not more.

Google says 220.7 m as of 06/30/22 and offers the following link:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/netflix-subscriber-loss-april-june-1.6526260#:~:text=Netflix%20ended%20June%20with%20220.7,Walt%20Disney%20Co.%20and%20Apple.

Note the caption on the lead image which says:
"For the first time in a decade, Netflix announced it has 200,000
(sic) subscribers globally, and the company says it may lose as many
as two million more in the months ahead. "

Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribers

<1983413109.680042711.392396.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147997&group=rec.arts.tv#147997

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 13:53:53 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 20 Jul 2022 20:53 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jul 2022 21:00:40 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> https://www.bbc.com/news/business-62226912
>>>

>> I had to ask Siri how many subscribers they still had which should’ve been
>> right in the first paragraph. She said 222 million. So 1 million seems like
>> a big number but not percentage wise. Frankly I’m surprised it’s not more.
>
> Google says 220.7 m as of 06/30/22 and offers the following link:
> https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/netflix-subscriber-loss-april-june-1.6526260#:~:text=Netflix%20ended%20June%20with%20220.7,Walt%20Disney%20Co.%20and%20Apple.
>
> Note the caption on the lead image which says:
> "For the first time in a decade, Netflix announced it has 200,000
> (sic) subscribers globally, and the company says it may lose as many
> as two million more in the months ahead. "

Well there’s a sentence that doesn’t make a whole Lotta sense. :-)

Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribers

<tb9rmh$1rtcq$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148011&group=rec.arts.tv#148011

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 14:22:27 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 20 Jul 2022 21:22 UTC

On 7/20/2022 1:53 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>> On Tue, 19 Jul 2022 21:00:40 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> I had to ask Siri how many subscribers they still had which should’ve been
>>> right in the first paragraph. She said 222 million. So 1 million seems like
>>> a big number but not percentage wise. Frankly I’m surprised it’s not more.
>>
>> Google says 220.7 m as of 06/30/22 and offers the following link:
>> https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/netflix-subscriber-loss-april-june-1.6526260#:~:text=Netflix%20ended%20June%20with%20220.7,Walt%20Disney%20Co.%20and%20Apple.
>>
>> Note the caption on the lead image which says:
>> "For the first time in a decade, Netflix announced it has 200,000
>> (sic) subscribers globally, and the company says it may lose as many
>> as two million more in the months ahead. "
>>

> Well there’s a sentence that doesn’t make a whole Lotta sense. :-)

It came from a big company, what did you expect? :P

dirty old man.

Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribers

<tba029$1sjj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148019&group=rec.arts.tv#148019

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 10:36:57 +1200
 by: Your Name - Wed, 20 Jul 2022 22:36 UTC

On 2022-07-20 21:22:27 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:
> On 7/20/2022 1:53 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

>>> Google says 220.7 m as of 06/30/22 and offers the following link:
>>> https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/netflix-subscriber-loss-april-june-1.6526260#:~:text=Netflix%20ended%20June%20with%20220.7,Walt%20Disney%20Co.%20and%20Apple.
>>>

>>> Note the caption on the lead image which says:
>>> "For the first time in a decade, Netflix announced it has 200,000
>>> (sic) subscribers globally, and the company says it may lose as many
>>> as two million more in the months ahead. "
>>
>> Well there’s a sentence that doesn’t make a whole Lotta sense. :-)
>
> It came from a big company, what did you expect? :P

More like the usual "journalist" / "news" incompetence. They're so busy
rusing to be first that they realey bother to check anything, including
teh actual facts. :-\

Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribers

<tba05n$1s3d$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148020&group=rec.arts.tv#148020

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 17:38:47 -0500
 by: trotsky - Wed, 20 Jul 2022 22:38 UTC

On 7/20/2022 5:36 PM, Your Name wrote:
> On 2022-07-20 21:22:27 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:

>>> Well there’s a sentence that doesn’t make a whole Lotta sense. :-)
>>
>> It came from a big company, what did you expect?  :P
>
> More like the usual "journalist" / "news" incompetence. They're so busy
> rusing to be first

What language is this, Maori?

Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribers

<eh6hdhh1vlomkhkmv4j64u5t47krb2t2uf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148031&group=rec.arts.tv#148031

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 17:14:44 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 00:14 UTC

On Wed, 20 Jul 2022 14:22:27 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>On 7/20/2022 1:53 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

>>> Google says 220.7 m as of 06/30/22 and offers the following link:
>>> https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/netflix-subscriber-loss-april-june-1.6526260#:~:text=Netflix%20ended%20June%20with%20220.7,Walt%20Disney%20Co.%20and%20Apple.
>>>
>>> Note the caption on the lead image which says:
>>> "For the first time in a decade, Netflix announced it has 200,000
>>> (sic) subscribers globally, and the company says it may lose as many
>>> as two million more in the months ahead. "
>>>

>> Well there’s a sentence that doesn’t make a whole Lotta sense. :-)
>>
>It came from a big company, what did you expect? :P

Given Netflix claims roughly 220 million customers I just assumed the
author left off 3 zeroes. I really didn't think about it in more
detail than that beyond typing into Google asking "how many customers
does netflix have?"

Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribers

<tba7fj$gnku$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148036&group=rec.arts.tv#148036

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 17:43:30 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 00:43 UTC

On 7/20/2022 3:36 PM, Your Name wrote:
> On 2022-07-20 21:22:27 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:

>>> Well there’s a sentence that doesn’t make a whole Lotta sense. :-)
>>
>> It came from a big company, what did you expect?  :P
>
> More like the usual "journalist" / "news" incompetence. They're so busy
> rusing to be first that they realey bother to check anything, including
> teh actual facts.  :-\

Or to make sure they don't have any typos....

Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribers

<218074174.680051267.337274.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148047&group=rec.arts.tv#148047

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 19:31:54 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 02:31 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 7/20/2022 1:53 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

>>> Google says 220.7 m as of 06/30/22 and offers the following link:
>>> https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/netflix-subscriber-loss-april-june-1.6526260#:~:text=Netflix%20ended%20June%20with%20220.7,Walt%20Disney%20Co.%20and%20Apple.
>>>
>>> Note the caption on the lead image which says:
>>> "For the first time in a decade, Netflix announced it has 200,000
>>> (sic) subscribers globally, and the company says it may lose as many
>>> as two million more in the months ahead. "
>>>

>> Well there’s a sentence that doesn’t make a whole Lotta sense. :-)
>>
> It came from a big company, what did you expect? :P

Heh

Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribers

<1090246820.680064047.718991.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148051&group=rec.arts.tv#148051

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 19:52:53 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 02:52 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2022 14:22:27 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
> <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Well there’s a sentence that doesn’t make a whole Lotta sense. :-)
>>>
>> It came from a big company, what did you expect? :P
>
> Given Netflix claims roughly 220 million customers I just assumed the
> author left off 3 zeroes. I really didn't think about it in more
> detail than that beyond typing into Google asking "how many customers
> does netflix have?"

Sure. But losing “2,000,000 more“ only makes sense if the initial number
they reported is already down from previous numbers and it’s not. It’s
written as if the 220, million is a record high. Tthere’s simply no way to
take that apart and not come to the conclusion that whoever wrote it is an
idiot!

Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribers

<tbc39s$2gmem$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148126&group=rec.arts.tv#148126

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 13:44:28 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 17:44 UTC

In article <tb7v1r$fgm$1@gioia.aioe.org>, YourName@YourISP.com wrote:

>Netflix is about to start their "ad-based" option, where you play less,
>but have to suffer though adverts (although it remains to be seen if
>ad-blockers will get rid of them.

I thought there was already a plan like that existing.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribers

<1609733182.680121800.525093.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148135&group=rec.arts.tv#148135

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 11:48:18 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 18:48 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> In article <tb7v1r$fgm$1@gioia.aioe.org>, YourName@YourISP.com wrote:
>
>> Netflix is about to start their "ad-based" option, where you play less,
>> but have to suffer though adverts (although it remains to be seen if
>> ad-blockers will get rid of them.
>
> I thought there was already a plan like that existing.

They announced it when people started howling about the huge price increase
for the current tiers. This is them finally implementing it.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: WOKE conflagration. Netflix loses 1 MILLION subscribers

<tbe04b$32nju$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148269&group=rec.arts.tv#148269

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 04:30:42 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> In article <tb7v1r$fgm$1@gioia.aioe.org>, YourName@YourISP.com wrote:

>>> Netflix is about to start their "ad-based" option, where you play less,
>>> but have to suffer though adverts (although it remains to be seen if
>>> ad-blockers will get rid of them.
>>
>> I thought there was already a plan like that existing.
>
>They announced it when people started howling about the huge price increase
>for the current tiers. This is them finally implementing it.

Ah, that explains it!

--
Let's go Brandon!