From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.i-think.therefore.i-dont.listen-to.cnn,msnbc.breakingnews
Subject: CNN In Secret Talks To Poach Star Couple From MSNBC: Report
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 12:57:10 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 16:57 UTC

CNN is in secret talks to poach the husband and wife �Morning Joe� team from
rival liberal news network MSNBC, according to a report.

CNN�s already dismal ratings have continued their freefall under new boss
Chris Licht, who took over in February for scandalized Jeff Zucker. Licht,
who is a former executive producer at MSNBC and also a former CBS News
veteran, is reportedly aiming to shore up the morning roster with Joe
Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski, according to RadarOnline.

�When CBS hired Chris, he wanted to hire Joe and Mika to head up his morning
show instead of Gayle King,� a source told the outlet. �Joe and Mika were
into it, but they couldn�t get out of their deal with NBC. Now Chris is
pulling the same trick again as he starts his new job at CNN hoping this
time, he will be able to pull it off.�

Pouring gas on a burning building Alert ??

CNN's new boss Chris Licht is wooing Morning Joe stars Joe
Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski to join the ailing network as he
prepares to wield ax to 'fix morning and primetime programing'
https://t.co/sL1GjL5Exn

� ??Ghosted Hippie Always Knew ?? (@GhostedHippie) July 21, 2022

Scarborough, a former Republican congressman from Florida who has become
increasingly liberal, and Brzezinski, the daughter of President Carter�s
national security adviser, Zbigniew Brzezinski, have teamed up for their show
since 2007. Although both were married to other people when the show began,
they later left their spouses and were married in 2018.

Although its ratings are dwarfed by �Fox & Friends,� �Morning Joe,� which
airs from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. ET, is considered influential among Beltway
liberals.

It is not known how much NBC pays the couple, but Scarborough reportedly
earned $5 million per year from the show nearly a decade ago, according to
records from his divorce.

Peeling the duo away from MSNBC won�t be easy, a source told RadarOnline.

�It is unlikely MSNBC will let them out of their contract, but Chris is a
patient man,� the source said.

Licht was appointed president of CNN in February, after longtime chief Jeff
Zucker was ousted for hiding an affair he had with a woman he hired and
repeatedly promoted. Zucker and his paramour were also accused of scheming
with then-Governor Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) to burnish his image as a leader
during the COVID pandemic. But their efforts backfired spectacularly when
Cuomo�s brother and CNN anchor Chris Cuomo became entangled in his brother�s
sexual harassment scandal. The network fired him, and he sued for $125
million.

Licht has signaled he wants to revamp the network and get rid of its most
hyper-partisan, liberal talent. Pressure to get back to CNN�s roots as a
bastion of straight news is believed to be coming from John Malone, a key
shareholder in CNN�s parent company.

�We will reimagine our morning show leveraging our correspondents and
unmatched resources in the U.S. and around the world to provide news that
viewers need to know as they start their day,� Licht said.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: CNN In Secret Talks To Poach Star Couple From MSNBC: Report

<it1ldhhk99qj440f0v8h1o6i6logf4cgei@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148274&group=rec.arts.tv#148274

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.i-think.therefore.i-dont.listen-to.cnn,msnbc.breakingnews
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 07:19:56 -0400
 by: NoBody - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 11:19 UTC

On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 12:57:10 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>CNN is in secret talks to poach the husband and wife “Morning Joe” team from
>rival liberal news network MSNBC, according to a report.
>
>CNN’s already dismal ratings have continued their freefall under new boss
>Chris Licht, who took over in February for scandalized Jeff Zucker. Licht,
>who is a former executive producer at MSNBC and also a former CBS News
>veteran, is reportedly aiming to shore up the morning roster with Joe
>Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski, according to RadarOnline.

"Stars"...too effin funny.

Re: CNN In Secret Talks To Poach Star Couple From MSNBC: Report

<super70s-4DD8D9.19362623072022@reader01.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148554&group=rec.arts.tv#148554

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.i-think.therefore.i-dont.listen-to.cnn,msnbc.breakingnews
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 19:36:26 -0500
 by: super70s - Sun, 24 Jul 2022 00:36 UTC

> CNN is in secret talks to poach the husband and wife "Morning Joe" team
> from rival liberal news network MSNBC, according to a report.
>
> CNN's already dismal ratings have continued their freefall under new boss
> Chris Licht, who took over in February for scandalized Jeff Zucker. Licht,
> who is a former executive producer at MSNBC and also a former CBS News
> veteran, is reportedly aiming to shore up the morning roster with Joe
> Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski, according to RadarOnline.

Take Mika and maybe Willie and Barnacle and leave Scarborough unless you
want your show full of three-minute harangues.