arts / rec.arts.tv / Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's A Republican "Conspiracy Theory"

SubjectAuthor
* Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's A Republican "ConspiracUbiquitous
+- Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It'sanim8rfsk
+* Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's ARhino
|+* Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's AmoviePig
||+* Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's A Republican "ConspBTR1701
|||+- Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's A Republican "Consptrotsky
|||`- Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's AmoviePig
||`- Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's A Republican "Consptrotsky
|`- Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's AUbiquitous
`* Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's A Republican "ConspBTR1701
 `- Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's A Republican "Consptrotsky

1
Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's A Republican "Conspiracy Theory"

<tbc0nt$2g3su$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148116&group=rec.arts.tv#148116

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.conspiracy,alt.stupidity
Subject: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's A Republican "Conspiracy Theory"
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 13:00:45 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 17:00 UTC

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) claimed that video this week showing her
appearing to pretend she was handcuffed by police was really a Republican
conspiracy theory designed to �distract� people from paying attention to the
Supreme Court�s overturning of Roe v. Wade.

Ocasio-Cortez was one of 17 Democrat lawmakers who were arrested Tuesday for
blocking traffic near the U.S. Supreme Court during a pro-abortion protest.
In a video posted to her Instagram account where she responded to questions,
AOC answered the following question: �Can you even believe they�re saying you
�faked� handcuffs?! Did they not see the fist pump?�

�Republican�s favorite hobby is to make conspiracy theories out of everything
to distract you and keep you from talking about what actually important which
is the fact that they are trying to take away your right to bodily autonomy,�
she said. �If I was faking that, why would I intentionally fist pump
somebody? It�s so silly.�

WATCH:

Now AOC is saying that the fact that she was faking being handcuffed
is a �conspiracy theory�

pic.twitter.com/zwAX4i2tnZ

� Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) July 20, 2022

During another point on Instagram, Ocasio-Cortez responded to those who were
mocking her when she answered a post that stated in part: �Why the publicity
stunt with acting like you�re being arrested? It�s just foolish and makes you
look silly � acting like you�re cuffed and like you�re some sort of hero was
just too much for me.�

Ocasio-Cortez claimed that what she did was not a �publicity stunt � for a
headline� because it was �an activist-led civil disobedience� event.

�So why join disobedience at all?� she said. �Because media cycles go FAST
and the attention and urgency on Roe can easily fade. We must keep eyes on
the issue. Civil disobedience is a highly effective way of accomplishing
that, and it is a trained discipline.�

�If I didn�t or refused to participate in an activist request, people also
would have burned me for that too,� she continued. �They have in the past. I
understand and accept that I operate in an environment that will not cast my
actions in a positive light almost no matter what & from all angles. If I�m
not there, people criticize, if I am there they still do. So I�m just going
to do me. I accept being branded as �too much� in a misogynistic late stage
capitalist society that is totally insufficient for the present moment and
propagandizes its people to tear down any who challenge it.�

She noted that she was �arrested, charged, and fined,� but then claimed that
holding her hands together behind her back �is a best practice when under
arrest, whether you are handcuffed or not, because it can help you prevent
more serious charges like resisting arrest.�

AOC PRETENDS to be *handcuffed* in fake arrest protesting Supreme
Court � then raises her fist, breaking her fake handcuffs

CLOWN WORLD LOL pic.twitter.com/nlvrDHV2Tj

� Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) July 19, 2022

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's A Republican "Conspiracy Theory"

<786604968.680121957.665739.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148136&group=rec.arts.tv#148136

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.conspiracy,alt.stupidity
Subject: Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's
A Republican "Conspiracy Theory"
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 11:48:19 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 18:48 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) claimed that video this week showing her
> appearing to pretend she was handcuffed by police was really a Republican
> conspiracy theory designed to “distract” people from paying attention to the
> Supreme Court’s overturning of Roe v. Wade.
>
> Ocasio-Cortez was one of 17 Democrat lawmakers who were arrested Tuesday for
> blocking traffic near the U.S. Supreme Court during a pro-abortion protest.
> In a video posted to her Instagram account where she responded to questions,
> AOC answered the following question: “Can you even believe they’re saying you
> ‘faked’ handcuffs?! Did they not see the fist pump?”
>
> “Republican’s favorite hobby is to make conspiracy theories out of everything
> to distract you and keep you from talking about what actually important which
> is the fact that they are trying to take away your right to bodily autonomy,”
> she said. “If I was faking that, why would I intentionally fist pump
> somebody? It’s so silly.”
>
> WATCH:
>
> Now AOC is saying that the fact that she was faking being handcuffed
> is a “conspiracy theory”
>
> pic.twitter.com/zwAX4i2tnZ
>
> — Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) July 20, 2022
>
> During another point on Instagram, Ocasio-Cortez responded to those who were
> mocking her when she answered a post that stated in part: “Why the publicity
> stunt with acting like you’re being arrested? It’s just foolish and makes you
> look silly … acting like you’re cuffed and like you’re some sort of hero was
> just too much for me.”
>
> Ocasio-Cortez claimed that what she did was not a “publicity stunt … for a
> headline” because it was “an activist-led civil disobedience” event.
>
> “So why join disobedience at all?” she said. “Because media cycles go FAST
> and the attention and urgency on Roe can easily fade. We must keep eyes on
> the issue. Civil disobedience is a highly effective way of accomplishing
> that, and it is a trained discipline.”
>
> “If I didn’t or refused to participate in an activist request, people also
> would have burned me for that too,” she continued. “They have in the past. I
> understand and accept that I operate in an environment that will not cast my
> actions in a positive light almost no matter what & from all angles. If I’m
> not there, people criticize, if I am there they still do. So I’m just going
> to do me. I accept being branded as ‘too much’ in a misogynistic late stage
> capitalist society that is totally insufficient for the present moment and
> propagandizes its people to tear down any who challenge it.”
>
> She noted that she was “arrested, charged, and fined,” but

You apparently misspelled “lied“

then claimed that
> holding her hands together behind her back “is a best practice when under
> arrest, whether you are handcuffed or not, because it can help you prevent
> more serious charges like resisting arrest.”

It would in fact be an excellent way to get yourself shot. Keep doing it,
AOC!

> AOC PRETENDS to be *handcuffed* in fake arrest protesting Supreme
> Court — then raises her fist, breaking her fake handcuffs
>
> CLOWN WORLD LOL pic.twitter.com/nlvrDHV2Tj
>
> — Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) July 19, 2022
>
> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's A Republican "Conspiracy Theory"

<tbcgnm$2k8bg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148161&group=rec.arts.tv#148161

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.conspiracy,alt.stupidity
Subject: Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's A
Republican "Conspiracy Theory"
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 17:33:43 -0400
 by: Rhino - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 21:33 UTC

On 2022-07-21 1:00 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> [...]
> actions in a positive light almost no matter what & from all angles. If I’m
> not there, people criticize, if I am there they still do. So I’m just going
> to do me. I accept being branded as ‘too much’ in a misogynistic late stage
> capitalist society that is totally insufficient for the present moment and
> propagandizes its people to tear down any who challenge it.”
>
> She noted that she was “arrested, charged, and fined,” but then claimed that
> holding her hands together behind her back “is a best practice when under
> arrest, whether you are handcuffed or not, because it can help you prevent
> more serious charges like resisting arrest.”
>
> AOC PRETENDS to be *handcuffed* in fake arrest protesting Supreme
> Court — then raises her fist, breaking her fake handcuffs
>
> CLOWN WORLD LOL pic.twitter.com/nlvrDHV2Tj

I haven't seen any video of this incident and am responding strictly to
the article: how can someone do a fist bump when their hands are
handcuffed behind their backs? That would seem impossible to me based on
my understanding of human anatomy.

--
Rhino

Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's A Republican "Conspiracy Theory"

<M4idnRVmu4DjUET_nZ2dnUU7-SGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148180&group=rec.arts.tv#148180

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: alt.conspiracy,alt.stupidity,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 17:04:46 -0500
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 22:04 UTC

On Jul 21, 2022 at 10:00:45 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) claimed that video this week showing her
>
> appearing to pretend she was handcuffed by police was really a Republican
> conspiracy theory designed to “distract” people from paying attention to the
> Supreme Court’s overturning of Roe v. Wade.

Nah, don't be modest, She Guevara, it's because they really just want to date
you, right?

Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's A Republican "Conspiracy Theory"

<VvoCK.590175$5fVf.403359@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148219&group=rec.arts.tv#148219

Republican "Conspiracy Theory"
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.conspiracy,alt.stupidity
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 23:07:31 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 03:07 UTC

On 7/21/2022 5:33 PM, Rhino wrote:
> [...]
>> and
>> propagandizes its people to tear down any who challenge it.”
>>
>> She noted that she was “arrested, charged, and fined,” but then
>> claimed that
>> holding her hands together behind her back “is a best practice when under
>> arrest, whether you are handcuffed or not, because it can help you
>> prevent
>> more serious charges like resisting arrest.”
>>
>>     AOC PRETENDS to be *handcuffed* in fake arrest protesting Supreme
>>     Court — then raises her fist, breaking her fake handcuffs
>>
>>     CLOWN WORLD LOL pic.twitter.com/nlvrDHV2Tj
>>
>>     — Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) July 19, 2022
>>
> I haven't seen any video of this incident and am responding strictly to
> the article: how can someone do a fist bump when their hands are
> handcuffed behind their backs? That would seem impossible to me based on

Is there some reason, other than Manifest Destiny, that leads you to
conclude that her thorough, responsive explanation is implausible?

Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's A Republican "Conspiracy Theory"

<atropos-48FA71.22093321072022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148242&group=rec.arts.tv#148242

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.conspiracy,alt.stupidity
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 22:09:33 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 05:09 UTC

In article <VvoCK.590175$5fVf.403359@fx09.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> Is there some reason, other than Manifest Destiny, that leads you to
> conclude that her thorough, responsive explanation is implausible?

Her history of deceptive, disingenuous performative stunts for the media.

Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's A Republican "Conspiracy Theory"

<170410d9fc5d6e5a$1179$1937703$c6d58c68@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148254&group=rec.arts.tv#148254

Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 00:51:30 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.conspiracy,alt.stupidity
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 05:51 UTC

On 7/21/2022 10:07 PM, moviePig wrote:
> [...]
>>> holding her hands together behind her back “is a best practice when
>>> under
>>> arrest, whether you are handcuffed or not, because it can help you
>>> prevent
>>> more serious charges like resisting arrest.”
>>>
>>>     AOC PRETENDS to be *handcuffed* in fake arrest protesting Supreme
>>>     Court — then raises her fist, breaking her fake handcuffs
>>>
>>>     CLOWN WORLD LOL pic.twitter.com/nlvrDHV2Tj
>>>
>>>     — Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) July 19, 2022
>>>
>> I haven't seen any video of this incident and am responding strictly
>> to the article: how can someone do a fist bump when their hands are
>> handcuffed behind their backs? That would seem impossible to me based
>> on my understanding of human anatomy.
>
> Is there some reason, other than Manifest Destiny, that leads you to
> conclude that her thorough, responsive explanation is implausible?

His excessive stupidity might have something to do with it.

Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's A Republican "Conspiracy Theory"

<1704111ad5d3c108$1181$1937703$c6d58c68@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148256&group=rec.arts.tv#148256

Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 00:56:09 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.conspiracy,alt.stupidity,rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 05:56 UTC

On 7/21/2022 5:04 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jul 21, 2022 at 10:00:45 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) claimed that video this week showing her
>>
>> appearing to pretend she was handcuffed by police was really a Republican
>> conspiracy theory designed to “distract” people from paying attention to the
>> Supreme Court’s overturning of Roe v. Wade.
>
> Nah, don't be modest, She Guevara, it's because they really just want to date
> you, right?

Are you making fun of his being an anonyshit too?

Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's A Republican "Conspiracy Theory"

<17041c9d58b24425$61$1669734$c8d58268@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148264&group=rec.arts.tv#148264

Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 04:26:51 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.conspiracy,alt.stupidity
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 09:26 UTC

On 7/22/2022 12:09 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <VvoCK.590175$5fVf.403359@fx09.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there some reason, other than Manifest Destiny, that leads you to
>> conclude that her thorough, responsive explanation is implausible?
>
> Her history of deceptive, disingenuous performative stunts for the media.

Sure, now tell us about Boebert and her part in the insurrection, eunuch.

Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's A Republican "Conspiracy Theory"

<tbe27f$32nju$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148278&group=rec.arts.tv#148278

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.conspiracy,alt.stupidity
Republican "Conspiracy Theory"
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 07:38:23 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 11:38 UTC

no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:
> [...]

>> misogynistic late stage capitalist society that is totally insufficient for
>> the present moment and propagandizes its people to tear down any who
>> challenge it.”
>>
>> She noted that she was “arrested, charged, and fined,” but then claimed
>> that holding her hands together behind her back “is a best practice when
>> under arrest, whether you are handcuffed or not, because it can help you
>> prevent more serious charges like resisting arrest.”
>>
>> AOC PRETENDS to be *handcuffed* in fake arrest protesting Supreme
>> Court — then raises her fist, breaking her fake handcuffs
>>
>> CLOWN WORLD LOL pic.twitter.com/nlvrDHV2Tj
>>
>> — Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) July 19, 2022
>
>I haven't seen any video of this incident and am responding strictly to
>the article: how can someone do a fist bump when their hands are
>handcuffed behind their backs? That would seem impossible to me based on

America's Cutest Communist either forgot she was sppsd to be handcuffed or
couldn't resist waving to her fans.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's A Republican "Conspiracy Theory"

<ukyCK.87001$dh2.85337@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148291&group=rec.arts.tv#148291

Republican "Conspiracy Theory"
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.conspiracy,alt.stupidity
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 10:17:58 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 14:17 UTC

On 7/22/2022 1:09 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <VvoCK.590175$5fVf.403359@fx09.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there some reason, other than Manifest Destiny, that leads you to
>> conclude that her thorough, responsive explanation is implausible?
>
> Her history of deceptive, disingenuous performative stunts for the media.

....to which 'history' this baseless assumption will doubtless be added.