6 May, 2024: The networking issue during the past two days has been identified and may be fixed. Will keep monitoring.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Fired San Fran D.A.'s Replacement Being Undermined by 'Progressives' He Left Behind

SubjectAuthor
* Fired San Fran D.A.'s Replacement Being Undermined by 'Progressives' He Left BehBTR1701
+* Re: Fired San Fran D.A.'s Replacement Being Undermined byRhino
|`- Re: Fired San Fran D.A.'s Replacement Being Undermined by 'Progressives' He LeftBTR1701
`- Re: Fired San Fran D.A.'s Replacement Being Undermined bytrotsky

1
Fired San Fran D.A.'s Replacement Being Undermined by 'Progressives' He Left Behind

<MqadnZeJOd9TNkX_nZ2dnUU7-TnNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148037&group=rec.arts.tv#148037

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Fired San Fran D.A.'s Replacement Being Undermined by 'Progressives' He Left Behind
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 20:28:46 -0500
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 01:28 UTC

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/tensions-boiling-over-in-Brooke-Jenkins-office-17305653.php

New San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins is speaking out after
someone recorded her first meeting with senior staffers last Friday without
her permission.

SFGATE first reported on what was said in that meeting, which was described as
"icy" by attendees. On Wednesday, the San Francisco Examiner published a story
with direct quotes Jenkins used in the meeting thanks to "a recording of the
meeting obtained by The Examiner."

Under California law, it is generally illegal to record a private conversation
unless all parties present give consent. Jenkins, who was appointed by Mayor
London Breed to replace the recalled Chesa Boudin, called the fact she was
recorded "disturbing".

"The public expects and deserves that our office will operate with the utmost
integrity at all times," Jenkins said in a statement to SFGATE. "The fact that
someone, an attorney or senior staff member, would choose to secretly record
the contents of a senior staff meeting, knowing the risk such actions poses to
our ability to serve the community and our victims, is very disturbing."

California's illegal recording law contains an exemption if a party "to the
communication may reasonably expect that the communication may be overheard or
recorded," which is a determination that is made by a judge based on the facts
of the case.

Jenkins' reaction to the recording is the latest flash point in tensions that
have been simmering in the DA's office since she was sworn in last week. She
was an outspoken critic of her predecessor Boudin, challenging many of his
policies and handling of the office.

In addition to expressing frustration with Jenkins' first meeting, multiple
senior staffers, who were granted anonymity out of fear of retaliation, say
she has yet to meet with several department heads or offer office-wide
guidance on how to handle existing cases before she makes determinations on
which policies to rescind or extend. The one policy directive they allegedly
received was a review of plea offers not yet accepted by suspects in drug
cases.

Re: Fired San Fran D.A.'s Replacement Being Undermined by 'Progressives' He Left Behind

<tbag5s$241r0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148053&group=rec.arts.tv#148053

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Fired San Fran D.A.'s Replacement Being Undermined by
'Progressives' He Left Behind
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 23:11:56 -0400
 by: Rhino - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 03:11 UTC

On 2022-07-20 9:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

> https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/tensions-boiling-over-in-Brooke-Jenkins-office-17305653.php
>
> New San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins is speaking out after
> someone recorded her first meeting with senior staffers last Friday without
> her permission.
>
> SFGATE first reported on what was said in that meeting, which was described as
> "icy" by attendees. On Wednesday, the San Francisco Examiner published a story
> with direct quotes Jenkins used in the meeting thanks to "a recording of the
> meeting obtained by The Examiner."
>
> Under California law, it is generally illegal to record a private conversation
> unless all parties present give consent. Jenkins, who was appointed by Mayor
> London Breed to replace the recalled Chesa Boudin, called the fact she was
> recorded "disturbing".
>
> "The public expects and deserves that our office will operate with the utmost
> integrity at all times," Jenkins said in a statement to SFGATE. "The fact that
> someone, an attorney or senior staff member, would choose to secretly record
> the contents of a senior staff meeting, knowing the risk such actions poses to
> our ability to serve the community and our victims, is very disturbing."
>
> California's illegal recording law contains an exemption if a party "to the
> communication may reasonably expect that the communication may be overheard or
> recorded," which is a determination that is made by a judge based on the facts
> of the case.
>
> Jenkins' reaction to the recording is the latest flash point in tensions that
> have been simmering in the DA's office since she was sworn in last week. She
> was an outspoken critic of her predecessor Boudin, challenging many of his
> policies and handling of the office.
>
> In addition to expressing frustration with Jenkins' first meeting, multiple
> senior staffers, who were granted anonymity out of fear of retaliation, say
> she has yet to meet with several department heads or offer office-wide
> guidance on how to handle existing cases before she makes determinations on
> which policies to rescind or extend. The one policy directive they allegedly
> received was a review of plea offers not yet accepted by suspects in drug
> cases.

That's the problem with recalls: you only get rid of the head rat but
all his/her minions are left behind. Getting *them* out is likely to be
a major challenge especially given all the protections employees in the
civil service get.

--
Rhino

Re: Fired San Fran D.A.'s Replacement Being Undermined by 'Progressives' He Left Behind

<9-adncN3YadYVEX_nZ2dnUU7-KGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148055&group=rec.arts.tv#148055

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 22:36:37 -0500
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 03:36 UTC

On Jul 20, 2022 at 8:11:56 PM PDT, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
wrote:

> On 2022-07-20 9:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>>

>> https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/tensions-boiling-over-in-Brooke-Jenkins-office-17305653.php
>>
>> New San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins is speaking out after
>> someone recorded her first meeting with senior staffers last Friday without
>> her permission.
>>
>> SFGATE first reported on what was said in that meeting, which was described
>> as
>> "icy" by attendees. On Wednesday, the San Francisco Examiner published a
>> story
>> with direct quotes Jenkins used in the meeting thanks to "a recording of the
>> meeting obtained by The Examiner."
>>
>> Under California law, it is generally illegal to record a private
>> conversation
>> unless all parties present give consent. Jenkins, who was appointed by Mayor
>> London Breed to replace the recalled Chesa Boudin, called the fact she was
>> recorded "disturbing".
>>
>> "The public expects and deserves that our office will operate with the
>> utmost
>> integrity at all times," Jenkins said in a statement to SFGATE. "The fact
>> that
>> someone, an attorney or senior staff member, would choose to secretly record
>> the contents of a senior staff meeting, knowing the risk such actions poses
>> our ability to serve the community and our victims, is very disturbing."
>>
>> California's illegal recording law contains an exemption if a party "to the
>> communication may reasonably expect that the communication may be overheard
>> or
>> recorded," which is a determination that is made by a judge based on the
>> facts
>> of the case.
>>
>> Jenkins' reaction to the recording is the latest flash point in tensions
>> that
>> have been simmering in the DA's office since she was sworn in last week. She
>> was an outspoken critic of her predecessor Boudin, challenging many of his
>> policies and handling of the office.
>>
>> In addition to expressing frustration with Jenkins' first meeting, multiple
>> senior staffers, who were granted anonymity out of fear of retaliation, say
>> she has yet to meet with several department heads or offer office-wide
>> guidance on how to handle existing cases before she makes determinations on
>> which policies to rescind or extend. The one policy directive they allegedly
>> received was a review of plea offers not yet accepted by suspects in drug
>> cases.
>>

> That's the problem with recalls: you only get rid of the head rat but
> all his/her minions are left behind. Getting *them* out is likely to be
> a major challenge especially given all the protections employees in the
> civil service get.

But Boudin's replacement is a bipock! Isn't it illegal to criticize,
undermine, or sabotage a bipock?

Re: Fired San Fran D.A.'s Replacement Being Undermined by 'Progressives' He Left Behind

<tbd9al$1c4n$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148234&group=rec.arts.tv#148234

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
'Progressives' He Left Behind
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 23:33:25 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 04:33 UTC

On 7/20/2022 8:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

> https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/tensions-boiling-over-in-Brooke-Jenkins-office-17305653.php
>
> New San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins is speaking out after
> someone recorded her first meeting with senior staffers last Friday without
> her permission.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wouldn't it be interesting if you weren't a eunuch and were able to talk
about the Jan. 6th investigation?