arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Late Night Show Will Not Be Prosecuted For Going Into Capitol Buildings

SubjectAuthor
* Late Night Show Will Not Be Prosecuted For Going Into Capitol BuildingsUbiquitous
+* Re: Late Night Show Will Not Be Prosecuted For Going Into Capitol Buildingsdanny burstein
|+- Re: Late Night Show Will Not Be Prosecuted For Going Into Capitoltrotsky
|`- Re: Late Night Show Will Not Be Prosecuted For Going Into Capitol BuildingsUbiquitous
`- Re: Late Night Show Will Not Be Prosecuted For Going Into Capitoltrotsky

1
Late Night Show Will Not Be Prosecuted For Going Into Capitol Buildings

<tb6ia3$14l42$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147811&group=rec.arts.tv#147811

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Late Night Show Will Not Be Prosecuted For Going Into Capitol Buildings
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 11:23:46 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 19 Jul 2022 15:23 UTC

[ Meanwhile, there are people being greated worse than the terrorists at
"Fort Gitmo" for the same act.]

WASHINGTON � The United States Attorney�s Office for the District of Columbia
said Monday that it cannot move forward with misdemeanor charges against
members of Stephen Colbert�s crew.

Nine members of the late night television host�s team were arrested on June
16 in the Longworth Office Building, the U.S. Attorney�s Office said in a
Monday statement. But charges will not be sustained against these
individuals.

�After a comprehensive review of all of the evidence and the relevant legal
authority, the U.S. Attorney�s Office for the District of Columbia has
determined that it cannot move forward with misdemeanor charges of unlawful
entry against the nine individuals who were arrested on June 16, 2022 at the
Longworth Office Building,� the attorney�s office said.

U.S. Attorney�s Office for the District of Columbia "cannot move
forward with misdemeanor charges of unlawful entry against" members
of Stephen Colbert's staff and crew arrested June 16, saying they
were "never asked to leave by the staffers who invited them."
pic.twitter.com/d77sVbB88k

� Mary Margaret Olohan (@MaryMargOlohan) July 18, 2022

�The individuals, who entered the building on two separate occasions, were
invited by Congressional staffers to enter the building in each instance and
were never asked to leave by the staffers who invited them, though, members
of the group had been told at various points by the U.S. Capitol Police that
they were supposed to have an escort,� the statement continued.

The U.S. Attorney�s office said that the defendants will no longer be
required to appear for the July 20 scheduled hearing in a DC court since �the
Office would be required to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that these
invited guests were guilty of the crime of unlawful entry because their
escort chose to leave them unattended,� and it does not �believe it is
probable that the Office would be able to obtain and sustain convictions on
these charges.�

The United States Capitol Police (USCP) also released a Monday statement in
which it said the police force had been working with the U.S. Attorney�s
Office on the �unlawful entry case� that involved the Colbert team.

�The United States Capitol Police was just informed the U.S. Attorney�s
Office for the District of Columbia is declining to prosecute the case,� the
USCP said. �We respect the decision that office has made.�

According to Fox News� Chad Pergram, the individuals unsuccessfully tried to
get press credentials for the January 6 committee hearings since their late
night show did don�t classify as �news.�

The team conducted interviews with Democratic California Rep. Adam Schiff,
Democratic Florida Rep. Stephanie Murphy, and Democratic Massachusetts Rep.
Jake Auchincloss while they were in the office buildings, Pergram said.

�However, the Colbert group left the House office buildings at some point,�
Pergram tweeted. �Fox is told they were let back into the Longworth House
Office Building sometime after 4 pm et by an aide to Auchincloss. The reason:
the aide believed the Colbert group had other interviews to do.�

�The group apparently then roamed the House office buildings unattended for
hours,� he continued. �They were arrested near the office of Rep. Lauren
Boebert (R-CO) around 8:30 pm et and charged with unlawful entry. They were
in jail for part of the night before being released Friday.�

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Late Night Show Will Not Be Prosecuted For Going Into Capitol Buildings

<tb7b0p$1f3$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147886&group=rec.arts.tv#147886

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 22:25:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Tue, 19 Jul 2022 22:25 UTC

In <tb6ia3$14l42$2@dont-email.me> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> writes:

>[ Meanwhile, there are people being greated worse than the terrorists at
>"Fort Gitmo" for the same act.]

Nope. Pure delusional garbage on your part.

Sad.

dannyb@panix.com

Re: Late Night Show Will Not Be Prosecuted For Going Into Capitol Buildings

<tb8fm2$ccf$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147927&group=rec.arts.tv#147927

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Late Night Show Will Not Be Prosecuted For Going Into Capitol
Buildings
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 03:51:14 -0500
 by: trotsky - Wed, 20 Jul 2022 08:51 UTC

On 7/19/2022 6:02 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Tuesday, 19 July 2022 at 11:23:52 UTC-4, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> [ Meanwhile, there are people being greated worse than the terrorists at
>> "Fort Gitmo" for the same act.]
>>
>> WASHINGTON — The United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia
>> said Monday that it cannot move forward with misdemeanor charges against
>> members of Stephen Colbert’s crew.
>>
>> Nine members of the late night television host’s team were arrested on June
>> 16 in the Longworth Office Building, the U.S. Attorney’s Office said in a
>> Monday statement. But charges will not be sustained against these
>> individuals.
>>
>> “After a comprehensive review of all of the evidence and the relevant legal
>> authority, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia has
>> determined that it cannot move forward with misdemeanor charges of unlawful
>> entry against the nine individuals who were arrested on June 16, 2022 at the
>> Longworth Office Building,” the attorney’s office said.
>>
>> U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia "cannot move
>> forward with misdemeanor charges of unlawful entry against" members
>> of Stephen Colbert's staff and crew arrested June 16, saying they
>> were "never asked to leave by the staffers who invited them."
>> pic.twitter.com/d77sVbB88k
>>
>> — Mary Margaret Olohan (@MaryMargOlohan) July 18, 2022
>>
>> “The individuals, who entered the building on two separate occasions, were
>> invited by Congressional staffers
>
> I take it no arrest of the staffers who violated the law?

Laughable. Now get your balls reattached and let's talk about the
findings of the Jan. 6th committee. Oh and the DOJ has made more the
800 arrests due to the insurrectioin.

Re: Late Night Show Will Not Be Prosecuted For Going Into Capitol Buildings

<tb8isk$1cph$8@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=147940&group=rec.arts.tv#147940

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Buildings
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 04:45:55 -0500
 by: trotsky - Wed, 20 Jul 2022 09:45 UTC

On 7/19/2022 5:25 PM, danny burstein wrote:
> In <tb6ia3$14l42$2@dont-email.me> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> writes:
>
>> [ Meanwhile, there are people being greated worse than the terrorists at
>> "Fort Gitmo" for the same act.]
>
> Nope. Pure delusional garbage on your part.
>
> Sad.

People being greated is always bad.

Re: Late Night Show Will Not Be Prosecuted For Going Into Capitol Buildings

<tbe082$32nju$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148271&group=rec.arts.tv#148271

Followup: alt.troll
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 04:30:43 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 08:30 UTC

In article <tb7b0p$1f3$1@reader2.panix.com>, dannyb@panix.com wrote:
> In <tb6ia3$14l42$2@dont-email.me> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> writes:

>>[ Meanwhile, there are people being greated worse than the terrorists at
>>"Fort Gitmo" for the same act.]
>
>Nope. Pure delusional garbage on your part.

Wrong.That is a fact.

--
Let's go Brandon!