From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: THE SWARM / Jerry Goldsmith
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 22:56:05 -0500
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 03:56 UTC

I caught THE SWARM today on some cable channel at the top of the dial and I
decided it's probably my top candidate in all of cinema history for the award
of "Worst Movie to Have a Fantastic Musical Score". The filmmakers had no idea
how damn fortunate they were to have such a beautiful score composed for such
a cheeseball film.

(Other top candidates: SPACE CAMP and JAWS 2.)

While watching it and listening to its music, I realized that Goldsmith's
central motif for the swarm itself starts like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1xwe8q26j7cwyn/Bees.png?dl=0

Take note of the triplet figure in beat one... the notes are B-E-E!

Nice one, Jerry. Well done.

Re: THE SWARM / Jerry Goldsmith

<tbg3eb$3mndn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148404&group=rec.arts.tv#148404

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: THE SWARM / Jerry Goldsmith
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 06:11:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 06:11 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>I caught THE SWARM today on some cable channel at the top of the dial and I
>decided it's probably my top candidate in all of cinema history for the award
>of "Worst Movie to Have a Fantastic Musical Score". The filmmakers had no idea
>how damn fortunate they were to have such a beautiful score composed for such
>a cheeseball film.

>(Other top candidates: SPACE CAMP and JAWS 2.)

>While watching it and listening to its music, I realized that Goldsmith's
>central motif for the swarm itself starts like this:

>https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1xwe8q26j7cwyn/Bees.png?dl=0

>Take note of the triplet figure in beat one... the notes are B-E-E!

>Nice one, Jerry. Well done.

That's hysterical.

Re: THE SWARM / Jerry Goldsmith

<1704677359c5445c$722$1950103$c2d58868@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148414&group=rec.arts.tv#148414

Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 03:18:20 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 08:18 UTC

On 7/22/2022 10:56 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> I caught THE SWARM today on some cable channel at the top of the dial and I
> decided it's probably my top candidate in all of cinema history for the award
> of "Worst Movie to Have a Fantastic Musical Score". The filmmakers had no idea
> how damn fortunate they were to have such a beautiful score composed for such
> a cheeseball film.

Which one of the "filmmakers" did you speak with you pretentious eunuch?

In fairness, though, Goldsmith is fantastic so I have no criticism of
the rest.
'

Re: THE SWARM / Jerry Goldsmith

<230720220716592162%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148437&group=rec.arts.tv#148437

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 07:16:59 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 11:16 UTC

In article <0M2dne251-TI7Eb_nZ2dnUU7-IHNnZ2d@giganews.com>, BTR1701
<atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> I caught THE SWARM today on some cable channel at the top of the dial and I
> decided it's probably my top candidate in all of cinema history for the award
> of "Worst Movie to Have a Fantastic Musical Score". The filmmakers had no idea
> how damn fortunate they were to have such a beautiful score composed for such
> a cheeseball film.
>
> (Other top candidates: SPACE CAMP and JAWS 2.)

Damnation Alley. Another Jerry Goldsmith.

> While watching it and listening to its music, I realized that Goldsmith's
> central motif for the swarm itself starts like this:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1xwe8q26j7cwyn/Bees.png?dl=0
>
> Take note of the triplet figure in beat one... the notes are B-E-E!
>
> Nice one, Jerry. Well done.

Really nice catch there.