He jests at scars who never felt a wound. -- Shakespeare, "Romeo and Juliet, II. 2"

arts / rec.arts.tv / July 23-29: Robin’s selected programming for the week

SubjectAuthor
* July 23-29: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+* Re: July 23-29: Robin’s selected programmingDimensional Traveler
|`* Re: Re0 July 23-290 Robin€™s selected programming for the weekYour Name
| +* Re: Re: Re0 July 23-290 Robin€™s selected programming for the weekA Friend
| |`* Re: July 23-29: Robin's selected programming for the weekAdam H. Kerman
| | `- Re: July 23-29: Robin's selected programming for the weekAdam H. Kerman
| `- Re: Re0 July 23-290 Robin€™s selectedDimensional Traveler
+- Re: July 23-29: Robin’s selected programming for the weekA Friend
+* Re: July 23-29: Robin's selected programming for the weekAdam H. Kerman
|`- Re: July 23-29: Robin's selected programming for the weekIan J. Ball
+- Re: July 23-29: Robin?s selected programming for the weekYour Name
+* Re: July 23-29: Robin’s selected programming for the weekIan J. Ball
|`- Re: July 23-29: Robin’s selected programming for the weekIan J. Ball
`* Re: July 23-29: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
 +- Re: July 23-29: Robin’s selected programmingDimensional Traveler
 `- Re: July 23-29: Robin’s selected programming for the weekYour Name

1
July 23-29: Robin’s selected programming for the week

<225486045.680282420.998538.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148455&group=rec.arts.tv#148455

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: July 23-29: Robin’s selected
programming for the week
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 08:25:54 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 15:25 UTC

July 23-29: Robin’s selected programming for the week

Saturday, July 23

Flowers in the Attic: The Origin (Part 3: The Murderer) (movie) (8
pm, Lifetime Channel)

The story of the headstrong and determined Olivia Winfield [Jemina Rooper
from Hex] who is working alongside her beloved father when she finds
herself unexpectedly wooed by one of the nation's most eligible bachelors,
Malcom Foxworth [Max Irons]. After a whirlwind romance, Olivia finds
herself as the mistress of the imposing Foxworth Hall, where she soon
discovers that the fairytale life she expected has quickly become a
nightmare.

Part 3: After a devastating and unimaginable loss that will haunt her for
the rest of time, Olivia finds both her son and daughter in forbidden
relationships. She opposes their unions, but as she tries to hold on, more
destruction finds her and pushes her further to her breaking point.
Finally, blood is on her hands as an old foe’s fate waits to be revealed.

https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/flowers-in-the-attic-the-origin/season-1/episode-3

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17527896/

This is the third film in a 4-part series airing on consecutive weeks:

https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/flowers-in-the-attic-the-origin/season-1

Situated as a prequel to "Dollanganger Saga: Flowers in the Attic" from
2014: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3074694/

Christmas in Toyland (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

A toy store data analyst attempts to save hundreds of jobs right before
Christmas to help keep the in-store experience alive. Stars Vanessa Lengies
and Jesse Hutch.

RM: It is WAY too early for Christmas movies. Even semi-Christmas movies.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/christmas-in-toyland

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15891306/

Superstar Racing Experience (season 2 finale) (8 pm, CBS)

Sunday, July 24

Love on Trend (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

When Allie left her small town to move to San Francisco to pursue her dream
of becoming a fashion designer, little did she imagine that the city had
big plans for her - and for her heart. Stars Jocelyn Panton and Giles
Panton.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14200784/

https://uptv.com/movies/love-on-trend/

Hider in My House (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Inspired by true events. Molly Bachman, a young bestselling author buys the
apartment of her dreams in the city. As she settles in, ready to start work
on her next novel, strange sounds and bumps in the night begin to alarm
her, along with the feeling of being watched and followed. As she discovers
the dark history of the apartment, she eventually discovers a horrifying
secret­a hidden entrance to another abandoned apartment behind the walls.
What lies behind those walls leads to a shocking revelation. Meghan
Carrasquillo and Thomas Gipson [note: not Gibson] star.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/hider-in-my-house

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16531670/

Big Brother (special time) (8 and 9 pm, two episodes, CBS)

Hotel Portofino (season 1 finale) (8 pm, PBS)

We Hunt Together (season 2 finale) (8 pm, Showtime)

Show Me More - Fear the Walking Dead Season 7 (special) (9-10
pm, AMC)

Supreme Team (miniseries finale) (10 pm, Showtime)

Note: "Shark Week" starts today on Discovery Channel:

https://www.discovery.com/shark-week

Meanwhile, "Sharkfest" started on July 10 on Nat Geo:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/topic/sharkfest

Monday, July 25

Irma Vep (limited series finale) (9 pm, HBO)

Mind Over Murder (limited series finale) (10 pm, HBO)

Tuesday, July 26

Streaming:

Santa Evita (complete miniseries) (12:01 am, Hulu)

"Santa Evita" is based on the best-seller of the same name written by
Argentine author Tomás Eloy Martínez, and follows the intriguing story of
Eva Perón's embalmed body, which remained unburied for three years awaiting
construction of a monument that was never completed. In 1955, a military
coup in Argentina overthrew President Juan Domingo Perón and hid Evita's
body for 19 years to prevent it from becoming a symbol against the regime.
Before her death, Eva had become a powerful political figure as General
Perón's wife, and her wandering unburied corpse haunted the country's
political arena for over two decades. "Santa Evita" is the story of a
corpse with no grave and the legend that was born from it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11563256/

Di4ries [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

First crushes, first kisses, fun with friends ­ and feuds with rivals. In
the halls of Galileo Galilei Middle School, every day is full of surprises!
Italian teen series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nGcf4tBdF8

https://www.netflix.com/title/81504820

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20449034/ [as "Di4ri"]

Not Just a Girl (documentary) (3:01 am, Netflix)

This Netflix-exclusive documentary traces the life and music career of
Shania Twain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOar6oXFcOk

https://www.netflix.com/title/81562530

Street Food: USA [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
Netflix)

Get a taste of the most beloved bites on American streets and, along the
way, discover the heart, soul and wildly diverse real people behind the
food.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81249665

Whitney Cummings: Jokes (comedy special) (3:01 am,
Netflix)

https://www.netflix.com/title/81613430

Never Seen Again (season 2) (3:01 am, Paramount+)

Families share the story of their lost loved one and reach out to the
public for answers.

https://www.paramountplus.com/shows/never-seen-again

Broadcast and cable:

MH370: Mystery of the Lost Flight (special) (8-10 pm, History
Channel)

Snake in the Grass: Masters of Gameplay (special) (10-11 pm,
NBC)

Apparently introduces the "Snake in the Grass" competition series that
premieres on August 1 on USA.

Wednesday, July 27

Streaming:

Car Masters: Rust to Riches (complete season 4) (3:01 am,
Netflix)

The colorful crew at Gotham Garage overhauls an eclectic collection of cars
and trucks. Eight episodes?

https://www.netflix.com/title/80194704

Dream Home Makeover (complete season 3) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Dreams come true for real families looking for the perfect home tailored to
their own unique style, thanks to Shea and Syd McGee of Studio McGee. Six
episodes?

https://www.netflix.com/title/81088239

The Most Hated Man on the Internet (complete documentary miniseries)
(3:01 am, Netflix)

On revenge porn magnate Hunter Moore; three episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySFpxEdKxMw

https://www.netflix.com/title/81387065

Rebelde (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Netflix)

As Elite Way School starts a new term, a familiar enemy ­ a secret society
called the Lodge ­ threatens to crash the musical hopes of the first-years.
Mexican teen series; eight episodes?

https://www.netflix.com/title/81033243

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14153686/

Recurrence (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Years after moving to a remote town, ex-cop Pipa is pulled back into the
dark world she thought she'd left behind when a corpse appears on her
property. Argentinian film.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81259570

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15943258/ [as "Pipa"]

High School Musical: The Musical: The Series (season 3 premiere)
(3:01 am, Disney+)

The Wildcats head to Camp Shallow Lake, a California sleepaway camp, where
they and their fellow campers are primed for an unforgettable summer ripe
with romance, curfew-less nights and a taste of the great outdoors. With a
high-stakes production of "Frozen" on the horizon AND a drama-filled
"docu-series" of the production, the Wildcats will attempt to show who is
"best in snow" without leaving anyone out in the cold. Eight episodes
released weekly; already renewed for season 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc4pXgZHSB8

Light & Magic (documentary miniseries) (3:01 am, Disney+)

This six-part docuseries from filmmaker Lawrence Kasdan examines the
legendary special effects studio Industrial Light & Magic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM_XwzOK_98

Broadcast and cable:

Wellington Paranormal (season 4 premiere) (9 pm, CW)

Six episodes.

We Met in Virtual Reality (documentary) (9 pm, HBO)

Filmed entirely inside the world of VR, this documentary captures the
excitement and surprising intimacy of a burgeoning cultural movement,
demonstrating the power of online connection in an isolated world.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: July 23-29: Robin’s selected programming for the week

<tbh70o$3vjlv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148471&group=rec.arts.tv#148471

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_July_23-29:_Robin’s_selected_programming_
for_the_week
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 09:18:36 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 16:18 UTC

On 7/23/2022 8:25 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Surface [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
> Gugu Mbatha-Raw stars in an eight-episode psychological thriller created by
> Veronica West (Dexter, High Fidelity). She plays Sophie, a woman recovering
> from major memory loss and a traumatic head injury which she is told was
> caused by a suicide attempt, though she has no memory of the event or the
> circumstances leading up to it. But as she begins to put her life back
> together, she begins to wonder if everything she is being told about her
> past life is true. Stephan James, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Ari Graynor,
> Marianne Jean-Baptiste, and Millie Brady also star, while Sam Miller (I May
> Destroy You) directs half the series. Three episodes stream today followed
> by weekly single-episode installments.

The twist is that it was actually an attack by sea monsters with six
legs that humans can only see four of.

> Uncoupled [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Neil Patrick Harris stars as a 40-something New Yorker whose seemingly
> perfect life comes to an end when his husband of 17 years abruptly leaves
> him in a new comedy series. Eight episodes.

Doogie Howser is gay?! Actually that makes sense....

dirty old man.

Re: July 23-29: Robin’s selected programming for the week

<230720221233217270%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148474&group=rec.arts.tv#148474

Subject: Re: July 23-29: Robin’s selected programming for the week
From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 12:33:21 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 16:33 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Christmas in Toyland (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> A toy store data analyst attempts to save hundreds of jobs right before
> Christmas to help keep the in-store experience alive. Stars Vanessa Lengies
> and Jesse Hutch.
>
> RM: It is WAY too early for Christmas movies. Even semi-Christmas movies.

Not for them, it's not. Hallmark Channel routinely quadruples its
ratings with Christmas movies, no matter the time of year.

Now, Vanessa Lengies as a blonde, there I object.

BTW the film you're talking about here was made expressly for their
Christmas in July jamboree. I think Hallmark's actual Christmas
schedule begins on Nov 1, but of course they run at least two holiday
films a week, every week.

Re: July 23-29: Robin's selected programming for the week

<tbh8lb$3vsd9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148478&group=rec.arts.tv#148478

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 16:46:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 16:46 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>. . .

>Uncoupled [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

>Neil Patrick Harris stars as a 40-something New Yorker whose seemingly
>perfect life comes to an end when his husband of 17 years abruptly leaves
>him in a new comedy series. Eight episodes.

His husband left Doogie Howser to do his own comedy series? Do any of
these flaks understand that the order of the phrases cannot be random so
that meaning may be conveyed?

Neil Patrick Harris stars in a new comedy series as a 40-something New
Yorker...

Get it?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMT4pVK-uFo

>https://www.netflix.com/title/81465093

>https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15466144/

>Honor Society (movie) (3:01 am, Paramount+)

>Honor [Angourie Rice] is an ambitious high school senior whose sole focus
>is getting into an Ivy League college...assuming she can first score the
>coveted recommendation from her guidance counselor, Mr. Calvin. Willing to
>do whatever it takes, Honor concocts a Machiavellian-like plan to take down
>her top three student competitors, until things take a turn when she
>unexpectedly falls for her biggest competition, Michael [Gaten Matarazz].

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4z67u7TNFY

>https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16491324/

Needs actual murders

We will ignore that she's not competing with her own classmates but kids
from high schools elsewhere in the country, but that's inconvenient for
the plot, I guess.

>Keeping Up With the Joneses: The Wrong Inside Man (movie) (8
>pm, LMN)

Does this merge two franchises?

Re: Re0 July 23-290 Robin€™s selected programming for the week

<tbhpfo$ddr$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148534&group=rec.arts.tv#148534

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_Re0_July_23-290_Robin€™s_selected_programming_for_the_week
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 09:33:44 +1200
 by: Your Name - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 21:33 UTC

On 2022-07-23 16:18:36 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:
> On 7/23/2022 8:25 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>>
>> Surface [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>>
>> Gugu Mbatha-Raw stars in an eight-episode psychological thriller created by
>> Veronica West (Dexter, High Fidelity). She plays Sophie, a woman recovering
>> from major memory loss and a traumatic head injury which she is told was
>> caused by a suicide attempt, though she has no memory of the event or the
>> circumstances leading up to it. But as she begins to put her life back
>> together, she begins to wonder if everything she is being told about her
>> past life is true. Stephan James, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Ari Graynor,
>> Marianne Jean-Baptiste, and Millie Brady also star, while Sam Miller (I May
>> Destroy You) directs half the series. Three episodes stream today followed
>> by weekly single-episode installments.
>
> The twist is that it was actually an attack by sea monsters with six
> legs that humans can only see four of.
>

>> Uncoupled [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>
>> Neil Patrick Harris stars as a 40-something New Yorker whose seemingly
>> perfect life comes to an end when his husband of 17 years abruptly leaves
>> him in a new comedy series. Eight episodes.
>
> Doogie Howser is gay?! Actually that makes sense....

The actor Neil Patrick Harris announced he was gay way back in 2006. He
is married to David Burtka, and they have twins (a boy and a girl) via
a surrogate mother.

Doogie Howser may or may not be gay. I don't recall it ever being
specifically mentioned either way, but I haven't seen the show in years.

Re: July 23-29: Robin?s selected programming for the week

<tbhpm6$fff$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148535&group=rec.arts.tv#148535

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 09:37:11 +1200
 by: Your Name - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 21:37 UTC

On 2022-07-23 15:25:54 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
<snip>
> Hotel Portofino (season 1 finale) (8 pm, PBS)

We saw it a few days ago. It's an okay show, described by some as
"Downton Abbey" meets "The Durrels". It is returnng back for a second
season some time next year.

> We Hunt Together (season 2 finale) (8 pm, Showtime)

We've seen season 1 last year(?), but haven't gotten around to season 2 yet.

Re: Re: Re0 July 23-290 Robin€™s selected programming for the week

<230720221739099592%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148536&group=rec.arts.tv#148536

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 17:39:09 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 21:39 UTC

In article <tbhpfo$ddr$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Your Name
<YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

> On 2022-07-23 16:18:36 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:
> > On 7/23/2022 8:25 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> >>
> >> Surface [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
> >>
> >> Gugu Mbatha-Raw stars in an eight-episode psychological thriller created by
> >> Veronica West (Dexter, High Fidelity). She plays Sophie, a woman recovering
> >> from major memory loss and a traumatic head injury which she is told was
> >> caused by a suicide attempt, though she has no memory of the event or the
> >> circumstances leading up to it. But as she begins to put her life back
> >> together, she begins to wonder if everything she is being told about her
> >> past life is true. Stephan James, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Ari Graynor,
> >> Marianne Jean-Baptiste, and Millie Brady also star, while Sam Miller (I May
> >> Destroy You) directs half the series. Three episodes stream today followed
> >> by weekly single-episode installments.
> >
> > The twist is that it was actually an attack by sea monsters with six
> > legs that humans can only see four of.
> >

> >> Uncoupled [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
> >>
> >> Neil Patrick Harris stars as a 40-something New Yorker whose seemingly
> >> perfect life comes to an end when his husband of 17 years abruptly leaves
> >> him in a new comedy series. Eight episodes.
> >
> > Doogie Howser is gay?! Actually that makes sense....
>
> The actor Neil Patrick Harris announced he was gay way back in 2006. He
> is married to David Burtka, and they have twins (a boy and a girl) via
> a surrogate mother.
>
> Doogie Howser may or may not be gay. I don't recall it ever being
> specifically mentioned either way, but I haven't seen the show in years.

Me, neither, but I don't remember even a hint about it. Doogie had a
male best friend, but it was a nonsexual relationship. Now that I'm
thinking about this, I seem to recall a controversial episode in which
an older girl seduces Doogie.

Re: July 23-29: Robin's selected programming for the week

<tbhug8$5ml3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148547&group=rec.arts.tv#148547

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 15:59:20 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 22:59 UTC

On 2022-07-23 16:46:35 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> . . .
>
>> Honor Society (movie) (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
>> Honor [Angourie Rice] is an ambitious high school senior whose sole focus
>> is getting into an Ivy League college...assuming she can first score the
>> coveted recommendation from her guidance counselor, Mr. Calvin. Willing to
>> do whatever it takes, Honor concocts a Machiavellian-like plan to take down
>> her top three student competitors, until things take a turn when she
>> unexpectedly falls for her biggest competition, Michael [Gaten Matarazz].
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4z67u7TNFY
>
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16491324/
>
> Needs actual murders

I agree with you.

But I would have watched this were it not on Pee+.

> We will ignore that she's not competing with her own classmates but kids
> from high schools elsewhere in the country, but that's inconvenient for
> the plot, I guess.
>

>> Keeping Up With the Joneses: The Wrong Inside Man (movie) (8
>> pm, LMN)
>
> Does this merge two franchises?

No - the "Wrong" stuff is just, basically, "episode titles".

Re: July 23-29: Robin’s selected programming for the week

<tbi09n$642l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148548&group=rec.arts.tv#148548

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 16:29:59 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 23:29 UTC

On 2022-07-23 15:25:54 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> July 23-29: Robin’s selected programming for the week
>

> Saturday, July 23
>

> Flowers in the Attic: The Origin (Part 3: The Murderer) (movie) (8
> pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> The story of the headstrong and determined Olivia Winfield [Jemina Rooper
> from Hex] who is working alongside her beloved father when she finds
> herself unexpectedly wooed by one of the nation's most eligible bachelors,
> Malcom Foxworth [Max Irons]. After a whirlwind romance, Olivia finds
> herself as the mistress of the imposing Foxworth Hall, where she soon
> discovers that the fairytale life she expected has quickly become a
> nightmare.
>
> Part 3: After a devastating and unimaginable loss that will haunt her for
> the rest of time, Olivia finds both her son and daughter in forbidden
> relationships. She opposes their unions, but as she tries to hold on, more
> destruction finds her and pushes her further to her breaking point.
> Finally, blood is on her hands as an old foe’s fate waits to be revealed.

Of course, as I've already done Parts 1 & 2.

> This is the third film in a 4-part series airing on consecutive weeks:

Who wants to bet that Part 4 will be a "pre-prequel"?? They did that
with the last entry in "Heaven" miniseries (going with a "prequel"),
and I could definitely see them doing that here too...

> https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/flowers-in-the-attic-the-origin/season-1
>
> Situated as a prequel to "Dollanganger Saga: Flowers in the Attic" from
> 2014: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3074694/
>

> Christmas in Toyland (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> A toy store data analyst attempts to save hundreds of jobs right before
> Christmas to help keep the in-store experience alive. Stars Vanessa Lengies
> and Jesse Hutch.
>
> RM: It is WAY too early for Christmas movies. Even semi-Christmas movies.

It's "Christmas in July" on Hallmark.

Anyway, I like Lengies quite a lot...

> Sunday, July 24
>

> Love on Trend (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> When Allie left her small town to move to San Francisco to pursue her dream
> of becoming a fashion designer, little did she imagine that the city had
> big plans for her - and for her heart. Stars Jocelyn Panton and Giles
> Panton.

Never heard of *either*!!

> Hider in My House (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Inspired by true events. Molly Bachman, a young bestselling author buys the
> apartment of her dreams in the city. As she settles in, ready to start work
> on her next novel, strange sounds and bumps in the night begin to alarm
> her, along with the feeling of being watched and followed. As she discovers
> the dark history of the apartment, she eventually discovers a horrifying
> secret­a hidden entrance to another abandoned apartment behind the walls.
> What lies behind those walls leads to a shocking revelation. Meghan
> Carrasquillo and Thomas Gipson [note: not Gibson] star.

Meh...

> We Hunt Together (season 2 finale) (8 pm, Showtime)

Cool - That means I can start binging it now.

> Wednesday, July 27
>

> Streaming:
>

> High School Musical: The Musical: The Series (season 3 premiere)
> (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> The Wildcats head to Camp Shallow Lake, a California sleepaway camp, where
> they and their fellow campers are primed for an unforgettable summer ripe
> with romance, curfew-less nights and a taste of the great outdoors. With a
> high-stakes production of "Frozen" on the horizon AND a drama-filled
> "docu-series" of the production, the Wildcats will attempt to show who is
> "best in snow" without leaving anyone out in the cold. Eight episodes
> released weekly; already renewed for season 4.

Oh, F**K, no!!

> Thursday, July 28
>

> Streaming:
>

> Keep Breathing [new; complete limited series] (3:01 am,
> Netflix)
>
> After her private plane crashes in the remote Canadian frontier, lone
> survivor and New York lawyer Liv (Melissa Barrera) must battle both an
> unforgiving wilderness and past personal traumas to stay alive. Six
> episodes.

This is another in the long line of "as a movie? yes; as a series?
(likely) no" projects...

> Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin [new; reboot] (3:01 am,
> HBO Max)
>
> Twenty years ago, a series of tragic events almost ripped Millwood apart.
> Now, in the present day, a brand-new set of Little Liars finds themselves
> tormented by an unknown assailant. Ten episodes released through August 18,
> with the first three released today.

Come on - I haven't even tackled the "Gossip Girl" reboot yet!!

> Friday, July 29
>

> Streaming:
>

> Paper Girls [new; complete season 1] (12:01 am, Amazon
> Prime Video)
>
> In the early morning hours after Halloween 1988, four paper girls - Erin,
> Mac, Tiffany, and KJ - are out on their delivery route when they become
> caught in the crossfire between warring time-travelers, changing the course
> of their lives forever. Transported into the future, these girls must
> figure out a way to get back home to the past, a journey that will bring
> them face-to-face with the grown-up versions of themselves. While
> reconciling that their futures are far different than their 12-year-old
> selves imagined, they are being hunted by a militant faction of
> time-travelers known as the Old Watch, who have outlawed time travel so
> that they can stay in power. In order to survive, the girls will need to
> overcome their differences and learn to trust each other, and themselves.
> Eight episodes.

Yeah, I've heard about this, and am likely to check it out...

> Not Okay (movie) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Danni Sanders (Zoey Deutch), an aimless aspiring writer with no friends, no
> romantic prospects and ­ worst of all ­ no followers, fakes an
> Instagram-friendly trip to Paris in the hopes of boosting her social media
> clout. When a terrifying incident strikes the City of Lights, Danni
> unwittingly falls into a lie bigger than she ever imagined. She "returns" a
> hero, even striking up an unlikely friendship with Rowan (Mia Isaac), a
> real trauma survivor dedicated to societal change, and scooping up the man
> of her dreams Colin (Dylan O'Brien). As an influencer and advocate, Danni
> finally has the life and audience she always wanted. But it’s only a matter
> of time before the façade cracks, and she learns the hard way that the
> Internet loves a takedown.

Boy, I dunno... I like Deutch and O'Brien, but this sounds like a tough slog...

> Purple Hearts (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> In spite of their many differences, Cassie (Sofia Carson), a struggling
> singer-songwriter, and Luke (Nicholas Galitzine), a troubled marine, agree
> to marry solely for military benefits. But when tragedy strikes, the line
> between real and pretend begins to blur.

Uh... maybe?

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Keeping Up With the Joneses: The Wrong Inside Man (movie) (8
> pm, LMN)
>
> William French’s diabolical plan to reunite with Kayla is thwarted. Tara
> displays her smarts once again when she discovers Eve’s true identity and
> motive. Webb falls for Lance’s ruse hook, line, and sinker. The family
> devises a plan to neutralize not just Webb, but all their enemies once and
> for all, and become even wealthier and more powerful than ever.

Yeah, there's *no way* this is all going to go that smoothly!!

> Season two of "LMN’s prolific Wrong franchise," which consists of four
> films airing on consecutive weeks, of which this is the last:
> https://www.mylifetime.com/keepingupwiththejoneses. The four two-hour films
> star Vivica A. Fox as the matriarch of a wealthy family, who along with her
> four stepdaughters, will stop at nothing to protect their business and
> family after they are threatened.
>
> All movies in the series: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14785192/episodes/

Let's hope there's a "season three"!!... ;)

> (end)

Re: Re0 July 23-290 Robin€™s selected programming for the week

<tbi0o5$62c0$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148550&group=rec.arts.tv#148550

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Re0 July 23-290 Robin€™s selected
_programming_for_the_week
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 16:37:42 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 23:37 UTC

On 7/23/2022 2:33 PM, Your Name wrote:
> On 2022-07-23 16:18:36 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:
>> On 7/23/2022 8:25 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>>>
>>> Surface         [new]         (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>>>
>>> Gugu Mbatha-Raw stars in an eight-episode psychological thriller
>>> created by
>>> Veronica West (Dexter, High Fidelity). She plays Sophie, a woman
>>> recovering
>>> from major memory loss and a traumatic head injury which she is told was
>>> caused by a suicide attempt, though she has no memory of the event or
>>> the
>>> circumstances leading up to it. But as she begins to put her life back
>>> together, she begins to wonder if everything she is being told about her
>>> past life is true. Stephan James, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Ari Graynor,
>>> Marianne Jean-Baptiste, and Millie Brady also star, while Sam Miller
>>> (I May
>>> Destroy You) directs half the series. Three episodes stream today
>>> followed
>>> by weekly single-episode installments.
>>
>> The twist is that it was actually an attack by sea monsters with six
>> legs that humans can only see four of.
>>

>>> Uncoupled          [new; complete season 1]        (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>>
>>> Neil Patrick Harris stars as a 40-something New Yorker whose seemingly
>>> perfect life comes to an end when his husband of 17 years abruptly
>>> leaves
>>> him in a new comedy series. Eight episodes.
>>
>> Doogie Howser is gay?!  Actually that makes sense....
>
> The actor Neil Patrick Harris announced he was gay way back in 2006. He
> is married to David Burtka, and they have twins (a boy and a girl) via a
> surrogate mother.
>
> Doogie Howser may or may not be gay. I don't recall it ever being
> specifically mentioned either way, but I haven't seen the show in years.

I don't know if I had heard that about the actor, it doesn't really
matter to me personally so its not something I make any effort to
remember. But it was a straight line for snark! So I snarked. :)

dirty old man.

Re: July 23-29: Robin’s selected programming for the week

<1323817260.680284428.362552.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148558&group=rec.arts.tv#148558

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: July 23-29: Robin’s selected
programming for the week
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 19:11:15 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 24 Jul 2022 02:11 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> July 23-29: Robin’s selected programming for the week
>

> Saturday, July 23
>

> Flowers in the Attic: The Origin (Part 3: The Murderer) (movie) (8
> pm, Lifetime Channel)

That reminds me to delete these unwatched.

> Christmas in Toyland (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> A toy store data analyst attempts to save hundreds of jobs right before
> Christmas to help keep the in-store experience alive. Stars Vanessa Lengies
> and Jesse Hutch.
>
> RM: It is WAY too early for Christmas movies. Even semi-Christmas movies.

It’s Christmas in July!

> Sunday, July 24
>

> Love on Trend (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

Nobody gets up!

> Hider in My House (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Inspired by true events. Molly Bachman, a young bestselling author buys the
> apartment of her dreams in the city. As she settles in, ready to start work
> on her next novel, strange sounds and bumps in the night begin to alarm
> her, along with the feeling of being watched and followed. As she discovers
> the dark history of the apartment, she eventually discovers a horrifying
> secret­a hidden entrance to another abandoned apartment behind the walls.
> What lies behind those walls leads to a shocking revelation. Meghan
> Carrasquillo and Thomas Gipson [note: not Gibson] star.

So the hider is not in her house. There’s somebody in the apartment
next-door. And somehow the landlord has lost an entire apartment. First
time they get pizza delivery, the jig is up.

> Note: "Shark Week" starts today on Discovery Channel:

CHOMP!!

> https://www.discovery.com/shark-week
>
> Meanwhile, "Sharkfest" started on July 10 on Nat Geo:

Nobody gets Nat Geo

> Monday, July 25

> Tuesday, July 26
>

> Streaming:
>

> Di4ries [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> First crushes, first kisses, fun with friends ­ and feuds with rivals. In
> the halls of Galileo Galilei Middle School, every day is full of surprises!
> Italian teen series.

Something for Ian

> Not Just a Girl (documentary) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> This Netflix-exclusive documentary traces the life and music career of
> Shania Twain.

Shouldn’t they have done this like 20 years ago?

> Whitney Cummings: Jokes (comedy special) (3:01 am,
> Netflix)

Shouldn’t they have done this like 20 years ago?

> Never Seen Again (season 2) (3:01 am, Paramount+)

Nobody gets P plus prime pudding!
Not even the free trial!

> Broadcast and cable:

> Wednesday, July 27
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Most Hated Man on the Internet (complete documentary miniseries)
> (3:01 am, Netflix)

I thought they meant Ian, but I guess he’s just the most hated man on
USENET.

> Rebelde (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> As Elite Way School starts a new term, a familiar enemy ­ a secret society
> called the Lodge ­ threatens to crash the musical hopes of the first-years.
> Mexican teen series; eight episodes?

Something for Ian?

> High School Musical: The Musical: The Series (season 3 premiere)
> (3:01 am, Disney+)

Something for Ian?

> Light & Magic (documentary miniseries) (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> This six-part docuseries from filmmaker Lawrence Kasdan examines the
> legendary special effects studio Industrial Light & Magic.

Shouldn’t they have done this 20 years ago?

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> We Met in Virtual Reality (documentary) (9 pm, HBO)
>
> Filmed entirely inside the world of VR,

Inconceivable. I don’t think they know what some of these words mean.

> Thursday, July 28
>

> Streaming:
>

> Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin [new; reboot] (3:01 am,
> HBO Max)
>
> Twenty years ago, a series of tragic events almost ripped Millwood apart.
> Now, in the present day, a brand-new set of Little Liars finds themselves
> tormented by an unknown assailant. Ten episodes released through August 18,
> with the first three released today.

And they don’t mention anybody from the cast? How will Ian know if he wants
to watch this?

> The Family Business (complete season 4) (3:01 am, BET+)

Nobody watches BET plus! We get it, but nobody watches it. Hence the
ratings being zero.

> Three Families [new to US] (3:01 am, Sundance Now)

Nobody watches Sundance now or ever!

> Broadcast and cable:

> Friday, July 29
>

> Streaming:
>

> Paper Girls [new; complete season 1] (12:01 am, Amazon
> Prime Video)
>
> In the early morning hours after Halloween 1988, four paper girls - Erin,
> Mac, Tiffany, and KJ - are out on their delivery route when they become
> caught in the crossfire between warring time-travelers, changing the course
> of their lives forever. Transported into the future, these girls must
> figure out a way to get back home to the past, a journey that will bring
> them face-to-face with the grown-up versions of themselves. While
> reconciling that their futures are far different than their 12-year-old
> selves imagined, they are being hunted by a militant faction of
> time-travelers known as the Old Watch, who have outlawed time travel so
> that they can stay in power. In order to survive, the girls will need to
> overcome their differences and learn to trust each other, and themselves.
> Eight episodes.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDz0ioCV1TU
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10623646/

OK, this sounds too incredibly stupid to not sample.

> Surface [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)

Lake Bell and her big breasts and six legs are back!

> The Entitled (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> After learning her estranged father is a hotel mogul, Belinda bumbles her
> way through a new, sophisticated lifestyle with the help of a charming
> lawyer. Filipino film.
>
> RM: What?

You heard them!

> Rebel Cheer Squad: A Get Even Series [new; complete season 1]
> (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> A trio of cheerleaders at a posh private school revive their former
> classmates' anti-bullying club and team up to fight injustice in this teen
> thriller. British series; 8 episodes.

Some thing for Ian?

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Fatal Flaw (new time slot) (8 pm, ABC)
>
> Uses miniature dollhouses of crime scenes to take viewers through chilling
> homicides and the tiny clues at the crime scenes that helped investigators
> identify the killers. Moves from 10 pm.

And they wonder why I don’t watch ABC

> Secret Celebrity Renovation (season 2 premiere) (8 pm,
> CBS)
>
> A one-hour series that gives celebrities in sports, music and entertainment

Because modern music isn’t entertainment

> Keeping Up With the Joneses: The Wrong Inside Man (movie) (8
> pm, LMN)

Something for Ian? His middle name is wrong!

> American Anthems (season 1 finale) (10 pm, PBS)

I thought PBS only did anti-American anthems?

> (end)

Re: July 23-29: Robin’s selected programming for the week

<tbigps$ck66$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148569&group=rec.arts.tv#148569

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
for_the_week
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 21:11:42 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 24 Jul 2022 04:11 UTC

On 7/23/2022 7:11 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Surface [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
> Lake Bell and her big breasts and six legs are back!

Where's my ice cream!?

dirty old man.

Re: July 23-29: Robin’s selected programming for the week

<tbilnk$jov$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148570&group=rec.arts.tv#148570

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 17:35:48 +1200
 by: Your Name - Sun, 24 Jul 2022 05:35 UTC

On 2022-07-24 02:11:15 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

>> Light & Magic (documentary miniseries) (3:01 am, Disney+)
>>
>> This six-part docuseries from filmmaker Lawrence Kasdan examines the
>> legendary special effects studio Industrial Light & Magic.
>
> Shouldn’t they have done this 20 years ago?

It's still the biggest special effects / CGI studio on the planet.

Re: July 23-29: Robin’s selected programming for the week

<tbis66$fed8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148577&group=rec.arts.tv#148577

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 00:25:59 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 24 Jul 2022 07:25 UTC

On 2022-07-23 23:29:59 +0000, Ian J. Ball said:

> On 2022-07-23 15:25:54 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> July 23-29: Robin’s selected programming for the week
>>

>> Saturday, July 23
>>

>> Flowers in the Attic: The Origin (Part 3: The Murderer) (movie) (8
>> pm, Lifetime Channel)
>>
>> The story of the headstrong and determined Olivia Winfield [Jemina Rooper
>> from Hex] who is working alongside her beloved father when she finds
>> herself unexpectedly wooed by one of the nation's most eligible bachelors,
>> Malcom Foxworth [Max Irons]. After a whirlwind romance, Olivia finds
>> herself as the mistress of the imposing Foxworth Hall, where she soon
>> discovers that the fairytale life she expected has quickly become a
>> nightmare.
>>
>> Part 3: After a devastating and unimaginable loss that will haunt her for
>> the rest of time, Olivia finds both her son and daughter in forbidden
>> relationships. She opposes their unions, but as she tries to hold on, more
>> destruction finds her and pushes her further to her breaking point.
>> Finally, blood is on her hands as an old foe’s fate waits to be revealed.
>
> Of course, as I've already done Parts 1 & 2.
>
>> This is the third film in a 4-part series airing on consecutive weeks:
>
> Who wants to bet that Part 4 will be a "pre-prequel"?? They did that
> with the last entry in "Heaven" miniseries (going with a "prequel"),
> and I could definitely see them doing that here too...

OK - Part 4 is definitely *not* going to be a prequel.

>> https://www.mylifetime.com/shows/flowers-in-the-attic-the-origin/season-1
>>
>> Situated as a prequel to "Dollanganger Saga: Flowers in the Attic" from
>> 2014: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3074694/

Re: July 23-29: Robin's selected programming for the week

<tno49t$24mc$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168935&group=rec.arts.tv#168935

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 22:30:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 18 Dec 2022 22:30 UTC

I'm demonstation how to turn non-ASCII into ASCII in this followup. I'm
using anim's Subject.

Subject: =?UTF-8?Q?July=2023-29:=20Robin=E2=80=99s=20selected?==?UTF-8?Q?=20programming=20for=20the=20week?=

Note that A Friend re-encoded it as Latin 1 ISO-8859-1, which cannot
possibly work as anim's UTF-8 includes non-Latin 1 characters.

Here's the output.

https://dogmamix.com/MimeHeadersDecoder/

which includes the UTF-8 character used as apostrophe.

Here's the output converting the UTF-8 character into its ASCII
substitute.

https://dan.hersam.com/tools/smart-quotes.php

Now we have pure ASCII characters for Subject that require no encoding
and cannot be messed up by anyone's composer in followup.

To get rid of the offending non-ASCII characters in the rest of the
article, just use the second tool.

A Friend wrote:
>Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

>>. . .

>>Doogie Howser may or may not be gay. I don't recall it ever being
>>specifically mentioned either way, but I haven't seen the show in years.

>Me, neither, but I don't remember even a hint about it. Doogie had a
>male best friend, but it was a nonsexual relationship. Now that I'm
>thinking about this, I seem to recall a controversial episode in which
>an older girl seduces Doogie.

Who on the show wouldn't older than Doogie?

I object to assumptions that a character bears any resemblence to the
performer and I further object to scriptwriters who bring details of the
actor's personal life into the script. If Neil Patrick Harris can act,
then let him play any character he can create and do not bring his
personal life into the script.

Hasn't it been this way since Greeks invented theater?

Re: July 23-29: Robin's selected programming for the week

<tno4em$2amh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168936&group=rec.arts.tv#168936

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 22:32:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 18 Dec 2022 22:32 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>I'm demonstation how to turn non-ASCII into ASCII in this followup. I'm
>using anim's Subject.

I didn't realize I had resurrected a long-dead thread. Sorry about that.