The world really isn't any worse. It's just that the news coverage is so much better.

arts / rec.arts.tv / [OT] China sends in the tanks?

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] China sends in the tanks?Rhino
`* Re: [OT] China sends in the tanks?shawn
 `* Re: [OT] China sends in the tanks?Rhino
  +* Re: [OT] China sends in the tanks?TomBenton
  |+- Re: [OT] China sends in the tanks?Rhino
  |`- Re: [OT] China sends in the tanks?Ubiquitous
  `- Re: [OT] China sends in the tanks?Ubiquitous

1
[OT] China sends in the tanks?

<tbhg96$1ust$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148505&group=rec.arts.tv#148505

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] China sends in the tanks?
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 14:56:35 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 18:56 UTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhZOhEgXtQk [5 minutes]

The Chinese banking crisis is REALLY causing major unrest among Chinese
people paying mortgages on apartments that don't look like they're going
to get built - and understandably so. It looks like the CCP is trying to
scare the irate mortgage-holders into docility. I wonder if it will work?

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] China sends in the tanks?

<dipodhpk5rinf05u2apqsngl9cggbhsdf9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148530&group=rec.arts.tv#148530

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] China sends in the tanks?
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 17:23:24 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 21:23 UTC

On Sat, 23 Jul 2022 14:56:35 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhZOhEgXtQk [5 minutes]
>
>The Chinese banking crisis is REALLY causing major unrest among Chinese
>people paying mortgages on apartments that don't look like they're going
>to get built - and understandably so. It looks like the CCP is trying to
>scare the irate mortgage-holders into docility. I wonder if it will work?

It won't. With the banking crisis locking up many people's funds so
they can't access any of their money they will continue to protest.
The CCP deciding to offer them $7400 isn't going to be enough to tame
most of their anger. That combined with the some of the major builders
in financial crisis is going to make it tough for the CCP to bring
things under control.

Re: [OT] China sends in the tanks?

<tbhsh1$55s6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148543&group=rec.arts.tv#148543

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 18:25:37 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 22:25 UTC

On 2022-07-23 5:23 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jul 2022 14:56:35 -0400, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhZOhEgXtQk [5 minutes]
>>
>> The Chinese banking crisis is REALLY causing major unrest among Chinese
>> people paying mortgages on apartments that don't look like they're going
>> to get built - and understandably so. It looks like the CCP is trying to
>> scare the irate mortgage-holders into docility. I wonder if it will work?
>
> It won't. With the banking crisis locking up many people's funds so
> they can't access any of their money they will continue to protest.
> The CCP deciding to offer them $7400 isn't going to be enough to tame
> most of their anger. That combined with the some of the major builders
> in financial crisis is going to make it tough for the CCP to bring
> things under control.

If you're right, then we're either looking at a bloodbath as the CCP
executes Tien An Men Square 2.0 or as civil war erupts....

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] China sends in the tanks?

<i7sqdh9eae0m5ulqf9e7t9pjts2trrd9ei@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148606&group=rec.arts.tv#148606

From: TomBen...@agent.com
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 12:24:52 -0400
 by: TomBen...@agent.com - Sun, 24 Jul 2022 16:24 UTC

On Sat, 23 Jul 2022 18:25:37 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>On 2022-07-23 5:23 PM, shawn wrote:
>> On Sat, 23 Jul 2022 14:56:35 -0400, Rhino
>> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhZOhEgXtQk [5 minutes]
>>>
>>> The Chinese banking crisis is REALLY causing major unrest among Chinese
>>> people paying mortgages on apartments that don't look like they're going
>>> to get built - and understandably so. It looks like the CCP is trying to
>>> scare the irate mortgage-holders into docility. I wonder if it will work?
>>
>> It won't. With the banking crisis locking up many people's funds so
>> they can't access any of their money they will continue to protest.
>> The CCP deciding to offer them $7400 isn't going to be enough to tame
>> most of their anger. That combined with the some of the major builders
>> in financial crisis is going to make it tough for the CCP to bring
>> things under control.
>
>If you're right, then we're either looking at a bloodbath as the CCP
>executes Tien An Men Square 2.0 or as civil war erupts....
Or they could start some military mischievousness as a distraction and
clamp down even harder.

Re: [OT] China sends in the tanks?

<tbk12i$o6bi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148613&group=rec.arts.tv#148613

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 13:55:28 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sun, 24 Jul 2022 17:55 UTC

On 2022-07-24 12:24 PM, TomBenton@agent.com wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jul 2022 18:25:37 -0400, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-07-23 5:23 PM, shawn wrote:

>>> It won't. With the banking crisis locking up many people's funds so
>>> they can't access any of their money they will continue to protest.
>>> The CCP deciding to offer them $7400 isn't going to be enough to tame
>>> most of their anger. That combined with the some of the major builders
>>> in financial crisis is going to make it tough for the CCP to bring
>>> things under control.
>>
>> If you're right, then we're either looking at a bloodbath as the CCP
>> executes Tien An Men Square 2.0 or as civil war erupts....
>
> Or they could start some military mischievousness as a distraction and
> clamp down even harder.

That would be the other obvious move: invade Taiwan so that everyone is
busy reacting to that and not paying attention to developments on the
mainland. They're already threatening military action of some kind if
Pelosi goes to Taiwan as she's been planning.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] China sends in the tanks?

<tbm7ra$17lkg$22@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148702&group=rec.arts.tv#148702

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 10:03:22 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 25 Jul 2022 14:03 UTC

no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:
> On 2022-07-23 5:23 PM, shawn wrote:
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhZOhEgXtQk [5 minutes]
>>>
>>> The Chinese banking crisis is REALLY causing major unrest among Chinese
>>> people paying mortgages on apartments that don't look like they're going
>>> to get built - and understandably so. It looks like the CCP is trying to
>>> scare the irate mortgage-holders into docility. I wonder if it will work?
>>
>> It won't. With the banking crisis locking up many people's funds so
>> they can't access any of their money they will continue to protest.
>> The CCP deciding to offer them $7400 isn't going to be enough to tame
>> most of their anger. That combined with the some of the major builders
>> in financial crisis is going to make it tough for the CCP to bring
>> things under control.
>
>If you're right, then we're either looking at a bloodbath as the CCP
>executes Tien An Men Square 2.0 or as civil war erupts....

We can only hope China collapses.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: [OT] China sends in the tanks?

<tbm7ta$17lkg$23@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=148703&group=rec.arts.tv#148703

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 10:04:26 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 25 Jul 2022 14:04 UTC

TomBenton@agent.com wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> It won't. With the banking crisis locking up many people's funds so
>>> they can't access any of their money they will continue to protest.
>>> The CCP deciding to offer them $7400 isn't going to be enough to tame
>>> most of their anger. That combined with the some of the major builders
>>> in financial crisis is going to make it tough for the CCP to bring
>>> things under control.
>>
>>If you're right, then we're either looking at a bloodbath as the CCP
>>executes Tien An Men Square 2.0 or as civil war erupts....
>
>Or they could start some military mischievousness as a distraction and
>clamp down even harder.

That's what they did with the Wuhan Flu...

--
Let's go Brandon!